Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    Oh the travesty.
    I know right him on his mount spending 10 minutes riding to get from point a to pint b and not to mention the fear of outleveling the zones due to being able to do 5 mans by the push of a button while traveling oh the horror, the horror.

Please try walking till 40 then praying to all that is holy and Chris Metzen that you had enough cash to get riding skill and your first mount not to mention getting your arse handed to you 7 ways from sunday if you were a lock or heaven forbid a pally.

Oh and flying at 60 LMFAO.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    I know right him on his mount spending 10 minutes riding to get from point a to pint b and not to mention the fear of outleveling the zones due to being able to do 5 mans by the push of a button while traveling oh the horror, the horror.

Please try walking till 40 then praying to all that is holy and Chris Metzen that you had enough cash to get riding skill and your first mount not to mention getting your arse handed to you 7 ways from sunday if you were a lock or heaven forbid a pally.

Oh and flying at 60 LMFAO.
    I did, it was great. But big difference: Back then you actually had to form groups for dungeons yourself and travel there yourself. And levelling was slow, so you never outlevelled a zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because they best way to do business is to get a reputation for sending people to their deaths because they couldn't handle the dangers of the zone. If you truly cared about immersion then you would have to consider regulatory laws, taxes, competition, etc.
    They are JUST Flightmasters, nothing more. They have no knowledge of my abilities or experience and will allow me to travel to the most dangerous places, on their animals I might add, just because I have visited that location once already regardless of my actual ability.

+1 for the only real logical potential reason though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    They actually removed that, I believe in early WoD, because it supposedly hurt the immersion.

Personally I'd love it if they brought it back but slightly different from how it was. It used to be that you got all the fp's for zones that were current for you but I think it would be better if you got them for all the zones you outlevelled. That way part of the supposed immersion stays as you need to discover the new fp's for your level but travel becomes easier as most zones are connected to ones close to them in level range.
    If I remember correctly, they *fixed* an old feature. With cataclysm, your existing high level characters had access to all flight points in Kalimdor and the Eastern Continents to, you know, not make you collect them all over again. However, for some reason all characters - even new ones - had discovered all flight points and fixing this proved to be rather difficult.

All you do is whine OP. Is it "impossible" to go and pick up the fucking flightpoints? Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    All you do is whine OP. Is it "impossible" to go and pick up the fucking flightpoints? Didn't think so.
    Seriously it's all he does is make whine posts. Like I said it perplexes me why he still plays yet whines so much...

10+ Year Old Account
    I thankfully leveled 90% of my chars through at the point where they gave us all the FPs. I was rather annoyed when they removed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

No but at this point all it does is encourage players to sit in cities and spam lfd. Considering 1-60 takes no time, and you are flying by the time you get back, why even bother with it to begin with?

That's kind of the argument, the only time they serve a purpose is when you aren't bothering to get them anyways because it makes more sense to just spam dungeons rather than to ride out and fool with it.

They actually removed that, I believe in early WoD, because it supposedly hurt the immersion.

Personally I'd love it if they brought it back but slightly different from how it was. It used to be that you got all the fp's for zones that were current for you but I think it would be better if you got them for all the zones you outlevelled. That way part of the supposed immersion stays as you need to discover the new fp's for your level but travel becomes easier as most zones are connected to ones close to them in level range.
    They removed it because they said it was a bug to begin with and never should have happened actually.

Too bad because I guarantee this was an important feature, its removal was fucking stupid. I definitely don't care about old azeroth at all, and 100% because I can't coordinate with anyone about where to go because there's no taxi there.

Everything has and always will have an opportunity cost. This isn't worth it, and the developers all lose 1 IQ point on any genuine test given by genuine authority of any Multiverse for letting this condition continue to exist in a game tied to their surnames, automatically and in a manner filled with such terminal finality that this subtracted point cannot be modified in any way.
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2016-05-31 at 04:45 AM.

That was a glitch. They did not mean for that to be around for so long. It would be nice to have. but.......

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People talk about exploration. You can't explore something you've allready explored. I don't "explore" the gas station at the end of the street every time i go there. So just make flight paths account wide.

Why didn't you just move on from Ashenvale when you outlevelled it? Just take the quest on to Stonetalon when that's available.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Why didn't you just move on from Ashenvale when you outlevelled it? Just take the quest on to Stonetalon when that's available.
    I stayed there until the quests were gray because I literally just got there. I like Ashenvale and I didn't feel like moving on yet.

Deleted

They just need to implement the same thing they did in WoD: If you get the first quest for a zone, you also get a one-time free flight directly to the flightmaster in the vicinity of the NPC where you turn in the quest and start the following ones.

Seriously, how can anyone overlook this? I recently tried to go to Silithus from OG without having any flight point and I gave up in Feralas and decided that I rather run some more dungeons to get to level 58 and finally being able to quest in Outland, than going any further.

Granted, it has been quite late in the evening as well. The thing is, we have had the convenience of unlocked flight paths for some time, and it has been a good thing because the Cataclysm world recamp broke some paths. Where you previously could just ride across the Barrens and then take the elevator down, you now have this mess with the Scar across the whole region. I should probably just have taken the path along the coast line on my waterstrider... even with avoiding Alliance at Theramore, it would have been faster than travelling through the broken mess that Kalimdor now is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    It's not about being casual. Riding around the world you already know inside out on your 10th alt IS NOT FUN. Questing and doing dungeons is. Therefor, questing and dungeons should take most of the time during leveling - not getting from point A to point B.
    Hit the nail on the head. Funny thing is, the same problem lies in the core of the flying vs. no-flying debate - and anti-flyers fail to grasp this logic.

I agree it was really not a good change having to discover them again.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I stayed there until the quests were gray because I literally just got there. I like Ashenvale and I didn't feel like moving on yet.
    Then the issue is the levelling pace, not the lack of flightpaths. You put on zerg mode in heirlooms and using RDF, then chose to try to stick with one zone after it became suboptimal. That's a super niche crowd you're asking them to cater for.

Deleted
    We actually had that for a while. TBH I enjoyed not having to discover them on my 30000th alt anymore.

Oh well, it didn't kill me to rediscover them after they reversed the change again.

I think that learning FPs by level would be a good thing in promoting more outdoors activity, the same as loosning up on the zone level requirement. For instance, my alt is level 24, but the zoe I'm in requires 25. I can't start before I'm 25, though I take take on mobs that are level 30.

I like to combine questing with dungeons, as I'm mostly leveling dps and often times, they have a downtime in the queues. Rather than sitting idle in some safe place, I'd like to push my progress by getting a few quests done here and there. But if I've only got a FP from Orgrimmar to Barrens - due to short queues at lower levles - then experience a long wait time at 50+, getting all the way down to Un'Goro is going to take a lot of time, especially getting through Thousand Needles.

From an immersion point of view, it makes no sense either that my boosted character can fly to Silithus though she's never been there, but my 55 shit alt can't catch a ride from Un'Goro to Silithus. Or if I'm a new hero and pick of "Hero's Call - Silithus" from Orgrimmar without having FPs, why should I bother crossing half the continent? I may very well die before I get there (from boredome, most likely, because fuck, that's a boring journey).

My solutions:
    1. Flight paths unlocked at the proper level, so you can fly to Barrens at 13, but not Blasted lands
    2. A BoA tome, akin to WotLK flying (old school item) and MoP that teaches you the very least the main flight paths
    3. Pick up a quest from dungeon journal/Heroes' Board in capitals, that will fly you to the entrance of the zone
    4. Your unlocked FPs at your lvl 100 character will also unlock FPs for your alt (with or without level restrictions)

"WoW is too easy omg casuals everywhere". I don't really see why something is hardcore just because it's timeconsuming. I've seen Stonetalon Mountains, Descolace, Feralas etc a bunch of times. Really, why do I have to be forced to see them once more because of your immersion? If your immersion comes from pretending to see a zone for the first time, you hvae your mount. Then the rest of us can fly there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Interesting dilemma. Which is the less immersive option? Your flight master not sending you anywhere unless you've been there before on foot or the removal of exploration?

I think a happy middle ground would be unlocking all FP's for a continent when that expansion is finished. Like when Legion launches, everyone will get all of Draenor's FP's automatically. The reasoning being that the continent has been explored, so adventurers going through there will have access to all the FP's and whatnot.
    That's quite the idea. I like it. Cheers.

Even tho your avatar scares the living shit out of me.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    @ OP: No, cause legacy content.