Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    "Jones want/wanted this, Jones want/wanted that" And this is the real issue with all kind of adaption. How big of a ego do you need to have to take an already wrote story and start changing right and left to make it "better". I understand when you need to cut stuff that coundn't fit into the new format, but not when you change the story.
    What, Warcraft is "War And Peace", a revered classic work of literature? C'mon. It's lore that was created as a secondary feature of a video game where the goal is to kill a lot of stuff. Improving Metzen's writing is not that big a task - and what works in a video game, doesnt necessarily work in the 90 minute timeline of a movie. An *accurate* portrayal of the WoW lore would need to be done like GoT, to introduce and follow all of the characters and stories.

I remember when Starship Trooper came out, I was really into seeing it - I'm a HUGE Heinlein fan, and I was curious how they'd pull it off - Heinlein was a great writer, but he tended to have his characters make long speeches, which don't really fit an action/sci fi movie. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress and Stranger in a Strange Land are amazing books - but they're very chatty books, most of the good stuff is long conversations - they'd be boring shot as is as a movie. I realized the same thing halfway through Troopers - the book wouldn't make that great a movie, but Verhoeven took the best concepts and characters and expanded on them. Is it perfect? No. Is it entertaining? Yes - and thus, it's fine. And the book is still a classic.

So, you can talk about ego - all the while ignoring the creative process and the idea that Jones just might have a different, better take on the story for a movie screen, than what Metzen cobbled together over what, 20 years, in the background of video games. Even Metzen changes his mind and retcons the material - why can't Jones?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adain878 View Post
    "Thrall would be an interesting character to focus on in one of the next two movies."

No, just no. We have had enough WoW Jesus. Give us someone actually interesting.
    I don't know how they can focus on Thrall, because he doesn't really get interesting until after the Second War. They have a whole lot of backstory to cover before they can tell his story.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, that's all the spider mount looks like? For 2 million gold? Not worth it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    Sorcerous Shadowruby Pendant
    Use: Cast a random damaging spell at your target. (5 min cooldown) -
    wow very interesting fun!
    Blessed Dawnlight Medallion
    Use: Heal yourself for 91,112, and restore 91,112 Mana. (5 min cooldown)
    - nice utility wow!
    Twisted Pandemonite Choker
    Equip: Heal for 174,681 when your summoned demon dies. -
    more utility wow nice!
    Subtle Shadowruby Pendant
    Equip: When you land a killing blow on an enemy that yields experience or honor, the cooldown of Sprint is reduced by 30 seconds. -
    dang thats really cool nice!
    Tranquil Necklace of Prophecy
    Equip: Roll, Chi Torpedo, or jumping heals you for 58,227. Can only occur once every 20 sec.
    - pretty damn good wow!
    Vindictive Pandemonite Choker
    Use: Reflect 616 Chaos damage back to attackers. Lasts 60 sec. (5 min cooldown) -
    lol? low damage but im sure its a tooltip fix! good!
    Sylvan Maelstrom Amulet
    Equip: Increases Versatility rating by 1,000. This effect is tripled when outdoors. -
    WOW really good!
    Intrepid Necklace of Prophecy
    Equip: Your pet enrages when fighting creatures of the same family, increasing its damage by 50% for 15 sec. -
    situational pretty good still!
    Ancient Maelstrom Amulet
    Equip: Regenerate health while swimming or standing in water. -
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Righteous Dawnlight Medallion
    Equip: Chance on being hit to blind your enemy for 5 sec. -
    wow really good!
    Raging Furystone Gorget
    Equip: Charge and Intercept generate 100% more Rage. -
    damn thats cool!
    Grim Furystone Gorget
    Equip: Increase run spead by 20% when below 35% health. -
    WOW.

Why does Blizzard hate shamans?
    Literally every other class has a good effects.
    Is this a fucking joke???
    Hey, at least the shaman one can be used with creative positioning, instead of only kicking in when you're already failing like the warlock one does.

Deleted
    people took it wrong, as Blizzard announced, the reason for adding such items is not to sink gold, it would simply not work, but to give to special kind of players a special mount.Like super-elite PvPers have their gladiator mount, unattainable for 99.9% players, best elite raiders have their mount too and this is mount for tight group of elite gold farmers, who spend all time digging money, on AH, with professions etc.
    If Blizzard wants sink gold from economy, then ie. raising overall repair prices by 1% works much better than adding 1000 special 2M mounts.
    quote from Blizz guy:
    "There are, as people have noticed, a small handful of very expensive items on vendors in Legion. This isn't anything fundamentally new - the original Kirin Tor Signet Ring cost a small fortune in relative terms when it first came out in Wrath, as did the Grand Expedition Yak in Mists.

When it comes to cosmetic items and convenience perks, they vary tremendously by source, both in terms of playstyle and degree of difficulty. Some are widely-earned rewards, some were simply a matter of being around at the right time (e.g. the Onyxian Whelpling), others require tremendous skill (Gladiator mounts, Mythic raid mounts from current content), while others require a combination of persistence and luck (Time-Lost Proto Drake, Elegon's mount, etc.). Some require you to engage in PvP, others require raiding, others require extensive outdoor gameplay, or profession use. And some require a sustained and concerted effort to accumulate a ton of gold.
    Besides, think of it as a favor to all the arachnophobes out there - do you really want massive spiders skittering around everywhere?"

2M Spider mount is what it is, just another mount for very, very small group of players.
    Last edited by mmoce43fd617d7; 2016-05-31 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Unless you are sitting on a good 300 billion gold I'd start saving up a buffer to pay for that vacation. :<
    2mil gold is about $800 worth of US server tokens. You could definitely go on a nice little vacation on that amount of money.

As a WoW millionaire who still doesn't want to shell out the 100k for the yak, I really couldn't care less about this spider.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft Director's Cut Is 40 Minutes Longer

http://movieweb.com/warcraft-movie-d...s-cut-runtime/

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    2mil gold is about $800 worth of US server tokens. You could definitely go on a nice little vacation on that amount of money.

As a WoW millionaire who still doesn't want to shell out the 100k for the yak, I really couldn't care less about this spider.
    This is what I thought as well. Also I expect gold sellers will make lots of sales too.

Ooooooooooooooook so Druid gets "Increases versatility by 1000, tripled when outside", Shaman gets "Life regenerates faster whan swimming or standing on water".... LSD much??

All the people complaing about Orcs and Thrall in the Warcraft movie clearly never heard of Warcraft before WoW... A little sad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Lol. Reason i did not care about the movie was orcs, and now it's confirmed. Fuck orcs. Fuck the movie.
    You know you are on a site dedicated to a game, which is only the latest in a series that started with "Warcraft: Orcs & Humans" right? This is like complaining about The Hobbit for having a Hobbit in it, wtf were you expecting?

I WON oh wait that the list of losers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrescene View Post
    All the people complaing about Orcs and Thrall in the Warcraft movie clearly never heard of Warcraft before WoW... A little sad...

You know you are on a site dedicated to a game, which is only the latest in a series that started with "Warcraft: Orcs & Humans" right? This is like complaining about The Hobbit for having a Hobbit in it, wtf were you expecting?
    Let me make some basic internet discussion reply and exaggerate a bit: By your logic if i was interested in World War 2 history, i should be nazi sympathizer. Also i never played WC1-2 (only watched when someone else played) and only couple of missions of WC3. Even if WoW orcs would make world peace IRL, i would not like them.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-05-31 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    So, that's all the spider mount looks like? For 2 million gold? Not worth it at all.
    To change positions and to play devil's advocate: We don't know how much gold inflation there will be in Legion.
    It's possible that how we view 500k will be the same as 2mill.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how long we still have to wait till ghostcrawler's tweets won't be posted here.

prices updated?? thought they were set like this before?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrescene View Post

When I play the sims I constantly go around whining to anyone that will listen that I'm sooooo sick of humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    To change positions and to play devil's advocate: We don't know how much gold inflation there will be in Legion.
    It's possible that how we view 500k will be the same as 2mill.
    We do already know. There are no garrison spitting gold at you like things in Legion. They are wanting to go the opposite route to try and get rid of all that gold that was spewing out like crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    I wonder how long we still have to wait till ghostcrawler's tweets won't be posted here.
    When people stop asking him questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crypticall View Post
    prices updated?? thought they were set like this before?!
    It was posted before, on here even and we all had this discussion already. I'm sitting here with my blunderbuss waiting.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, spider mounts at last!

I've been wanting one for yeeeeears. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    When I play the sims I constantly go around whining to anyone that will listen that I'm sooooo sick of humans.

- - - Updated - - -

We do already know. There are no garrison spitting gold at you like things in Legion. They are wanting to go the opposite route to try and get rid of all that gold that was spewing out like crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

When people stop asking him questions.

- - - Updated - - -

It was posted before, on here even and we all had this discussion already. I'm sitting here with my blunderbuss waiting.
    No garrisons doesn't mean there won't be gold inflation else where though. I don't know what end-game Legion will feel like.

The dk neck piece is useless....

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Let me make some basic internet discussion reply and exaggerate a bit: By your logic if i was interested in World War 2 history, i should be nazi sympathizer. Also i never played WC1-2 (only watched when someone else played) and only couple of missions of WC3. Even if WoW orcs would make world peace IRL, i would not like them.
    To use your example, it would be more along the lines of wanting to go see a WW2 movie but complaining that there are Nazi's in it. If you don't like orcs, fine, no one's saying you have to, just don't expect much sympathy from the folks who do/don't care either way. It's a Warcraft movie, it's gonna have orcs. Don't like it? Don't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    No garrisons doesn't mean there won't be gold inflation else where though. I don't know what end-game Legion will feel like.
    Garrisons were put in before they came out with the token. As soon as the token was going to be rolled out I recall them trying to nerf garrison gold making. I remember people freaking out on the forums about it. I think they would have done more nerfing if they could but realized there would be too much backlash. Going forward it would seem they want to try and get rid of all that inflation and want more people going towards tokens if they want gold. I haven't seen anything in the beta that would be handing us gold. Seen a lot of dumb shit with them trying to get us to spend gold though. Like charging for changing specs etc.