Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't worry, we'll all be able to afk our way to 4 piece bonuses soon enough, since there isn't any system in place to prevent or even stop the abuse. Just tag boss, alt tab till he dies and collect loot.

Have your cake and eat it too!
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    are the lfr tier going to match the real tier once again or are they going to be totally different bonuses?
    Same tier, lower ilevels.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Yeah, but Preach is wrong. The reason to do normal (or heroic or mythic) is because you enjoy the greater challenges those modes provide. Why are you even playing the game and raiding, if that isn't the case? Why would you want gear in a game you don't enjoy playing? I raid mythic because that's the level of raiding that's fun for me--the only reason I need or want gear is to enable me to continue raiding. If I didn't need the power that gear gives, I wouldn't care about it at all. I'd be extremely dubious about the value of a raider who's attitude was, "Hey, the only reason I'm here is for mythic gear. I don't really like mythic raiding, but I can't get the gear anywhere else."
    This may be true for someone who already knows what n/h/m raiding entails but from the outside looking in the idea of raiding may be daunting and not be worth it, so if you have incentive to raid n/h/m and try it some my find that they didnt realize what they were missing, i was that way up until wrath i didnt really see the appeal of raiding in general until i got in there and loved it, didnt start heroics until cata and it was the same story, some people just need that push to try something new

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Where did I say it was every under performer. All I said was a good amount is people who don't want to be there or belong there is the ones who afk.
    Can you prove different.....no didn't think so.
    See that's the thing with opinions - I said you can keep your fairy believes of the poor disenfranchised lfr plebs being the one struggling hard to carry the raids while the evil elitist raiders are afk that's fine same way I can simply disagree and given the sheer amount of terribads and underperformers per raid I'd say numbers are on my side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Just tag boss, alt tab till he dies and collect loot.
    Well that's about as much gameplay those players are capable of.

Another downside of tier gear in lfr is that it guts the concept of progression challenge mode as a means to gearing for a majority of the player base, due needing massive differences in ilvl to counter act tier set bonuses.

Still surprised about this hostility.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Another downside of tier gear in lfr is that it guts the concept of progression challenge mode as a means to gearing for a majority of the player base, due needing massive differences in ilvl to counter act tier set bonuses.
    Oh well, maybe this will finally show that imbalanced set bonuses and trinkets (while cool for those who can get them) cause huge design concerns when dealing with those who can't get them, when LfR-players were on the "Can't get"-side nobody cared, maybe now they will...

Tier and trinkets should only have one version that is shared across all difficulties. If you want the OP bonus or effect, you sacrifice item level.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Oh well, maybe this will finally show that imbalanced set bonuses and trinkets (while cool for those who can get them) cause huge design concerns when dealing with those who can't get them, when LfR-players were on the "Can't get"-side nobody cared, maybe now they will...
    it wasn't that "nobody cared" the argument was reward/effort paradigm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    it wasn't that "nobody cared" the argument was reward/effort paradigm
    I am highly against this tier and I doubt the raid will be harder/challengin, it's already known that pugs and challenging content don't mix well, this has existed pretty much through out all of WoW even vanilla.

I'm now pretty sure legions subs are now going to spike almost as bad as WoD, not that we will see it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Because Carl will then show up on the doorstep of my raid team expecting to be handed a spot. Carl will be completely unprepared and a waste of our time as we are working on progressing against whatever bosses we are working on. Carl will be sat or worse. Carl will complain. Carl will be told shut up Carl.
    Serious question - if Carl is so bad how come you guys didn't notice during the application process?

also LOL at the idea anyone shows up at your metaphorical doorstep demanding a raidspot because they beat good ol' lfr.

NeverHappened.txt

Well I've had my fair share of lfr head bashing over the years. I think this isn't bad for anyone. If you don't wanna do lfr then don't just use the group finder . The more casual players need something else to do and hopefully between lfr tier for mog and the new dungeon system everyone's happy .

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And even better, yes tell the player you should never have invited to shut up and sit him forever instead of having the basic social skills to tell him he is not a good fit and kicking him like proper adults.
    I sort of feel like 'proper adults' would try to teach him why he's bad, because I mean, someone was nice enough to teach me 11 years ago, but kicking him would probably be a mercy.

Deleted
    And even better, yes tell the player you should never have invited to shut up and sit him forever instead of having the basic social skills to tell him he is not a good fit and kicking him like proper adults.
    Well that would mean certain people need to understand that it is not the "bads" that are the problem, it's them being the problem of lacking skills everywhere else but WoW-raiding ;-)

Finally i was beginning to worry that Legion didn't have any stupid decisions this makes it more normal.

LFR face rollers don't deserve tier.

This is just getting silly at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I think in many cases people like the one you quoted actually have it quite backwards.

MoP LFR encouraged me to try out Flex because I both learned the appropriate mechanics due to the better difficulty and had the gear from LFR to not be dead weight when I decided to step up to Flex on occasion. I felt confident in my knowledge and abilities thanks to the better gear and fights.

Conversely, in WoD I haven't made a single attempt to try out Normal nor will I because I already know that my dps will be subpar thanks to the shitty gear available to me and I have no confidence that I've actually learned the relevant mechanics in WoD LFR.
    This so much. The disparity between LFR and Normal(old flex) gear, and mechanics, was far too huge for WoD. It was like playing Sunday morning football and then being sent to the Premiere League. Like what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    Just like they "forced" you to do lfr in WoD for the legendary?
    The Legendary, while content was being progressed, was more efficient to PuG for the pieces for.
    Tier Sets is another matter entirely. Certain tiers since Cata times have increased damage with around 20-25% for some classes. Aka: you only got 3-set from Normal/HC? Run LFR for that last piece, cuz forcing people to run a (now not even Proving Grounds-locked) LFR is SUCH a good idea...

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedetasticGames View Post
    The Legendary, while content was being progressed, was more efficient to PuG for the pieces for.
    Tier Sets is another matter entirely. Certain tiers since Cata times have increased damage with around 20-25% for some classes. Aka: you only got 3-set from Normal/HC? Run LFR for that last piece, cuz forcing people to run a (now not even Proving Grounds-locked) LFR is SUCH a good idea...
    LFR was never locked by Proving grounds.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Look if someone is applying at a raid guild (and not a casual one) then no, that expectation should not exist. He should not need to be taught to play his class; just the specifics of the encounter (and later in a tier not even that; more likely just the way your guild does the encounter). But I have seen so many guilds treat recruits horribly that it just really grinds my gears.
    I think my brain gets caught on 'why did you bring in a recruit that your officers should know just from looking at the armory is probably bad and expect him to spontaneously be good with no outside help'

THIS HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION MAKES NO SENSE, NYM ;_;
    Last edited by emilylorange; 2016-05-30 at 08:48 PM.