Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

I Wish Movies were More Realistic

For me too many movies have happy endings that do not reflect the reality of life. More movies need to end with failure, broken dreams, and soul crushing depression. Some argue that no one would go to see movies like this, but I would go simply for the fact that they wouldn't be as fake as the crap we are constantly peddled today. Show the world how it really is.

Disney endings always leave me with a sour taste in my mouth, like a phony imitation of the real thing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    if u want Realistic Movies go take a step out of your House .. Movies are ment to be *Entertaining* and not reflect the real world ... gosh whats with those threads these days

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    There's more than one genre of movie. Don't want to watch movies with Disney endings? Well then don't.

That said, the movie industry is, mainly, an entertainment industry which thrives on feel-good stuff. Not unlike any other entertainment media. Most people prefer comedies or lighthearted action stuff, to go with their sugar-happy pop music.

Also, of course, there's the element of escapism to take into account; people watch movies/play games/read books to escape from reality, the last thing you want whilst doing so, is being reminded that tomorrow is monday and you have to go to work or something equally mundane.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Reality makes pretty boring special effects. The movies would be boring..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I wish movies were less realistic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There's more than one genre of movie. Don't want to watch movies with Disney endings? Well then don't.

That said, the movie industry is, mainly, an entertainment industry which thrives on feel-good stuff. Not unlike any other entertainment media. Most people prefer comedies or lighthearted action stuff, to go with their sugar-happy pop music.

Also, of course, there's the element of escapism to take into account; people watch movies/play games/read books to escape from reality, the last thing you want whilst doing so, is being reminded that tomorrow is monday and you have to go to work or something equally mundane.
    Maybe that's why things are so screwed up today. Everyone is trying to escape or ignore reality, when what they really need are the hard facts shoved right in their face. Fuck your silly cat videos, go watch some news about the events and atrocities happening in the world right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a fair deal of films being made in that kind of style, you just need to pick what you decide to watch more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    For me too many movies have happy endings that do not reflect the reality of life. More movies need to end with failure, broken dreams, and soul crushing depression. Some argue that no one would go to see movies like this, but I would go simply for the fact that they wouldn't be as fake as the crap we are constantly peddled today. Show the world how it really is.

Disney endings always leave me with a sour taste in my mouth, like a phony imitation of the real thing.
    My real life does not contain failure, broken dreams, or soul crushing depression.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Maybe you should stop wachting kids movies then?

Gravity would have been much more boring if they made it realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe that's why things are so screwed up today. Everyone is trying to escape or ignore reality, when what they really need are the hard facts shoved right in their face. Fuck your silly cat videos, go watch some new about the events and atrocities happening in the world right now.
    What facts? Technology is getting better, that is all that matters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    My real life does not contain failure, broken dreams, or soul crushing depression.
    Are you saying that you have never failed at anything in your entire life. I would not be afraid to call you a liar on that account.

I think the most you'll be able to find from the movie industry are a few with bittersweet endings, a good example of this being Bicentennial Man with Robin Williams...at least i found it bittersweet. Another movie that i found that has a bittersweet ending is No Tears for the Dead. Its Korean and its on netflix with subtitles. Obviously I can't tell you the ending and spoil it but I've watched it twice now and both times it's made me cry at the end.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe that's why things are so screwed up today. Everyone is trying to escape or ignore reality, when what they really need are the hard facts shoved right in their face. Fuck your silly cat videos, go watch some news about the events and atrocities happening in the world right now.
    wow OP rly just wow....way to switch topics from Movies to some Armageddon shit . just face it Movies are to Entertain us not to remind us of what we already face day after day

You realize that the world is more peaceful now than it has ever been, right?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted

The film section you are looking for is "Documentaries". They rarely end up happy ever after.

2edge6m3

You should go see a doctor, your mentality is neither healthy nor normal.

I watch movies as an escape from reality

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You realize that the world is more peaceful now than it has ever been, right?
    Boko Haram killing or selling off like a hundred school girls, all kinds of savagery being committed by ISIS, U.S. drone strikes killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, retarded amounts of income inequality, massive labor exploitation in third world countries, greed, corruption, and so much more shit that it would take a month just to list it all. But dumb fucking Americans would rather just escape from reality and watch "entertaining" cat videos instead of addressing the very real problems that the world faces. So again, fuck your "happy feeling" cat videos they accomplish nothing. If people were more aware and informed about the realities of the world, then it would probably be a lot better place to live.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-05-30 at 06:38 PM.

That would seem to imply that the entertainment industry hasn't always worked this way. Escaping reality for a few hours does not exclude people from being aware of the darker parts of this world. Some people are going to stick their head in the dirt and ignore realities, but they'll do it regardless of the types of movies that are released.