Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    They smell your fear. They don't like it. It's disrespectful.

It's like a muscular guy walking around the street and everoyne looking fearful at him. He'll eventually ask "WHAT THE HECK GUYS I'M JUST A PERSON" - the dog will get nervous because you'r all nervous around him. You must conquer your inner insecurities.
    Chozo hit the nail on the head. I am not a dog owner and I have never had a problem with a strange dog. Most of the time when one comes up to me, it is just wanting to say hello.

The Golden Rule applies to Dogs just as much as it does to humans, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Some dogs should just be put down imo. :|
    Some Humans should just be put down imo :| Dogs are better humans they go by instinct Humans just for their own sake/profit

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Nah, it's the dogs. Pretty stupid animals imo.
    Obviously you have met very few dogs. Many of them are smarter than a lot of people you will meet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    If shady is being nervous by having to pass a huge dog looking straight at you...
    Yeah it sounds like you just have a phobia of dogs and it's your problem, not theirs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    I always found small dogs to be aggressive I can't recall ever running across a large dog that didn't just want to petted and played with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'm not sure a predator acting on it's instinct in the company of kids is good.
    Depends on what instincts have been bred into certain breeds. For instance, a border collie's instinct is to herd everything, which is pretty hilarious when you watch them pace in circles around children, trying to move them towards a non-existent sheep pen.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yeah it sounds like you just have a phobia of dogs and it's your problem, not theirs.
    Phobia of monsters, yes. Phobia of this?

Nope.

Again sounds like you are the problem and not the dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I always found small dogs to be aggressive I can't recall ever running across a large dog that didn't just want to petted and played with.
    I have a German Shepherd and Dalmatian and they are the most well behaved, well trained dogs ever. High energy yes but very playful and very lovely.

Deleted
    Apparently they don't call it lupinophobia lol. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynophobia

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triskell View Post
    Obviously you have met very few dogs. Many of them are smarter than a lot of people you will meet.
    And you obviously know a lot about my life, though I'm unsure how.

There are a lot of dumb people in the world, but a smart dog's intelligence is still not even comparable to a human's.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the owner, breeder and trainer of two well trained Dobermans, if they were to growl at you I would be worried for my safety. Again, there is no other reason why ALL dogs would treat you this way. The problem is you. How you are reacting or look. Jog someplace else where people don't walk dogs?

Pee on the trees, poop in their favorite bushes and finally - steal their bitches.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I honestly think small dogs are worst than big dogs. They think have to act tougher because they are smaller.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Well, I honestly think small dogs are worst than big dogs. They think have to act tougher because they are smaller.
    Yorkshire terriers and limousine hounds are the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Large dogs generally wont bother you its the small fuckers that are vicious. Your nervousness and fear is what is causing them to eyeball you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It's normally true. Little dogs can be vicious. They can be fearful because they are smaller making them much more of a bite risk, and most are just spoiled and not trained well which can lead to aggression issues. My Boston Terrier ruled over all my big mean looking Dobermans.
    Last edited by Laraven; 2016-05-30 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Whispered that dog right in the chest!

On topic, I absolutely love big dogs, small ones can be very annoying and extremely hyper. I find them to be the most aggressive but not very often towards me, Most animals seem to love me.

10+ Year Old Account
    If shady is being nervous by having to pass a huge dog looking straight at you...
    Should see them once you're gone...

Then they party headbanging with Lynyrd Skynrd...
    Ooooh that smell
    Can't you smell that smell
    Ooooh that smell
    The smell of death surrounds him

Srsly now, if you don't act normal they are of course nervous.
    They don't know what you want. Whether you wanna attack them(or their owner) or not.
    FFS.. Even as a human I've my doubts with some joggers that are creepy looking.

Stay further away from them. it is not YOUR lane.. It's everyone's lane..
    Those people too have the same right. Plus they likely pay extra tax for their animal.
    Are you paying an extra tax for running around ? lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Stay further away from them. it is not YOUR lane.. It's everyone's lane..
    Those people too have the same right. Plus they likely pay extra tax for their animal.
    Are you paying an extra tax for running around ? lol
    Are you an animal activist or something? lol

So I might've posted many months ago before about an unpleasant owner and his two big ass dogs, but now I've had enough of this shit. To make this short: Where I jog or go walk for breakfast, it's dog central. Everyone pretty much has a dog. Now the little puppers like chihuahuas and pomeranians will never bug you, they just wanna play or they're being held and not walked. Never had any issue ever. However, every fuckin time with big dogs it boils down to them suddenly staring my way, frozen in place while their owner is too busy fuckin jerking off. If you walk by them even slightly hesitantly, they WILL growl at you or bark at worst. I've never been attacked yet but a lot of the time the owner is like "no, bad dog!" or "sorry, he's just nervous."

Like fuck off I'm so tired of this shit of being scared to walk down my own goddamn lane. A lot of these "dogs" don't even look like dogs they look like goddamn wolves if they're not pitbulls because god knows why they're allowed to roam free. And I'm paranoid these big dogs are just out to get ME because I see them interact with the little doggies and they never get violent. I saw said pitbull looking at me suspiciously have fun with a passing by Yorkie for example...which is how I snuck by when he was distracted.
    Maybe you should try facing your fear. Next time you see the owner stop and talk with him, meet the dogs and strike up a friendship with the guy and the dogs. I don't mean to put the blame on you, but the dogs are acting that way because of your state of mind while in that situation. Or next time before you get near their house, stop to take a few deep breaths and clear your mind and when you're going past the house focus on something else.