Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Having to explore places on foot is super cool for new players, but like most things flight paths should be unlocked automatically for alts after you've found them once. Leveling alts was *so* much more enjoyable when I could freely go to whichever zone I wanted without having to roll my eyes at the hassle of running all the way across Kalimdor to find relevant content just because I chose to do the first half of my leveling in the eastern kingdoms. It's one of the main contributors to the fact that I've just sat in capital cities queueing for dungeons on my last few characters.

Make the game even more casual than it already is? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    No, it didn't used to be like that. In vanilla, you ran to a new zone and you could start questing there. In WoW of 2016, you run to a new zone, do a dungeon, and then all quests there are gray. And all quests in the next zone are gray too. You have to run three zones to be able to do quests your level again. Ofcourse, if you do a dungeon while running there, the quests will be gray again by the time you get there and you have to keep running.

Do you see the problem?
    You ran to a new zone and could start questing there? Did you ever try starting a new character in vanilla and then run to say, the Charred Vale? Or anywhere in Stormtalon? Could you just start questing? Nope.

And you want to talk about vanilla and how you got around? Try being a night elf druid that had to get through Wetlands for one of your forms. Or try getting from Ashenvale to RFK or RFD if you're Alliance. I had to run that the first time I did those dungeons, and there weren't any convenient flight paths dotted all over the Barrens like there are now. You had to go all the way to Ratchet to get a flight path, and then you had to run all the way to Gadgetzan to get the next one. And that was before you got a mount (remember, back then, your first mount was at level 40, not 20).

So go sing your sad song of woe to someone else, because I was there in vanilla, and I ran the length of Azeroth to get where I was going.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Wonder how the OP would've felt questing in WoW back in the day where you had to traverse through many zones and continents for quests... ESPECIALLY for druid's various forms... all on foot.

Fun times
    Or shaman totems or warlock demons. Some of those were in the middle of nowhere. At least druids could teleport to Moonglade for parts of theirs.

Flight paths, like actual flight, should extend to all players on the account if one has learned them or has loremaster. I dont know why they changed it. Must have been the same people complaining about an optional feature they never had to use

Fuck it, why do I bother. I'm just gonna afk in SW and spam dungeons till level 60 like everyone else.

Fuck it, why do I bother. I'm just gonna afk in SW and spam dungeons till level 60 like everyone else.
    Ewwww. The proper way to play is to find a friend with a 2 seater mount and get flown all over the place, or do yourself a bigger favor and get 4-5 of the elixirs and speed run through dungeons and ding ding ding.

A wonderful place to level on Alliance is the Stockades. You don't even have to walk more than 5 feet in the entrace, pop your potion and have your level 100 speed run through the dungeon, rinse repeat and you'll gain 10-11 levels in that 15 min window.

Or you can go all in like me and get yourself a 2nd account and do it all for yourself and never need to rely on anyone!

Deleted
    Out of interest, who is it exactly who has paid off the flight masters not to let me fly into the plaguelands at level 1?

If you're talking immersion then how weird is it that a person whose business is to sell you flights withholds part of the service based their estimation of your experience.

I'd be happy with all flight points available at level 1 but reduced number to just major cities and towns. I seem to recall back in the day you rarely got 2 per zone.

15+ Year Old Account
    And at that point, I've almost outlevelled it already because of the randoms I did while travelling there.
    Ashenvale is a 20-25 zone and Feralas is a 35-40 zone. You either seriously out leveled Ashenvale or did a lot more then just "randoms I did while traveling there". While they do need to make some adjustments to zone flow learning flight paths isn't the answer. Kalimdor is bigger compared to Eastern kingdoms. The only problem for Eastern kingdoms is when you get 35 and are on the Stranglethorn track.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    If you're talking immersion then how weird is it that a person whose business is to sell you flights withholds part of the service based their estimation of your experience.
    Because they best way to do business is to get a reputation for sending people to their deaths because they couldn't handle the dangers of the zone. If you truly cared about immersion then you would have to consider regulatory laws, taxes, competition, etc.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Wonder how the OP would've felt questing in WoW back in the day where you had to traverse through many zones and continents for quests... ESPECIALLY for druid's various forms... all on foot.

Fun times
    It was a different time and let's not forget that the largest majority of players only did it once, maybe twice when vanilla was current.

I've got no issue with brand new players needing to run around and explore things. However, after leveling 14 max level characters, the amount of " immersion " and discovery left is zero.

Back in Cata when every character got the FP'S automatically I would go out and quest some here and there as it didn't slow me down and could be a nice break. Once they removed it again I just went back to leveling in dungeons.

Immersion and exploration are fine arguments when things are new, when you can no longer need quest trackers because you've done it so much, immersion and exploration is a BS excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Ashenvale is a 20-25 zone and Feralas is a 35-40 zone. You either seriously out leveled Ashenvale or did a lot more then just "randoms I did while traveling there". While they do need to make some adjustments to zone flow learning flight paths isn't the answer. Kalimdor is bigger compared to Eastern kingdoms. The only problem for Eastern kingdoms is when you get 35 and are on the Stranglethorn track.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they best way to do business is to get a reputation for sending people to their deaths because they couldn't handle the dangers of the zone. If you truly cared about immersion then you would have to consider regulatory laws, taxes, competition, etc.
    I promise you I did nothing else besides Ashenvale and randoms. Levelling just goes that quick in dungeons. I was 34 when it sent me to Feralas, and before I was halfway there I was 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    at most 1 per zone? so your saying some zones should have none... wtf?
    Yeap... Elwyn forest for example, does not need fp, nor any starting zone. Also some areas, very few, should only have 1 faction fp only and be "hostile" to the other faction.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and why is that bad? You were levelling and in this case levelling by doing random quests that you acquired on your travels. Sounds very explorational and MMO-ish to me
    Because "Wahh I want things handed to me on a silver platter WAAH WAAH WAAH" is the mentality of a lot of the wow community these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly I like having to run to the new zones. Then again I'm weird like that.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

You know you are playing MMORPG right? Not Skyrim.

People like you making these laughable requests made the game worse. You don't like it? Go play Farmville or other lobby game where you get everything automatically without any effort. Where you just click and click and click.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, you had to see the actual world of the MMO you're playing? Oh noes!

Even as someone that loves being able to fly, I will still always enjoy questing and exploring the world as I level. Maybe there is a compromise somewhere...

Complaining about having to set foot on a path to get somewhere in an MMORPG is hilarious to me though.

- - - Updated - - -

Because WoW has always been a game for casuals? Who knows...
    It's not about 'casuals' it's because of a loud whiney and toxic minority wanting stuff easily, blizzard probably feels bad for them because anyone with half a brain on how to preserve WoW probably pounced on them a lot. There is also the issue of very bad implementation on some handy solo gaming tools.
    The clicking of flight paths should be kept but at this point, it does not matter, you have no reason to go back to the capital if you are questing unless you want the quest board, and no reason to leave capital if leveling by dungeons.
    Last edited by mmoc3c17603f03; 2016-05-30 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sooo..you want some in-game system that lets you flip a switch or the game finding out if you are new or have 14 alts? What does the game do when you are on your third alt? On your 7th?

I mean, we also have threads how levelling is too fast and how some hack found how to level in ...dunno..5 hours to 100?

Sure why not, they have account switches for lots of things.

Leveling is too fast, but frankly at this point in the games life discovering a FP or not isn't really going to slow me down. Besides, once I get flying I'm not going to be using those FP'S anyways on any of my characters.

At that point it's just an annoyance and brings zilch to the game.

Keep in mind I'm a guy that went back played on Nost and I want legacy servers, spending large amounts of time for basically nothing doesn't really bother me. However considering how easy and how many QoL changes have been made to remove annoying and pointless things, why keep and annoying and pointless thing like this for players with tons of alts?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Frankly I like having to run to the new zones. Then again I'm weird like that.
    I do too. What I don't like is having outlevelled the zone I was running to by the time I get there, and then having to start running again. Only for the same thing to repeat.

So many idiots in this thread "Omg u want everything on a silver platter? Good thing u didn't play in vanilla boi back in my days things were tough".

Well guess what I did play in vanilla. In fact I probably played this game longer than most of you. And it was never like this.

Either make levelling slow again, I don't give a shit, or give me flightpaths so I can get to zones before outlevelling them.

I do too. What I don't like is having outlevelled the zone I was running to by the time I get there, and then having to start running again. Only for the same thing to repeat.

So many idiots in this thread "Omg u want everything on a silver platter? Good thing u didn't play in vanilla boi back in my days things were tough".

Well guess what I did play in vanilla. In fact I probably played this game longer than most of you. And it was never like this.

Either make levelling slow again, I don't give a shit, or give me flightpaths so I can get to zones before outlevelling them.
    Or stop being lazy? So much effort to go upto 1 guy and left click.. Also it is you want it on a silver platter. All you do is make whine threads about the game and yet it perplexes me why you still play if all you do is whine?