Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think it had more to do with his black hands, if people noticed it. I haven't read the books and during the scene I kept thinking it had to be gloves, but just didn't look it, so I went to google a few things and found out about Coldhands.
    Apologies for my confusion then, but what was the subtlety about? They explicitly relayed both his former identity and his current undeath. Sorry for the repeated question, I'm just scratching my head, haha.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung Cyborg View Post
    Am I the only person that cares about Margaery & Loras Tyrell? I feel like I am lmao! To me Margaery is one of my favorite characters, she's a bit like Cersei in the sense that she goes out of her way to protect her family but without the harsh and coldness that Cersei brings along with her.
    You must have become uncomfortable with this latest episode. >.>

Deleted
    Subtle about it, meaning the scene wasn't too long or specific with the details. It also came off as if they wanted him to be aloof and a tad mysterious.
    How was it not specific with the details, they literally explained exactly what happened to him and how he is the way he is.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    In the TV show he is, confirmed by the showrunners, they prolly just couldnt be bothered having seperate characters
    Seems about right. Show had to condense and felt this was a good one. We'll see.

Book Coldhands is confirmed not to be Benjen by GRRM himself to his editor.

Deleted
    Regarding him being something else now (Coldhands).
    The WW left him for dead, the Children found him and jammed some Dragonglass in his heart, now he is dead but still Benjen.

What else is there to cover?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding him being something else now (Coldhands).
    We'll agree to disagree then. To me they explained that pretty explicitly too, right down to his being killed by a WW, undeath, and the dragonglass in the heart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    When did they confirm this? Was this in the after-the-episode thing?
    To be fair, I'm not sure thee's really anything needed to confirm. It's clearly Benjen, and he's clearly undead. Ergo he's effectively a Coldhands of sorts.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Why does everyone believe them when they debunk theories?

It's obvious he won't goddamn spoil it just like Kit said Jon's dead and gone.
    The statement was in response to a question by his editor on one of his manuscripts of ADWD (So recent enough to be meaningful). It was displayed/shown. No misdirection can really be assumed there.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2016-05-30 at 07:07 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I'm wondering, does the faceless man actually wants to kill Arya, or is that another test?
    Even considering if her teacher wasn't the faceless man himself o.o
    He warned her ahead of time, "Either way, a face will be added to the whole..." Indicating if she didn't follow through, she was dead. Then sent the waif after her pretty explicitly.

What kind of test are you thinking of? Perhaps you think Arya killing the waif would satisfy the "face needed" requirement?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    He warned her ahead of time, "Either way, a face will be added to the whole..." Indicating if she didn't follow through, she was dead. Then sent the waif after her pretty explicitly.

What kind of test are you thinking of? Perhaps you think Arya killing the waif would satisfy the "face needed" requirement?
    I reckon that will be the outcome.

Seems the whole faceless plotline just did a u-turn. Dissapointed in that one.

Yeah, you're right, so maybe they did plan to. Maybe it was meant to imply that didn't bring them all into that area because of the already large crowd of people... not enough room and all.
    Why would they bring the whole army tho? They didnt mean to take the city, merely get the queen from the sparrows, who arent that many.
    Sending the whole army not only would make the travel time longer, it would also leave the highgarden defenseless.

THat waif bitch is dead, Arya's eyebrows are unstoppable. Will be interesting to see if the man will let her live or not.

Loved Jaime, hoped he would wrek some puny ass zealots.

King's Landing should be really interesting now. I hope Tommen dies, making Cersei go mad and order the Mountain to slay everyone in the council.

If the writers mess up Jaime's arc in the Riverlands, and don't make him more likeable (like the books), I'll be mad. I remember that Cersei called him back from Riverrun in the books to fight for her in the trial, but he didn't go.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    If the writers mess up Jaime's arc in the Riverlands, and don't make him more likeable (like the books), I'll be mad. I remember that Cersei called him back from Riverrun in the books to fight for her in the trial, but he didn't go.
    They already kinda did with him getting back to s1/2/3 - thats is 'me and you (cersei) are all that matters, fuck the world, there's only us) so...

Btw. Wasnt there a spoiler that gregor kill that big septa? or was it for later episode? really cant wait to see that giant bitch dead. Hope Tommen will be in his way too...

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post

To be fair, I'm not sure thee's really anything needed to confirm. It's clearly Benjen, and he's clearly undead. Ergo he's effectively a Coldhands of sorts.
    He's a "Coldhands-like" character, and it's clear he's somewhere between wight and man, but I was thinking Coldhands appeared on the show before and this didn't match him. Since he hasn't been on the show before, he may as well be Coldhands, because that name/character has no meaning in the show yet anyways.

I think GRRM probably painted a picture too well that I just imagined him in the show, idk. Looking back on it, it seems somewhat ridiculous that Sam/Gilly escaped without Coldhands, and that Bran made it to the 3ER just based on a vision from touching a tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Why would they bring the whole army tho? They didnt mean to take the city, merely get the queen from the sparrows, who arent that many.
    Sending the whole army not only would make the travel time longer, it would also leave the highgarden defenseless.
    If my memory doesn't fail me, in the books, the Tyrell army is actually stationed near KL.

I was right, Lady Stoneheart will appear this season

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    They already kinda did with him getting back to s1/2/3 - thats is 'me and you (cersei) are all that matters, fuck the world, there's only us) so...

Btw. Wasnt there a spoiler that gregor kill that big septa? or was it for later episode? really cant wait to see that giant bitch dead. Hope Tommen will be in his way too...
    He'll kill himself out of mental breakdown.
    Or starve himself to death.
    Or get killed by a mountain, thus making Cersei insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Yeah but the sword isn't Sams by right at all, he gave up his claims when he joined the Nights Watch. He's still a man of the Nights Watch, he hasn't renounced his vows like Jon.
    Nitpicking but Jon didn't renounce his vows, he fulfilled them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How would he stay with Gilly and little Sam then? He clearly days he decided they would remain together as a family and the Maesters wouldn't allow that.
    They aren't allowed in the college, but there's nothing saying women aren't allowed in Oldtown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    I was right, Lady Stoneheart will appear this season
    Actually the leaks say otherwise. We are going to see the Riverlands, Nymeria, Black Fish, even the Hound.
    But there is no mention of LSH in the leaks, and nothing that points towards that other than the location.
    LHS should have been there at least 1 season ago killing Frey's with the help of the Brotherhood. No mention at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Nitpicking but Jon didn't renounce his vows, he fulfilled them.
    Alright, but Jon no longer being a part of the Nights Watch was what I was getting at there, not the means by which he left it.