Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Phobias are not necessarily rational, though. If you have one, you can't just stop being afraid - even if logic says it would help with the situation.
    Sure. I fully understand that. But making an attempt at overcoming that fear has to be better then living with it. But I don't know; I've never been in those shoes.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    "huge" being keyword. Aka, you make the wrong fucking step and they can rip your throat out. Now the friendliness aside, if it were a little dog that was pissed for some reason, what'd he/she do? They'd nibble your legs at worst. Which is why I don't fear those dogs.
    Spend some time chatting with a few vet techs.

Small dogs are infinitely worse than large dogs, they can rip out tendons, skin, lots of tissue damage and ruin your hands.

That said I understand your nervousness, a large dog can totally destroy a human being if the dog wants to, but frankly the biggest problem isn't the dogs it's you. You're carrying your own problems and should look into therapy for this phobia if it's impacting your life so hugely.

Now the little puppers like chihuahuas and pomeranians will never bug you, they just wanna play or they're being held and not walked.
    I stopped reading after that line. You just listed two of the highest bit incident breeds on the planet out of pure ignorance to the fact it's just not publicized as much since they aren't usually bad enough for a doctor visit. The size of a dog doesn't have a flipping thing to do with their personality. My poodle is more likely to bite you than my shepherds who would likely just lick you to death. Seriously dude, you need to have your head examined.

Deleted
    dogs will only be nasty if there owners are nasty to them, my brother has a labrador and hes big and his bark is loud but hes sweet as a marshmellow and he just sits next to me and i pat him cos he cute

I can't help but to notice that you hate and\or have issues with a lot of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    They smell your fear. Fear stinks and makes dogs angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Sounds like what you need to do is grow a pair and realise that most dogs wouldn't dare attack a human.
    Tell that to me and my sister in law. We've both been attacked by "Good domesticated dogs". For thinking we were playing. I was attacked while running no where near the dog. She attacked by a pitbull that got off its chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Sounds like you are the problem, not the dogs.
    This x 1000.

OP, you're pansy garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Tell that to me and my sister in law. We've both been attacked by "Good domesticated dogs". For thinking we were playing. I was attacked while running no where near the dog. She attacked by a pitbull that got off its chain.
    Stop running near black people and mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    And you obviously know a lot about my life, though I'm unsure how.

There are a lot of dumb people in the world, but a smart dog's intelligence is still not even comparable to a human's.
    I could not care a bit about your life, I can however comment about your statement, and make the conclusion that you have not met many dogs. Actually a smart dogs intelligence can be compared to human, just on a different level.

So I might've posted many months ago before about an unpleasant owner and his two big ass dogs, but now I've had enough of this shit. To make this short: Where I jog or go walk for breakfast, it's dog central. Everyone pretty much has a dog. Now the little puppers like chihuahuas and pomeranians will never bug you, they just wanna play or they're being held and not walked. Never had any issue ever. However, every fuckin time with big dogs it boils down to them suddenly staring my way, frozen in place while their owner is too busy fuckin jerking off. If you walk by them even slightly hesitantly, they WILL growl at you or bark at worst. I've never been attacked yet but a lot of the time the owner is like "no, bad dog!" or "sorry, he's just nervous."

Like fuck off I'm so tired of this shit of being scared to walk down my own goddamn lane. A lot of these "dogs" don't even look like dogs they look like goddamn wolves if they're not pitbulls because god knows why they're allowed to roam free. And I'm paranoid these big dogs are just out to get ME because I see them interact with the little doggies and they never get violent. I saw said pitbull looking at me suspiciously have fun with a passing by Yorkie for example...which is how I snuck by when he was distracted.
    Just be sure to look for raised hair. There's nothing really to fear from barking or growling in and of itself, but raised back hair is a major warning. Otherwise you can ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Phobias are not necessarily rational, though. If you have one, you can't just stop being afraid - even if logic says it would help with the situation.
    The best way to interact with them is let the dogs know you are there and that you see him. My friends have great pyraneese herd guard dogs. If you just went into their pens with out saying anything as a stranger you probably would get pinned to the fence until a human they know gave the OK. These dogs are about man sized one hundred and thirty pounds or so. Still when I went to visit it only took a couple mins until the big dogs were licking and laying next to me. Just respect their power and go slow and introduce yourself and limit sudden moves. Once they accept you are not their to hurt them or their pack the generally will be friendly. One thing is always watch the dog if it is new to you dogs give a lot of clues in posture and stance to let you know their state of mind on if you can approach or if you should maintain distance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alpha female. Still rip the clothes off and dominate them.

7+ Year Old Account
    My friend owns 3 German Sheppards that were former guard dogs, one of which was rehabilitated after being in an abusive home if you aren't apart of their family they can be very vicious and aggressive.

For some reason they all love me. But I'm a dog person they are the best. Especially the big ones, the drool is gross but I just head butt them and roll around a bit and then we go on playing.

I think if you act scared they might treat you poorly but if you are genuinely happy to be around dogs they'll like you. Most of the time they are just curious.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    So I might've posted many months ago before about an unpleasant owner and his two big ass dogs, but now I've had enough of this shit. To make this short: Where I jog or go walk for breakfast, it's dog central. Everyone pretty much has a dog. Now the little puppers like chihuahuas and pomeranians will never bug you, they just wanna play or they're being held and not walked. Never had any issue ever. However, every fuckin time with big dogs it boils down to them suddenly staring my way, frozen in place while their owner is too busy fuckin jerking off. If you walk by them even slightly hesitantly, they WILL growl at you or bark at worst. I've never been attacked yet but a lot of the time the owner is like "no, bad dog!" or "sorry, he's just nervous."

Like fuck off I'm so tired of this shit of being scared to walk down my own goddamn lane. A lot of these "dogs" don't even look like dogs they look like goddamn wolves if they're not pitbulls because god knows why they're allowed to roam free. And I'm paranoid these big dogs are just out to get ME because I see them interact with the little doggies and they never get violent. I saw said pitbull looking at me suspiciously have fun with a passing by Yorkie for example...which is how I snuck by when he was distracted.
    From experience, keep a very cheap spice bottle and mix 30/70 black pepper and cayenne pepper. If your running from a K-9 police unit or trying to avoid bullshit on your morning jog this potent mixture is like a black blood witcher tonic. If you see dogs following you simply shake a bit behind you, if they get close, shake it at them. Even a K-9 trained police dog, rabid pit bull, doesn't want none and won't start none. Just becareful where you drop it, other animals are likely to pick it up, while it won't effect birds it will effect mammals, rodents, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by adolfolorafolofolo View Post
    This x 1000.

OP, you're pansy garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop running near black people and mexicans.
    I don't see how that has anything to do with anything at all. When I was attacked it was by our own dog. We lived in the country so our dogs weren't kept on the leash at all. And we never had an incident with the dog. Didn't stop her from rushing me from 1/8th a mile and tearing into my shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Some dogs should just be put down imo. :|
    That hack got what he deserved. He ignored every warning sign and pushed the dog into biting him. That's what happens when you let an illegal have his own TV show.

You don't dominate dogs and dogs are NOT pack animals. Wolves are and dogs are not wolves.

OP: Stop being a pansy. Dogs can't talk. They use body language and sounds to speak to you. A stare and growl says I don't know you, please back off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Be calm and confidant. We have a lot of dogs around where I live and I have been charged a couple times, mainly because I turned a corner and startled them. Each time I just stood my ground and didn't show fear. The dogs stopped. They just started sniffing me. Of course the owner brought them under control asap.

It helps that I grew up around large dogs. Doberman, Rottweiler, Golden Retrievers, labs, ect. I know how to act around them and what triggers them.

I have yet to meet a dog I can't get to grow to like me. Even ones who start off growling and bearing teeth at me. I once worked a farm job part time for some side money. There was a huge-ass dog on the farm that only got along with one guy, his owner. He was mean and aggressive to anyone else who tried to get near him. By the time I was done with that job the dog was constantly coming up to me wanting me to pet him.

With the standard fair of animal like you are seeing, the key is confidence. When you see them just run by them like they are not even there. You don't pay them mind they won't pay you mind.

If you really do have a phobia then perhaps it would be best for you to run elsewhere. You can't expect everyone in the world to change their routine for you.

Well dogs are just domesticated wolves...

You seem to be taking something out on large dogs, dogs don't give a shit about you (unless they belong to you) and you're probably just a passing stimuli.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Wait, tax for pets? That sounds horrible. We don't have anything like that here.
    In the US it's name and cost varies by communities/states.... registration/permit etc etc.
    in Germany it's called what it is, a tax.
    It's not super high.
    Here, found for your state. Seems like at least one city charges some fee.
    https://www.cabq.gov/pets/programs-s...enses-and-fees

Omaha, NE here charges $51.00 a year.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triskell View Post
    I could not care a bit about your life, I can however comment about your statement, and make the conclusion that you have not met many dogs. Actually a smart dogs intelligence can be compared to human, just on a different level.
    As someone who doesn't give a shit about me, and who makes blatantly objectively false statements in ignorance: Ignored.