Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What happened to Class Accessories?

What happened to them?

Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

afaik, (MM?) hunters and (holy?) paladins got their respective accessories with the artifact, though only cosmetic and probably not so deep as the initial concept migh've been. Maybe the whole artifact system is an evolution of accessories.

some got baked into artifacts.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    first off it was a concept, and 2 of them here, libram is baked into holy, and quiver is baked into MM hunter, and that bag, we now have belts with alot more stuff on them, like blades, bunch of small bags, actual buckles, so that isnt needed anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't accept the excuse of "baking" them into Artifacts.
    Postponing them due to Artifacts, sure.

The Libram used by Holy is held in the off-hand.
    It has little to do with the Libram all Paladins specs deserve, which is meant to hang from the waist, bound to a chain.

Justifications I accept are:
    - Blizzard hasn't figured out a proper accessory for each class that feels meaningful for all specs
    - Blizzard has realized that with the focus on "spec identity" in Legion, certain classes will need more than 1 accessory
    (Quiver for Survival Hunter doesn't make sense anymore).
    - Blizzard is trying to give accessories a meaningful beyond mere cosmetics.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-05-30 at 08:57 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post

It has little to do with the Libram all Paladins specs deserve, which is meant to hang from the waist, bound to a chain.
    The libram does hang from the waist when your weapon is sheated. It has not been rigged properly since they shrunk its size, but it's definitely not supposed to be a off-hand you hold. It's probably just low on their priority list and will be fixed when they'll be down to finishing touches.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    The libram does hang from the waist when your weapon is sheated. It has not been rigged properly since they shrunk its size, but it's definitely not supposed to be a off-hand you hold. It's probably just low on their priority list and will be fixed when they'll be down to finishing touches.
    I hope that doesn't mean Ret and Prot paladins will never get it, because that'd be extremely stupid and completely inconsistent with the lore and art of the whole franchise.

It makes it a lot more likely, in my opinion. The Libram isn't held, meaning it wouldn't conflict with a shield. It's already used with a 2-handed weapon for Holy, so it would work with Ret by default. Assuming they follow through with their plan of not keeping the artifacts for expansion after Legion, it would be extremely easy to give all 3 specs a cosmetic Libram. All the technical stuff will already be taken care of.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It makes it a lot more likely, in my opinion. The Libram isn't held, meaning it wouldn't conflict with a shield. It's already used with a 2-handed weapon for Holy, so it would work with Ret by default. Assuming they follow through with their plan of not keeping the artifacts for expansion after Legion, it would be extremely easy to give all 3 specs a cosmetic Libram. All the technical stuff will already be taken care of.
    I was mostly worried about the fact that they go to the trouble of adding Libram for 1 spec.

But I hope you're right. :P
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-05-30 at 09:20 PM.

Chris Robinson the art guy who posted the original blog about the accessories later said somewhere (twitter maybe?) that when they started down this path and then decided to do an Artifact system, it made sense to just make those a part of the artifact.

- Blizzard hasn't figured out a proper accessory for each class that feels meaningful for all specs
    - Blizzard has realized that with the focus on "spec identity" in Legion, certain classes will need more than 1 accessory
    Sorry mate, not to be rude but what you accept doesn't really matter to Blizzard. They will give you what they give you. If you got 200,000 people to make a petition like they did with that Nostalgia private server, maybe they will do something like this idea again. Till then, sorry, you're SOL.

Meshed in with the Artifact weapons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    Sorry mate, not to be rude but what you accept doesn't really matter to Blizzard. They will give you what they give you. If you got 200,000 people to make a petition like they did with that Nostalgia private server, maybe they will do something like this idea again. Till then, sorry, you're SOL.
    Thanks for stating the obvious and completely forgetting what an opinion is.

Plus, there hasn't been a final say on what happened or will happen to accessories - that I know of - which is why I made this thread, so I'm not sure what you're apologizing for, because I didn't imply I'm expecting accessories in Legion or at any point, really.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-05-31 at 02:02 AM.

Didn't the initial art blog already admit that the accessories weren't going to be ready for Legion anyway?

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for stating the obvious and completely forgetting what an opinion is about.
    ok so quit like all the others and stop complaining

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Didn't the initial art blog already admit that the accessories weren't going to be ready for Legion anyway?
    they said if it did happen it would be a long ways away, and then later said it was cancled as the artifacts covered the role of a item you get and customize to your liking as you complete differant feats, that has to do with your class/spec

They were never an announced feature, and nobody cares what you do or don't accept. They were a concept that Blizzard shared as something they were doing some work on and considering, not a promised feature.

When they communicate and then plans change, players whine. When they stay quiet, players whine. Players whine about things that were mentioned in passing, they whine about things that were never mentioned, and then they whine about the finished product.
    Beta Club Brosquad

7+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/141...ries-5-20-2014

as they said its not a planned feature, if it is a thing it would be added after wod, not during it, and that it was all concept, and look, it evolved into artifacts, i will also try to find the interveiw where he said they stopped working on accessories cause artifacts filled that role

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    ok so quit like all the others and stop complaining
    Lol, get off your high horse.

I didn't come to the thread complaining.
    I don't have the expectation of seeing it in WoD, Legion nor the expansion after.
    I was just wondering what happened to it.
    There are plenty of reasons Blizzard could give that'd make me go "oh, that makes sense", but some I'd call bullshit.
    I guess if they ever go about the idea again it will be if they find a purpose beyond pure cosmetics for it, but that's probably not gonna happen soon.

Just saddens me that Ret/Prot, for example, get the shaft on Librams hanging from their waist.

What happened to them?
    Looking back on that Rogue Accessory, we should've seen the use of a gun coming with the bullets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    They were never an announced feature, and nobody cares what you do or don't accept. They were a concept that Blizzard shared as something they were doing some work on and considering, not a promised feature.

When they communicate and then plans change, players whine. When they stay quiet, players whine. Players whine about things that were mentioned in passing, they whine about things that were never mentioned, and then they whine about the finished product.
    Some players will always whine, but the issue is that Blizzard used to stay quiet and only share sure-stuff, then started sharing unsure-stuff, and then justifying it, and then started becoming afraid to share again...

If Blizzard just kept communicating ideas or concepts they're working on, they'd make players get used to it.