Was obvious for me the first time I saw that pathetic trailer with plastic armor, half-finished CG and bad actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Was obvious for me the first time I saw that pathetic trailer with plastic armor, half-finished CG and bad actors.
    Actually, the CG work was some of the stuff the critics liked. Everything else... nope.

Deleted
    So obvious that the CGI is being praised even by the lower score reviews. Don't be a sheep.

Deleted
    Went this evening with a fellow WoW fan, a Hearthstone fan, a complete non-fan and a Warcraft 1 only fan. All enjoyed it to my surprise. As someone who's been playing since 2006 I felt it was a lot of fan service fed as fast as possible for the first 50-75% of the film.

Thoroughly enjoyed it myself, not a masterpiece by a long shot but definitely enjoyable.

CGI was very noticeable but didn't actually end up ruining it to be fair.

Eerytime I read these type of comments, I always pleasure take pleasure in remembering that Notralius was shut down. Next!

Rotten Tomatoes sucks. Go to IMDB. Much better reviews.

Just been to see it myself (UK). It was awesome. Definitely worth the watch. Only had one problem with it: Other cunts in the cinema talking behind us.

Those RT reviews are laughable - hell, one of them even gave "Dragonball Evolution" 4/5 yet no such film even exists

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Just been to see it myself (UK). It was awesome. Definitely worth the watch. Only had one problem with it: Other cunts in the cinema talking behind us.
    How full was the cinema?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Eerytime I read these type of comments, I always pleasure take pleasure in remembering that Notralius was shut down. Next!
    Hahaha... most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    How full was the Cinema?
    Probably half full? More than what came to see Captain America's midnight release (though this was 8pm, my town didn't have midnight for some stupid reason).

I went and got a staff member to remove him before I did it myself. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    well lets not give a fuck about critic reviews shall we and go see it for YOURSELVES!!!!!!! I saw it tonight and I loved it!! They have done a really great job IMO

My spoiler free review is up for people that actually want an opinion of the film that isnt biased pro or anti-warcraft either way.

Honestly, my TLR here:

It was a good film, flawed, but very good, and it deserves a sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    well lets not give a fuck about critic reviews shall we and go see it for YOURSELVES!!!!!!! I saw it tonight and I loved it!! They have done a really great job IMO
    Same here. No idea what all these critics are smoking. Highly entertaining movie, more so when you are a Warcraft fan. Go watch the movie and expect to be entertained, then make up your own mind how well you exactly liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I just saw the movie, and the assessment by Rotten Tomatoes is 100% accurate.. i however still loved, although i think for me seeing the world of warcraft that is soooooo unlife like, in life like setting was amazing and quite the spectacle. I did get a feeling of not really getting into any of the characters. Gul'dan was the main showcase. I don't think split perspective worked at all.

If they had just shown it from a mainly alliance perspective, like WC1-2 were, leaving the horde humanity to subtly build up in movies 1 and 2, then flipped in 3 like it did in teh strategy game then it would have worked.. but WoW seems to have ruined warcraft... it's made so much effort to make the horde more appealing to get players to play even numbers, now it's gone back and skewed the original perspective in that same forced balanced light.

look tbh, it was a clever thing to try and show the "monster" group as also having heart, but it wasn't quite handled well or compellingly. It needed about 30 mins more to make this way come out well, to build the characters more. You have to do that in fantasy well, because the settings are often so alien and out of this world, peopel need familiarity.

I still really enjoed it and i'm going to see it a second time. I'd be really interested to see what people who don't play wow think

Those RT reviews are laughable - hell, one of them even gave "Dragonball Evolution" 4/5 yet no such film even exists
    The movie exists in the US, and its utter garbage. Just another reason to ignore that review.

Personally, I ignore critics. Most of them are paid off. Otherwise, they give bad reviews. Not a single one of them is credible.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Got to be careful with posting reviews.

Apparently if you don't rate the movie mediocre or higher the professional reviewer is a dumbass. Posting it too high like IMDB apparently doesn't make fans dumbass though. It's funny that way around here how reviews are taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would probably seem like a boring concept to someone not familiar with the warcraft lore. Standard_fantasy_creature vs humans is all they see. It would have been a lot better to start the movies with the lich king story.

hardcore fans of the game are loving the movie I think. I'm going to see it whether it's reviewed poorly or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I just saw the movie, and the assessment by Rotten Tomatoes is 100% accurate
    Rotten Tomatoes doesn't assess anything. It just aggregates reviews and provides a "score" which is the percentage of critics who enjoyed it.

I'm sure the score will fluctuate a bit more over the next two weeks as more screenings happen and reviews get posted. RT only has 21 so far, but there will be some 200~ reviews aggregated by the time all is said and done.

Anyway, it does seem like a general consensus is starting to emerge, which is that it's a flawed movie that a lot of film critics seem to abjectly hate but general audiences seem to enjoy.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    It would have been a lot better to start the movies with the lich king story.
    It would make 0 fucking sense to start with that. You'd need an insanely long info dump before the story even started, and by then the film would be 2/3rds of the way through. Easing people in with the actual beginning of the lore makes more sense.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The movie exists in the US, and its utter garbage. Just another reason to ignore that review.
    Insider joke: DBZ fans do not accept the fact that the film was ever made due to it being so terrible. Same with the Avatar (Lost Airbender/Legend of Aang) one... that... also was never made.

Insider joke: DBZ fans do not accept the fact that the film was ever made due to it being so terrible. Same with the Avatar (Lost Airbender/Legend of Aang) one... that... also was never made.
    I was thinking maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?