Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm tempted to vote Blood Fox too, cos just not doing shit. But at the same time I'd rather the Largehorn lynch gain traction first.

Vote: Largehorn

To be fair it's already gained a lot of traction. I'm not necessarily against shifting my vote over to him though. I just like there to be pressure on more than one person per day.

For now I'm more okay with a Blood Fox lynch over a Large lynch. Which is not to say I'm against the Large lynch either, but Blood Fox has barely shown up at all.

Vote Blood Fox

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

Deleted
    So I didn't really have time to do my big mega post this evening. Between study, jogging and Game of Thrones I seem to have 0 time in the evenings Ill post replies to posts tomorrow evening when I have a bit more time. For now all you get is some thoughts:

I don't think the people who hopped on Jynx yesterday contained any scum aligned with Jynx. If anything, I'd look at people who stayed out of the thread for the final 6 hours the day. If was an even split with a possible no lynch. Then we could have wasted another day arguing over Graeham vs Jynx.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    So, I tried to look at several things regarding yesterday, but all I have is a motley list of names. I'll go through it, but I'm not sure if this is helpful or not.

People who never voted Day 2: Allowyn, Arialla, Blood Fox, Uggor, and Val

People who never voted Day 1: Val

People who voted on non main trains Day 2: Anakso, Crackle

People who voted on non main trains Day 1: Large, Robo

People with less than 5 posts Day 2: Allowyn, Blood Fox, Kryllian, Large, Robo, Val

So, kinda all over the board. Val is the one who comes up the most, but he said that he will be gone until Monday, which would explain why he's on a few lists. I'm willing to give a free pass for him now, but will be looking out for him at the same time too.

Kryllian had a vote on Robo Day 2 but unvoted at the same time as Raza and me.

Large is certainly an interesting target to start with, and I would be down with voting on him, except for the fact that there has been no resistance to his 4 or 5 votes he's gained so far. Is it because scum thinks he sticks out as a sore thumb too or are we barking up the wrong tree? I don't know.
    This is a very good post by Senna and I think it will be useful for narrowing down scum in future days.

Non-Voters really annoy me. Townies main power is their vote. Votes also provide records we can use to prove/disprove towniness so by not voting you're giving us nothing to work with. SO VOTE!

Id like to know why @Arialla thought Jynx was town yesterday

Monkz seems very sheepish this game (and I don't mean polymorphe). He seems to be very passive and following the crowd. My spidey senses are tingling because of it.

Uggor seems to be relaxing as well. But I cant really read Uggor, just wanted to point this out.

Vote Blood Fox

Zero interaction all game. I understand he's been sick but he's usually raging at someone by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Monkz seems very sheepish this game (and I don't mean polymorphe). He seems to be very passive and following the crowd. My spidey senses are tingling because of it.
    Have you followed the game at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday, I was the main force in suggesting ppl to vote Jynx over Graeham. If it wasn't for me, the day would've ended with a Graeham lynch or a no lynch.

Today I literally started the train on Largehorn.

Either you haven't payed attention at all and just spewing out random names for your stuff to act like you participate, or you don't know what sheeping means.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    Back off of Jynx I'm 99% sure that claim is real
    Vote: Arialla

Not for lurking, but because of this post. You have a history of defending people on your team, even if it means outting yourself (I'm thinking of the game where you and listo were masons and listo was about to get lynched). Also, not happy with the non voters on day 2.

- - - Updated - - -

To those voting Blood Fox, what do you make of his first post today?
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Day Three - Post #626

• 5 - Largehorn: Monkz (#586), Crackleslap (#588), Dupti (#602), Anakso (#610), Xanjori (#621)
    • 3 - Blood Fox: Graeham (#620), Kurenai (#623), Celtic (#624)
    • 1 - Arialla: Senna (#626)

With 21 players alive, 11 votes are required for a majority.
    With 9 votes cast, 5 votes are required for deadline majority.

Large, Robo, BF, Val -- any input on events? We're 24 hours into today...

vote: largehorn
    The longer pressure goes unaddressed the less day phase town has to work with or time to switch votes if warranted. Should make 6. Giving some leeway for Memorial Day but need more people posting. I dont have any new info to share yet since my last evaluation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's an interesting slip of some sort. The question is what sort of slip? Was it a maf and a vig kill and the SK didn't post because they're Blood Fox? Was it a maf and a SK kill and the vig/doctor/invest never submitted. Or even something else entirely new in power game of powerroles? Personally I wanna see a bit of pressure on him cause I want an answer.

Vote: Blood Fox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Large, Robo, BF, Val -- any input on events? We're 24 hours into today...

vote: largehorn
    The longer pressure goes unaddressed the less day phase town has to work with or time to switch votes if warranted. Should make 6. Giving some leeway for Memorial Day but need more people posting. I dont have any new info to share yet since my last evaluation.
    I think I haven't paid the closest of attention. I also think I'm going to force myself to do my vote record analysis and see where that takes me for the day.

Wow... That's fun guys. Sorry for not being around up till now but it's been a very busy weekend...

Alright let's see:

Quote Originally Posted by Monkz View Post

Lets lynch more scum.
    Oh that sure does narrow it down... I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to move my vote because of life happening. Is that all you wonderful people have to go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I'm gonna get on board with this.

Says Jynx is sticking out like a "sore thumb". Decides to vote on Graeham instead. Then nothing ever more. Curious.
    It would in fact appear so... Nice. Well folks here's the thing. Jynx did stick out like a sore thumb. I could have put my vote there but at the same time Jynx could have still been town. I guess I'm scum for not taking the easy wagon yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I can get behind a largehorn vote based on the reasons given and also because he's not on the list meaning at worst he's a vtish/limited ability role if town.
    Here's the thing: I'm a barbarian totem warrior...

My night action is based on rage which is generated from townies dying, lynched or otherwise, so because of how limited things have been up until last night, I didn't have enough rage to do anything. Now moving forward I can actually use my ability.

It's a body guard ability I can augment to do a few things if I spend extra rage. I can spend additional rage to keep myself alive if my target actually gets targeted with a night kill. I can also spend rage to kill the would be killer (it will even be announced to the thread if I kill someone). I can also spend additional rage to protect additional targets.

But if you wonderful people would like to lynch a protection role go right ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

As for my vote, I'm going to put it on BF simply because right now he's the next leading train...

Vote Blood fox

10+ Year Old Account
    I've caught up on the last couple pages of day 2 now, and I can say that I should probably be glad I wasn't there at the end. With Graeham's unending whining and self voting, I would have changed my vote to him just to get rid of the bitching.

Starting work on my actual analysis next now that I've got the votes jotted down.

- - - Updated - - -

You're a warrior?! The base for Warrior is "war", and war is bad, therefore you are evil!

vote: Largehorn

- - - Updated - - -

I'll put a serious vote out after I finish my analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    So I didn't really have time to do my big mega post this evening. Between study, jogging and Game of Thrones I seem to have 0 time in the evenings Ill post replies to posts tomorrow evening when I have a bit more time. For now all you get is some thoughts:

I don't think the people who hopped on Jynx yesterday contained any scum aligned with Jynx. If anything, I'd look at people who stayed out of the thread for the final 6 hours the day. If was an even split with a possible no lynch. Then we could have wasted another day arguing over Graeham vs Jynx.

This is a very good post by Senna and I think it will be useful for narrowing down scum in future days.

Non-Voters really annoy me. Townies main power is their vote. Votes also provide records we can use to prove/disprove towniness so by not voting you're giving us nothing to work with. SO VOTE!

Id like to know why @Arialla thought Jynx was town yesterday

Uggor seems to be relaxing as well. But I cant really read Uggor, just wanted to point this out.

Vote Blood Fox

Zero interaction all game. I understand he's been sick but he's usually raging at someone by now.
    Something in his claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Not for lurking, but because of this post. You have a history of defending people on your team, even if it means outting yourself (I'm thinking of the game where you and listo were masons and listo was about to get lynched). Also, not happy with the non voters on day 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, something in his claim as I've already just referenced. I'm not stupid enough to directly try to save a scummy person like that. Nice try though.

To large's claim: Its believable mechanics to me and would be an interesting equalizer if scum PRs/kills got too much a lead. The revenge kill option makes it hard to justify as a twisted maf role, and the only raise-an-eyebrow part is protecting multiple people on the same night both logistically and in power, but not too far out there. Its either the truth or well crafted but train had/has merit still IMO based on content/votes -- large was on my top 4 list going into today and we'll see where it goes from here. For now i'm looking at others.

unvote

I didn't realize both N2 kills were earlyish on D1 listo so i took another look there (even though i'm looking at D1 a lot but its a known entity). First half on listo were: [Uggor], Kryllian, Dranxadin, Allowyn, [Senna], Razamith, Monkz, Lysah, Rixis. Now we all know Dranx/Lysah/Rixis were town, and I know I am town, and I cant imagine there would be no scum on the entire first half of a successful mislynch (especially D1). Now i'm leaning trust on monkz (at least conditionally) and I'm going to give uggor a very liberal leeway on random first vote (though that could be a different topic to discuss) and that leaves me with kryll/allowyn/senna who i've brought up before and all three I have my questions about. I'd be shocked if all 3 were not scum (or am being fooled on monkz) and possibly multiple. Based on other actions i'm more interested in the first two BUT all three were seen moving around last night, where we have 2 deaths to account for. Seeing where this leads:

vote: kryllian

Unrelated notes, still interested in robo pending analyis, valyrian even considering IRL excuses, and surprised dupti hasn't had more questioning today. And some others of course

yeah iv been afk all day because Iv head a headache and have been having a hard time caring about abunch of the whiny posts. Don't take this as an excuse just know I'm not trying to fuck anyone over.

I believe Large's claim.

Vote Bloodfox

Will compare it with BF's claim and go from there

10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming wall of text, which I admit doesn't have as much effort as usual. Not like people appreciated it when I did put more effort into it last time, what with the whole "you're doctoring your analysis!" stuff.

Allowyn
    1- Rixis (1), Listo95 (4/13)
    2- No vote on record
    Thoughts- Wasn't a part of the lynch against JynxieJ, claiming to have "not woken up early enough" to vote.Uncertain leaning questionable.

Anakso
    1- KurenaiXIII (1)
    2- KurenaiXIII (3), Uggorthaholy (1)
    Thoughts- Wasn't part of the Jynxie lynch, don't remember much about him beyond a couple people saying they didn't trust him. Uncertain leaning questionable.

Arialla
    1- KurenaiXIII (7)
    2- No vote on record
    Thoughts- Not only didn't vote Jynxie, I remember her vocally defending her. Mind you, I suspect she wouldn't do that so bluntly (claimed 99% sure Jynxie was telling the truth) if they were allied. Only other stuff I remember is a couple people wanting to lynch her for being a habitual lurker, which happens pretty well every game. Uncertain.

Blood Fox
    1- Listo95 (10/13)
    2- No vote on record
    Thoughts- Okay, this is getting annoying. Another person with no vote for day 2 on my records? I have barely posted at all and yet I still voted both days. Obviously didn't vote Jynxie, and is thus far the second most popular train today. I think it has something to do with inactivity, but I can't really remember for sure. Uncertain leaning questionable.

Catta
    1- dupti (1), KurenaiXIII (7)
    2- JynxieJ (2/10)
    Thoughts- Threw the first hissy fit of the game when he bitched about getting a few votes on day 1. A good, early vote on Jynxie makes him look good. I think him being polymorphed was hilarious. Uncertain leaning trust.

Celtic209
    1- Listo95 (11/13)
    2- Robozerim (3), JynxieJ (4/10)
    Thoughts- voted against me at least partly for a post I made on day 1 that I don't think is indicative of anything, which annoyed me /grumble. Early vote against Jynxie when she refused to claim makes him look good, or at least better, though he did seem to prefer staying on Graeham before she refused to claim. Uncertain leaning trust.

Crackleslap
    1- Kryllian (1), Graeham (1), Lysah (1), KurenaiXIII (1), Dendrek (3), Robozerim (1), Monkz (1), Celtic (1), KurenaiXIII (6)
    2- KurenaiXIII (1)
    Thoughts- Can we lynch Crackle for making day 1's vote note taking unbearable? No? Damn. I'm sure he has a few votes on scum based on the sheer quantity of votes on day 1 alone, and if he didn't that'd be impressive. Wasn't on the Jynxie lynch. Uncertain leaning questionable.

Dendrek
    1- Crackleslap (2), Listo95 (9/13)
    2- Graeham (6)
    Thoughts- Was not on the Jynx lynch, and voted for the alternative wagon so could have been actively trying to protect her. I think he's claimed (or implied heavily) that he is a bard. Uncertain leaning questionable.

Dupti
    1- Robozerim (1), Dendrek (1), KurenaiXIII (5)
    2- Graeham (1)
    Thoughts- Wasn't on the Jynx lynch, working hard to get Graeham lynched all day, even before Jynx was an option. Was apparently visiting a corpse last night, which is weird. Uncertain leaning questionable.

Graeham
    1- KurenaiXIII (4)
    2- KurenaiXIII (2), Graeham (3), JynxieJ (3), KurenaiXIII (2), JynxieJ (5), Graeham (8), JynxieJ (7/10)
    Thoughts- Was the alternative to Jynxie yesterday. However aggravating his hissy fits were, it makes him less likely to be at the very least on a team with Jynxie. No extra points for a vote on Jynxie as it was him or her at the time. Uncertain leaning trust.

Kryllian
    1- Crackleslap (1), Listo95 (2/13)
    2- Robozerim (2), unvote
    Thoughts- Seemed to refuse to vote for either Graeham or Jynxie seeing how he was around to unvote without moving it somewhere else. Maybe it was a protest against the choices without being a dick by making it harder to get the modified majority? Uncertain leaning questionable.

KurenaiXIII
    1- Allowyn (1), Listo95 (12/13)
    2- Xanjori (1), Graeham (9)
    Thoughts- Has had a ton of votes thrown his way this game, at least in part for living to end and/or winning recently while being practically absent from the game. Was one of those who voted Graeham over Jynx. Uncertain leaning questionable.

Largehorn
    1- Dendrek (2), Crackleslap (3), Catta (4), Anakso (2)
    2- Anakso (1), Graeham (3)
    Thoughts- One of those who voted Graeham over JynxieJ. Has gotten a lot of votes day 3 and claimed Totem Warrior. Maybe he's telling the truth or maybe not. Uncertain.

Monkz
    1- Arlee (1), Listo95 (6/13)
    2- JynxieJ (5/10)
    Thoughts- Decent vote on JynxieJ. Uncertain leaning trust.

Razamith
    1- Anakso (1), Listo95 (5/13)
    2- KurenaiXIII (4), Robozerim (4), JynxieJ (9/10)
    Thoughts- Wanted me lynched on day 2, eventually gave in and helped lynch Jynxie. Normally such a late vote would have me not give much if any credit, but the last few votes were right before the deadline and he could have easily voted Graeham instead, which could have very likely saved Jynx, either from the modified majority for a no lynch or maybe even by getting Graeham lynched instead. Uncertain leaning trust.

Robozerim
    1- JynxieJ (1), Catta (4)
    2- JynxieJ (4/10)
    Thoughts- My vote on Jynxie day 1 was random. My vote on her D2 was not. I thought it sounded plausible she delayed a little bit to get a fake claim, combined with her whining (the perceptive of you may have noticed I've been annoyed by that this game) got me to vote for her in a solid early spot. Willing to admit that I've been mostly absent this game and that I would have switched to Graeham for his much worse whining had I been around at end of day 2. Obviously enough, I trust myself fully. Complete trust.

Senna1251
    1- KurenaiXIII (1), Listo95 (3), KurenaiXIII (8)
    2- Robozerim (1), Graeham (7), JynxieJ (10/10)
    Thoughts- Similar situation as with Razamith in regards to end of day Jynx vote, though not quite as strong as Jynx was ahead by 3 votes at that point instead of just 2. Uncertain.

Uggorthaholy
    1- Listo95 (1), Catta (3), KurenaiXIII (9)
    2- No vote on record
    Thoughts- And another one who didn't vote at all on day 2 as far as I saw. No vote on Jynxie, blah blah blah, Uncertain leaning questionable.

Valyrian
    1- Reticence (2)
    2- No vote on record
    Thoughts- That's a lot of people not voting on day 2. Uncertain leaning questionable.

Virothe
    1- Catta (5), Listo95 (13/13)
    2- Graeham (2)
    Thoughts- Didn't vote Jynxie, pushed hard against Graeham instead. Uncertain leaning questionable.

Xanjori
    1- Catta (2), KurenaiXIII (2)
    2- JynxieJ (1/10)
    Thoughts- Started the Jynx wagon, I have to give him credit for that. Uncertain leaning trust.

This mostly came down to me saying most people who didn't vote Jynxie are suspicious and those that did more or less are trusted. There are a few deviations from this paradigm, but not too many. I'm tired right now, nearly falling asleep at my keyboard as I typed up the analysis. I'm not opposed to Blood, and I guess I'll give Largehorn a pass for now, but I think I'll support a Kryllian wagon that Raza is attempting to start.

unvote Vote: Kryllian

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this god damn "You can put a period..." loud ass ad that keeps playing on MMO-Champ is really fucking irritating me. it's volume dwarfs anything else on my computer whenever it pops up, making it incredibly unpleasant to keep MMO-Champ open in my browser.

7+ Year Old Account
    All right, thanks for responding to my vote Arialla.

Unvote

The Blood Fox is really messing with my head this day, don't know what to make of his posts. I also am having a hard time trusting Large's claim, because as we have already seen the abilities don't necessarily line up intuitively with alignment. I haven't made up my mind there if I believe or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Thoughts on Kryllian: overall, Kryllian in this game has just felt more quiet than what I'm used to seeing. His posts are a lot more reactive than proactive, less scum- hunty and such than what I have come to expect from Kryll posts. As far as the unvote, I see both scum and town motivations behind it, so it's a wash.

Trying to decide where to place my before-I-go-to-bed vote.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

- - - Updated - - -

If you mean #591 I'm not reading too much into it. It certainly sounds like a slip but it's the kind of comment certain players tend to make just as a matter of course.

I do like your point about Arialla. I like the idea of Arialla, Blood Fox, or Largehorn lynches today, am going to switch my vote if one of the three gets close without some sort of counter-argument from them that's convincing (unless it's BF, 'cause I'm already on BF).

- - - Updated - - -

To add, Large's claim seems believeable as well; the ability to protect multiple targets is probably, I would expect, one of the most expensive ones, and I'm pretty sure it's a safeguard against town losing a bunch of people really fast to mislynches and NKs.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really know what the fuck I am talking about here, but

Just putting a speculation out there.

All flips we've seen for town so far have been (for town) have been spell caster type bullshit and nature type (hunter/druid). Graeham has claimed wizard and been "deemed town" for the time being.

Jynx was a fighter and Largehorn has claimed a Barbarian. Curious if these meele things are the scum.

Also, we don't know how many protect roles and things are so every time we push someone their gonna claim truthfully or deliver a half truth, and we will have nfi. Therefore otherwise, we have to base our judgements on their actions during game thread, or results we "may" have.

Am not entirely convinced at this present time!