Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Considering the fact that the xpac drops right as grad school starts up, probably casually read up on the xpac til I get around to playing it in December.

Get snacks and all weekly things done . Enjoy the convience of vacation lining up the week they planned to release. With the pre launch dhs all in game stuff should be done I had planned by launch

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Gotta start running cata raids every week, it's like ~10k gold per character per week.
    They are getting nerfed soon though... that part is retarded when blizzard comes up with an excuse of their bullshit. Just wait for it then rant?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    They are getting nerfed soon though... that part is retarded when blizzard comes up with an excuse of their bullshit. Just wait for it then rant?
    Two expansions have passed and Cataclysm raid gold hasn't been nerfed yet. Could possibly happen a third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravat View Post
    Not gonna argue with you about it, though. I simply disagree with your opinion and didn't want people reading this thread to think your perspective after experiencing beta is shared by all beta testers.
    So you're just confirming what I said. After 2 weeks there's literally nothing to do in Legion. It's actually worse than WoD though, because there's a massive grind that didn't exist in WoD, and you still sit around waiting for garrison missions and for dailies to pop up as world quests to get rep and mats (just garrison missions but things you fly to an area, spend about 10 seconds, then get the stuff, then port back to Dalaran).

It's the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    To be fair I doubt he's even played beta, he just watched a couple of doomsaying click bait videos on Youtube and thinks he knows everything :P
    I've actually done everything, and it takes less than 2 weeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    thanks a lot

I'm getting my main PVE toon his artifact, and then my 3-4 main PVP toons their artifacts and then pounding BGs like usual. If the progress is slow, or there proves to be OP PVP things, i'll shift to that a little bit. I'll get my main PVP toon to 100 first and see what's the what.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Getting my main up and working on that artifact will be my number one prio.

i have a very simple list - to get as manny of my soon to be 24 * (*including DH) alts on my 2 main servers to 110 as i will be able to before geting too bored with leveling , pushing proffesions and making as much gold as i will be able to on week 1-2 then i will have 2 years till 8.0 to farm artifact power so no need to rush especially that lfr as always will be 2 months delayed so plenty of time

Quote Originally Posted by Stagga24 View Post
    So every time a new expac comes out there is always things some people know to do right away that others don't. For instance; getting the treasures to get more garrison resources, trying to get the extra followers quickly, and my favorite, whoever got x amount of boss kills whether they got loot or not went to the internal counter that went torwards getting the raiding Cache's. So my question is what is that Niche info that people should know to maximize out first? Is crafted gear going to be really powerful with the obliterum etc?

get gathering professions like mining (Comes with Smelt), and skinning/herbing.

the bars sell for a lot, and so does leather, herbs go for heaps due to milling/flasks/pots/scribes.

smelt all the ore you get into demonsteel bars while lvling. once max sell all the ore you get people will buy it.

Go into the expansion with 300k+ Gold, so on day 1 you can visit the ring merchant and buy the 865 ring from the dalaran vendor that you can use from lvl 101+, it will not be replaced till rading heroic raids. or mythic + Dungeons.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Hit level cap.

Do daily 4 world quest bonus chest

If tank spam heroic dungeons for lol gear procs mythic raid and dungeons give artifact power at the highest rate.

If not tank befriend tank.

So you're just confirming what I said. After 2 weeks there's literally nothing to do in Legion. It's actually worse than WoD though, because there's a massive grind that didn't exist in WoD, and you still sit around waiting for garrison missions and for dailies to pop up as world quests to get rep and mats (just garrison missions but things you fly to an area, spend about 10 seconds, then get the stuff, then port back to Dalaran).

It's the exact same thing.

I've actually done everything, and it takes less than 2 weeks.
    In two back to back sentences you say that there is not enough content and too much content. Now I am going to assume that what you mean that you dislike doing repteative things or don't count doing the same thing twice for loot, mats, etc that you missed the first time as content. If that is the case, you are kind of out of luck when it comes to MMOs. That is basically the whole premise. The are "grindy" by nature to use that word loosely. It sounds like you are complaining about sushi having too much raw fish in it.

To address your second comment that WoD was not grindy, I think you are forgetting that at launch they only had about 10 daily quests and a garrison campaign that was gated weekly. It was honestly the least amount of world content for an expansion launch and was not very engaging at all. The grind was for basic gear too. The grind in Legion is for fantastic cosmetic and numeric rewards.

And lastly your final comment that you have done everything in "two weeks", I know you haven't. I know because they have not implemented raid content at all (just individually tested). Of course that is very literal interpretation of what is obviously an exaggeration. That is the problem with your whole statement though. It is an exagerration. You probably played 30 to 50 hours in two weeks to get where you are. That is pretty standard for a basic game these days. You just didn't want to repeat content that was designed to be repeated. That is fine. Just don't play every character in Street Fighter once and call it a 5 hour game. It lacks perspective.

And to answer the OPs question, Order Hall quests seem to be the only thing time gated currently. I would start on those for an easy way to get early order resources, order hall armor, a weapon transmog, and an extra relic slot for your artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Kill deathwing again because that mofo still doesnt want to drop the blazing drake
    I had a former guide help me with a achievement in DS so I could get the meta mount.

I had the drake drop and felt bad they didn't get a mount when I won it so I passed it to them. I am no longer in that guide and wish I didn't do that LOL. It dropped on 10man normal when we ran it and I normally do 25man heroic.

I swear the bigger loot table makes it harder to get it.

Ontopic.

1) level my paladin to 110.
    2) Get the best gear I can at that time.
    3) Go beat the shit out of some MOP raids and see how far I can progress.
    4) Farm cata 25man heroics.
    5) profit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Zabalabdingdong View Post
    In two back to back sentences you say that there is not enough content and too much content.
    Yeah, doing HFC for 14 months was just 14 months if exciting content.

Running 10 dungeons thousands of times to finish an artifact sounds like exciting content.

To address your second comment that WoD was not grindy, I think you are forgetting that at launch they only had about 10 daily quests and a garrison campaign that was gated weekly.
    There was no grind. At most you had to do something small each week. That's not the case with Legion.

And lastly your final comment that you have done everything in "two weeks", I know you haven't.
    Except I have. The raid content will yet again be a trivial thing to complete and the only thing the game has to offer otherwise is repeating quests you already did while leveling as "world quest" dailies and grinding dungeons for AP and legendary drops. What this means is that you're behind if you're not playing, something that was not a thing in WoD.

So while this expansion has less content than WoD had, there are uber grind mechanics in place. The amount of effort it will take to be raid ready in Legion is far in excess of what it took to get a few alts ready to do split runs. Blizzard's pretty out of touch, and when most people experience this I'm sure the sub dropoff will be larger than it was in WoD. Casual play depletes everything in 2 weeks and what's left is clearly just an unfulfilling grind to unlock nodes in a weapon -- Blizzard's moving even further into the Facebook game direction. It's a bold move, let's see if they can manage to hit 1 million subs this expansion!
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-05-31 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone who has played the beta answer this for me?

I've got Inscrip/JC on my main. I'm considering dropping one and picking up the appropriate gathering prof. Is that recommended? I generally farm mats on a second character but I don't know how viable that will be now with all of the changes to professions.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Can someone who has played the beta answer this for me?

I've got Inscrip/JC on my main. I'm considering dropping one and picking up the appropriate gathering prof. Is that recommended? I generally farm mats on a second character but I don't know how viable that will be now with all of the changes to professions.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    You get recipes for crafting and upgrades to gathering mostly from quests in Dalaran. If you were the type to max out your professions at max level with a big stack of mats, you can still do that. You will just have to do some quests in between. Legion in general encourages you to wander around. It is probably good to pick up a gathering profession (or even 2) on your toon that will be doing world content.

You will still have all the problems (or advantages) of not having a gathering profession on your main at launch. The only difference is that your main will absolutely be outside of a town/instance more than in WoD.

Buy leather so I can progress my 2nd lw really quick, save garrison mission crates for the legion wardrobe stuff then make an enchanters hut in every garrison so I can sell the enchanting stuff after wearing the gear once. Sell garrison resources for extra gold. Get a rep and exp banner for questing quicker. Save apexis crystal so I can get baleful gear on my toons before legion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can grind an artifact on mobs if you want. There is a chance each mob will drop items of value (5,10,20,50,100) artifact power randomly. So, if your really patient you could grind a complete artifact on one set of mobs. So, grinding pigs to 1,276,585 artifact points is possible. Just slow.

I play on Tichondrius so I'll probably wake up early and join the queue to login and then go back to bed. Once I get into the actual game, I won't logout until I reach at least 105. After I get to 110, I'm going to try MOP raids to see if I can solo them.
    Last edited by Gersemi; 2016-05-31 at 10:12 PM.

Yeah, doing HFC for 14 months was just 14 months if exciting content.

Running 10 dungeons thousands of times to finish an artifact sounds like exciting content.
    Based on what you replied to, I just have to assume you didn't understand what I was referring to. I will be more direct. You said that you did everything there was to do in Legion in 2 weeks. Then you said there was a massive grind. So either you didn't do everything or the grind isn't that massive. You also just said that late era WoD was not exciting. I don't think many will disagree with you on how entertaining a patch drought is. However based on the language you used to describe HFC vs grinding Dungeons for your artifact, I can safely say that your main gripe is having to repeat content. I wouldn't exactly compare 14 months of HFC that offers very little reward outside of the occasional warforged drop to the possible 2-3 month journey to filling out your artifact. Something that you can actually do without having to repeat just one activity over and over again. I know you think you can only do this by doing dungeons because of some barely applicable napkin math based on an untuned beta, but there are other options.

There was no grind. At most you had to do something small each week. That's not the case with Legion.
    Getting reputation and gear outside of raiding was a slog fest in early WoD. Tanaan Jungle didn't make it any more engaging. My only thought right now on this comment is that you must think because you can do something that you must do something when presented the option in game. WoD lacked options to a supreme degree.

Except I have. The raid content will yet again be a trivial thing to complete and the only thing the game has to offer otherwise is repeating quests you already did while leveling as "world quest" dailies and grinding dungeons for AP and legendary drops. What this means is that you're behind if you're not playing, something that was not a thing in WoD.
    So raid content is trivial, but it really matters if you are behind on artifact points? These can't both be true. I won't disagree with content being trivial. I am sure they will tune the first raid tier around having a similar amount of artifact traits you have at level 110. They have accounted for this in the past. Also, you were totally behind in WoD if you didn't do the Legendary Ring quest immediately! Switching toons late expansion made it pretty horrible too because it was almost entirely gated by the weekly lockout of an instance until deep into HFC.

So while this expansion has less content than WoD had, there are uber grind mechanics in place. The amount of effort it will take to be raid ready in Legion is far in excess of what it took to get a few alts ready to do split runs. Blizzard's pretty out of touch, and when most people experience this I'm sure the sub dropoff will be larger than it was in WoD. Casual play depletes everything in 2 weeks and what's left is clearly just an unfulfilling grind to unlock nodes in a weapon -- Blizzard's moving even further into the Facebook game direction. It's a bold move, let's see if they can manage to hit 1 million subs this expansion!
    First off this expansion has 2 more dungeons, 9 more world bosses, infinitely more daily quests, and a significantly longer solo quest line at max level compared to WoD. That is just a fact. It has more content. The amount of effort to be raid ready looks just the same as WoD. If they tune Emerald Nightmare around everyone having a max level artifact, I will be incredibly surprised. I am sure there will be more opportunities to catch up on AP as the expansion goes on as well.

Thanks for the drive-by gloom and doom. It didn't turn out to be very helpful for a topic about what to do once Legion hits though. There are plenty of other topics in this forum where you can use your very confusing hatred to dogpile onto someone else's art that didn't bend over backwards to appease specifically you. I am sure you can find those easily.