ISO micro atx board for 6600k

Which one would be my best option? Preferably something available at microcenter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Which one would be my best option? Preferably something available at microcenter.
    How about this: Gigabyte B150M-D3H M-ATX Motherboard DDR3 - Socket 1151

It's got very good reviews:

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigaby...gab150md3hddr3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128862

Remember to add a cooler, though.

Can't OC with the b150 chipset correct? Would need a z170 board is my thinking, but from reviews I've read I'm not sure if any of them are stable.

Can't OC with the b150 chipset correct? Would need a z170 board is my thinking, but from reviews I've read I'm not sure if any of them are stable.
    No, you cant OC on B150.

what are you talking about "not knowing if any of them are stable"? That makes zero sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    No, you cant OC on B150.

what are you talking about "not knowing if any of them are stable"? That makes zero sense to me.
    I've read reviews on all of the m-atx z170 boards I've came across. All of them have some pretty crappy reviews and problems of all types. The only one I came across that has good reviews was the Asus gene, which is a good bit more than I want to spend currently.

I've read reviews on all of the m-atx z170 boards I've came across. All of them have some pretty crappy reviews and problems of all types. The only one I came across that has good reviews was the Asus gene, which is a good bit more than I want to spend currently.
    Where are you reading these reviews, exactly? Might want to find other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Where are you reading these reviews, exactly? Might want to find other sources.
    Various retail sites. So far I've read through newegg, tiger and pcpartspicker. So far I'm very put off by what I've seen

You may want to look up professional reviews iso disgruntled customer ones, I've seen people bash speakers on amazon because they thought they were wireless which they weren't obviously, best to take those with a spoon of salt.

Check out sites like hardocp, anandtech or tomshardware among others.

If youre expecting to find a product with no bad reviews (largely from people who dont really know what theyre doing), youre going to be dissapointed