Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Again sounds like you are the problem and not the dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a German Shepherd and Dalmatian and they are the most well behaved, well trained dogs ever. High energy yes but very playful and very lovely.
    Yeah, my great dane is monstrously huge, and the only thing you'd have to worry about is the slobber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to man up. Dogs are pack animals. If they sense your fear you are considered weak.

Quit being afraid of them and walk past them like they aren't there.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Stay further away from them. it is not YOUR lane.. It's everyone's lane..
    Those people too have the same right. Plus they likely pay extra tax for their animal.
    Are you paying an extra tax for running around ? lol
    Wait, tax for pets? That sounds horrible. We don't have anything like that here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Time to man up. Dogs are pack animals. If they sense your fear you are considered weak.

Not every dog is a pack animal. Yorkshires definitely aren't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Phobia of monsters, yes. Phobia of this
    Nope.
    They are not monsters, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    They are not monsters, though.
    Some are .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    True that. But they all have the same basic instincts. Some revert back to it more than others.

I was referring more to the larger dogs that the OP is encountering.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    "Man up" and "just stop being afraid" aren't really helpful suggestions. Just like people with arachnophobia can't just stop being scared of spiders, despite them not being a danger whatsoever in most countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally smile at them and let them sniff my hand while they wag Eiras tails gleefully. If they seem to like me enough, which they usually do, I'll give them a little scratch behind the ears too.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I've found carrying a toddler around on your shoulders scares the bejeezus out of dogs. Just grab one next time you go out and dogs will lay on the ground and let you pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    "Man up" and "just stop being afraid" aren't really helpful suggestions. Just like people with arachnophobia can't just stop being scared of spiders, despite them not being a danger whatsoever in most countries.
    Spiders also don't respond to emotions like dogs do.

Dogs can sense your fear and respond to it. So it's only logical to think that if you don't show that fear then they won't react as negatively towards you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Sounds like you are the problem, not the dogs.
    Yup, this was the gist of the last thread made. In that one he said he wanted to attack the dog or its owner for walking on the same side of the street as him.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Take a shit on their head.

Or just stop being a pussy, pussy. It's a fucking dog.

Turns out outside your mancave of a bedroom there are in fact living creatures called Dogs, 95% of them are friendly furry creatures that at most want you to stroke their head and get a belly rub.

Another 5% are ferocious bastards either on a leash, in the wild or roaming in some ghetto. And what you do when you encounter these, is you just walk past them.

Incredible.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-05-30 at 07:36 PM.

If shady is being nervous by having to pass a huge dog looking straight at you...
    Time to re up on your meds and get better with social interactions.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I've found carrying a toddler around on your shoulders scares the bejeezus out of dogs. Just grab one next time you go out and dogs will lay on the ground and let you pass.
    The reason why they lay on the ground is because they think it's food for them.

Deleted
    Spiders also don't respond to emotions like dogs do.
    Dogs can sense your fear and respond to it. So it's only logical to think that if you don't show that fear then they won't react as negatively towards you.
    Phobias are not necessarily rational, though. If you have one, you can't just stop being afraid - even if logic says it would help with the situation.

If shady is being nervous by having to pass a huge dog looking straight at you...
    So I actually work as a dog walker, and a couple of the big dogs I walk actually show this behavior. Part of it is on the owner, they NEED to be paying attention. Dogs need it. Being nervous around the dog staring at you however will make them more nervous. The dogs that I have that do this really only want to say hi and be loved on, but I'm also keeping an eye on their behavior and the stranger's behavior.

You need to be calm, and confident. Walk by them, go around a bit more if you need to (especially if the owners aren't paying attention) and carry on with your business. Showing you are nervous makes them think you are up to no good which is a likely reason they are growling at you.

In my experience, I've found big dogs to be way better than small dogs, though that's hust my experience. Hope this information helps you out.

You dont fool anyone OP, the dogs can smell your drugs, so give them up or im calling the cops

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not true, Yorkies were bred to hunt in packs.

You might be the problem, OP. Your manner is putting the dogs on edge consistently.

Take another path or ignore them as best you can- there is no other solution so long as your are not provoking the dogs and they are not attempting to attack you.