Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Deadpool was quite good, it's one of the only movies I cared about enough to see this year so far in fact...but I still thought Civil War blew it out of the water ten times over.
    For me, Civil War had quite a few nagging story-flaws and wonky structure, and I'm not even sure if I have it in my top 5 MCU movies. I doubt it will be on my top 10 list at the end of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update 08/05/16: Added Dirty Grandpa. It wasn't that great honestly. I expected better from De Niro.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    For me, Civil War had quite a few nagging story-flaws and wonky structure, and I'm not even sure if I have it in my top 5 MCU movies. I doubt it will be on my top 10 list at the end of the year.
    Only MCU movie that even maybe tops it for me is Winter Soldier. Certainly can't think of 4 other better ones. As for the year end...looking at the list of upcoming releases, I'm about 99% certain that there's no chance in hell that it won't remain at my number 1 spot. I am fairly excited about Jason Bourne and Jack Reacher:Never Go Back, but I doubt either will top Cap. X-Men looks...kinda bad, tbh, same for Suicide Squad(plus it has Will Smith which is an automatic red flag). Purge 3, Godzilla, Independence Day 2, Magnificent 7, and Underworld 5 are all movies I expect to enjoy, but I certainly don't look at them as serious competition. Dr. Strange might or might not be, but the initial trailer didn't get me all that hyped. Of course, Marvel has surprised me before so I won't say they can't do it again.

Only MCU movie that even maybe tops it for me is Winter Soldier. Certainly can't think of 4 other better ones. As for the year end...looking at the list of upcoming releases, I'm about 99% certain that there's no chance in hell that it won't remain at my number 1 spot. I am fairly excited about Jason Bourne and Jack Reacher:Never Go Back, but I doubt either will top Cap. X-Men looks...kinda bad, tbh, same for Suicide Squad(plus it has Will Smith which is an automatic red flag). Purge 3, Godzilla, Independence Day 2, Magnificent 7, and Underworld 5 are all movies I expect to enjoy, but I certainly don't look at them as serious competition. Dr. Strange might or might not be, but the initial trailer didn't get me all that hyped. Of course, Marvel has surprised me before so I won't say they can't do it again.
    Seeing as how I think Days of Future Past is the best Marvel-property-based movie so far, I'm pretty excited about Apocalypse. I understand why a lot of people like Civil War a lot, but there are some things in it I don't quite buy, and I didn't get all that emotional about it. I also thought the first half of the movie, while it had some good bits in it, was pretty slow. Guardians of the Galaxy is easily my favorite MCU movie, followed by Winter Soldier. I have Avengers, Iron Man and Iron Man 3 on the 3-5 spots, and I'm torn on whether I think Civil War is better than any of those. It is not as coherent in its storytelling.

Added The Witch and The Jungle Book to the top list.

Seeing as how I think Days of Future Past is the best Marvel-property-based movie so far, I'm pretty excited about Apocalypse. I understand why a lot of people like Civil War a lot, but there are some things in it I don't quite buy, and I didn't get all that emotional about it. I also thought the first half of the movie, while it had some good bits in it, was pretty slow. Guardians of the Galaxy is easily my favorite MCU movie, followed by Winter Soldier. I have Avengers, Iron Man and Iron Man 3 on the 3-5 spots, and I'm torn on whether I think Civil War is better than any of those. It is not as coherent in its storytelling.
    I thought Days of Future Past was good, but far behind both Avengers, Winter Soldier, Iron Man, X2, and only barely better than the original X-Men or Thor 2, personally. And Iron Man 3 was...kinda bad, really, no way does it even come remotely close to Civil War for me(or either Avengers, or Iron Man 1, or Winter Soldier, or GotG...), better than Iron Man 2, but still definitely one of the weakest Marvel movies.

I thought Days of Future Past was good, but far behind both Avengers, Winter Soldier, Iron Man, X2, and only barely better than the original X-Men or Thor 2, personally. And Iron Man 3 was...kinda bad, really, no way does it even come remotely close to Civil War for me(or either Avengers, or Iron Man 1, or Winter Soldier, or GotG...), better than Iron Man 2, but still definitely one of the weakest Marvel movies.
    A number of people think so, but I really enjoy the Shane Black / 80's action vibe of Iron Man 3. And I really liked the idea of it being about Tony Stark outside of the Iron Man suit.

A number of people think so, but I really enjoy the Shane Black / 80's action vibe of Iron Man 3.
    Erm, wha? I'm a HUGE fan of 80's action, I got a shitload of DVDs from that era, I got Arnie, I got Stallone, I got JCVD, I got Chuck Norris, I got Kurt Russell, I went to Hong Kong and got Jackie Chan and Chow Yun Fat, I even got lower tier action guys like Rutger Hauer, Powers Boothe, and Rowdy Roddy Piper! I know who Al Leong is, and that's a dude that any 80's action fan would recognize but very few would actually know his name! That era was one of the best for US action cinema, and I've seen many of those movies literally a dozen times(I could practically quote Predator line for line). And saying that, I didn't get anything remotely CLOSE to an 80's action vibe from Iron Man 3...I really wish I had, actually, then I might have enjoyed it a lot more. Still might not have been good as a Marvel movie, but at least it woulda been good in a different way.

Added Captain America and Money Monster

Added X-Men: Apocalypse. Hail, Caesar! has moved out of the top ten list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just updated the movie list (added quite a lot of them). I also cleaned up my original post ^^ The list is starting to look better, though I still really need to see more A-grade movies instead of all these meh ones.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Added X-Men Apocalypse and Civil War.

Loved Civil War and thought X-Men was pretty damn average.
    Might go see the Nice Guys next week to break up the superhero monotony in my list.

Added Nice Guys, Angry Birds, Neighbors 2

1.Captain America:Civil War 9/10
    2.Zootopia 9/10
    3.The Jungle Book 8.5/10
    4.Deadpool 8.5/10

That's all I've seen so far.

Yo yo

Added Warcraft(!!!). Kung Fu Panda 3 has moved out of the top ten list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched a fair amount of movies, so I decided to update the list. The two most prominent new names are Zootopia and The Fifth Wave.
    A lot more have been added to the 'didn't make the list' list....

Though I'll probably be seeing Warcraft soon... and I don't care what the critics say, I am stoked for the movie...

It's not uncommon for there to be a divide between critics and audience for some movies. Some movies are praised by audience and negatively reviewed by critics, while other movies are praised by critics and negatively received by audience. I believe Warcraft belongs to the first group, so you have all reason to look forward to seeing the movie. Especially if you're familiar with the Warcraft universe. Taste is also very much subjective, so if someone else dislikes a movie, it doesn't necessarily mean that you also will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    It's not uncommon for there to be a divide between critics and audience for some movies. Some movies are praised by audience and negatively reviewed by critics, while other movies are praised by critics and negatively received by audience. I believe Warcraft belongs to the first group, so you have all reason to look forward to seeing the movie. Especially if you're familiar with the Warcraft universe. Taste is also very much subjective, so if someone else dislikes a movie, it doesn't necessarily mean that you also will.
    It's not that. I know that my opinion matters the most, to me. The problem I have is that critics are bashing the movie so hard, which could lead to it not making enough money for a possible sequel...

I have been hoping (for 10 years) that there would be a warcraft movie series and that it wouldn't just stop at one....

We'll see what happens....

Added The Nice Guys. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has moved out of the top ten list.

Interesting! My list so far:

1. The Witch - (9/10)

2. Warcraft - (8/10)

3. Hush - (6/10)

4. Deadpool - (?/10) (couldn't finish it - showed too many superhero clichés).