Page 72 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    LFR was never locked by Proving grounds.
    It should have been, it's purpose was to keep out the players that have no idea how hard real raiding is, allowing blizzard to push up the difficulty. But they did not do this, they made it clear they had no intention of doing this. As such, proving ground turned out to be a pile of junk that needs to be removed.
    I could not believe the forums had "proving grounds is too hard" tbh. We are spoon fed now

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    cool

Now make LFR fun plz
    ^THIS^

Most problems of the LFR could be cleared by simply making it fun again.

But alas, the "real" raiders would still cry and claim it's not fun regardless of how it actually is. Kinda like the guy who complains about a game without having ever played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    ^THIS^

Most problems of the LFR could be cleared by simply making it fun again.

But alas, the "real" raiders would still cry and claim it's not fun regardless of how it actually is. Kinda like the guy who complains about a game without having ever played it.
    What do you mean by fun? Making mechanics relevant where queues for DPS soar to well over an hour and the LFR crowd asks for nerfs? A choice has to be made that either LFR is inclusive or only for a select skill base. At the moment devs have settled on LFR being inclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    This is too blanket a statement to be true, some do more difficult content to obtain better rewards, there are definitely those who dont want anything more than tourism mode, but to say that the latter is the whole group is just false
    Respectfully, it's true that most people are not interested in difficult content. It's not a secret that prior to LFR the percentage of players who regularly saw the inside of a raid and beat a raid boss while it was current content was a very distinct minority. Difficult content is very much a minority activity in WoW. Most people log in to have some fun, get a few things done and log out to get back to their lives or to play other games. The idea of carrot-and-stick and a vast interest on the part of most players to get better is just a fiction of an insulated group that for the most part play with each other, talk to each other and listen only to those whose views coincide with theirs. This can easily lead to the belief that this is quite common but it really isn't. The vast, vast majority of players are invisible to one another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Because Carl will then show up on the doorstep of my raid team expecting to be handed a spot. Carl will be completely unprepared and a waste of our time as we are working on progressing against whatever bosses we are working on. Carl will be sat or worse. Carl will complain. Carl will be told shut up Carl.
    This is a ridiculous post and shows you to be less smart than I actually know you to be. Carl would never have his application to your guild approved.

I've yet to meet a "Carl" that expects to land a raid spot in a good or even mediocre progression guild just by showing up with an LFR achievement. It's a false premise from start to finish and just demonstrates your innate lack of respect and unwillingness to be supportive of anyone you personally deem your inferior. This sort of attitude expressed publicly is a stain on the raiding community and anyone who agrees with it. It's the sort of thing that pushes raiding deeper and deeper into its niche from which it becomes increasingly difficult for it to thrive without something like Raid Finder in the mix to prop it up.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is a ridiculous post and shows you to be less smart than I actually know you to be. Carl would never have his application to your guild approved.

I've yet to meet a "Carl" that expects to land a raid spot in a good or even mediocre progression guild just by showing up with an LFR achievement. It's a false premise from start to finish and just demonstrates your innate lack of respect and unwillingness to be supportive of anyone you personally deem your inferior. This sort of attitude expressed publicly is a stain on the raiding community and anyone who agrees with it. It's the sort of thing that pushes raiding deeper and deeper into its niche from which it becomes increasingly difficult for it to thrive without something like Raid Finder in the mix to prop it up.
    Couldn't agree more and the way the person is acting that you reply'ed to is becoming way to common.

Its one reason why unless the endgame is queable I just won't play it. As long as endgame (End boss/story) is raiding there has to be a LFR (Queable raid) or I just unsub.

I have grown tired of the loud part of the community just looking down on others.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I hate lfr.
    /10char

This sort of attitude expressed publicly is a stain on the raiding community and anyone who agrees with it. It's the sort of thing that pushes raiding deeper and deeper into its niche from which it becomes increasingly difficult for it to thrive without something like Raid Finder in the mix to prop it up.
    Yes, the attitude that people who want to do content that is far too difficult for them should put effort into becoming better is toxic.

Meanwhile, I also expect that my doctors are capable of diagnosing illness and that my surgeons are capable of not killing me while operating. I'm perfectly fine with those fields being highly exclusive because some random kid off the street who wants to become a doctor or a surgeon should rightfully have to climb a mountain to prove themselves willing to excel in their field and as competent in general.

In the same vein, I also hate the public sentiment that so many people put forward these days that "anyone can X." Anyone can be a programmer, anyone can be a mythic raider. The problem isn't that "anyone" is wrong. It's true that most people probably could. The problem is that it promotes apathy and lethargy. If anyone can do it, it's trivial, and it requires little effort or practice. You won't find people striving to join a professional sports league just sitting around on the couch watching TV and thinking "oh yeah, being the best QB in the NFL is easy, and having a .500 BA in MLB would be easy, I could easily do that." No, they're out on the field every day exercising and practicing to make that reality possible for them. People who want to be good programmers don't just read a 2 page tutorial on SomeWebsiteThatWantsTrafficForAds.com, they're reading theory books, hacking out projects, learning languages, participating in communities, and otherwise doing the exact same thing -- exercising to improve themselves to the point that they can actually do what's needed of a competent programmer. The same is true of raiding and anything else. The mythic raiders who are competent enough and capable enough to kill bosses while they're relevant aren't just sitting around thinking "oh yeah I'll just hit a queue button and then all the bosses will fall over." They're learning their spec, practicing, grinding out content, pushing their ilvl, learning fights before they ever attempt them, and actively improving their play in a dozen ways. Practicing so they are ready and capable of doing what they want to do.

To sum up the failure of this thread: gear in LFR doesn't matter. LFR itself doesn't matter. It's not raiding, and it isn't difficult enough for people to have some obstacle to overcome, so nobody will ever improve from it. The reason I hate LFR is because it promotes this complacency. If you want to raid, if you want to play this game outside of standing around in your Garrison or Dalaran, you should have something in your way, forcing you to beat it and be better. What's the point of a video game where you never have an obstacle? Why not just turn on TV and veg out on the couch?

Lfr plebs, peasants, nubs, vermin etc.... got to love this community. I feel sorry for the poor bastards that start subbing to this game due to the movie.

Blizz did follow your wishes at one point dear try-hard's and wannabe's that will never belong among the elite you consider yourselves to be, it gave us the single worst expansion and largest content drought we've ever experienced.
    If they do it again, we end up with another wildstar, a 2 server backwater MMO that is slowly dying like the decrepit piece of shit it is.

small % Mythic elite , larger % Heroic / normal raiders, largest % LFR players... give the LFR crowd a carrot ( tier gear ) keep them subbed.
    Subbed longer = more cash for the developer = more content. Everyone benefits,
    And because the Hc / Norm raiders might up their game but some of the LFR raiders might wish to up their game as well, we keep fresh blood online for guild recruitment.
    In turn ( yet again ) having them apply in 4 set's gives a more realistic and faster view on an applicants potential.

Just for fucking once, look past your own agenda for a second, and realize what is actually beneficial to the game in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    What's the point of a video game where you never have an obstacle? Why not just turn on TV and veg out on the couch?
    To just have fun? Not everything needs to be some top tier challenge. Believe it or not some people play games just to chill and enjoy themselves. Also I love how you ignored what MoanaLisa said and at the same time proved there point.

Fucken priceless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Lfr plebs, peasants, nubs, vermin etc.... got to love this community. I feel sorry for the poor bastards that start subbing to this game due to the movie.
    Sadly I agree. New blood would be great for WoW but there is no way in hell I can recommend anyone to play it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To just have fun? Not everything needs to be some top tier challenge. Believe it or not some people play games just to chill and enjoy themselves. Also I love how you ignored what MoanaLisa said and at the same time proved there point.

Fucken priceless.
    I also have fun sitting around watching paint dry.

By the way, I hear Polygon is hiring "gamers" to play games for their reviews. You might want to hit them up.

That's probably because you've been huffing the fumes.

Good you go do that and stop given a shit about what LFR raiders get.

Once again you keep proving the point MoanaLisa was making and its fucken priceless.

By the way, I hear Polygon is hiring "gamers" to play games for their reviews. You might want to hit them up.
    Love the edited in insult. You think because you mite raid Mythic your some hot shot gamer?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-30 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Good you go do that and stop given a shit about what LFR raiders get.

Once again you keep proving the point MoanaLisa was making and its fucken priceless.
    I'm glad you still can't read.

I'm glad you still can't read.
    Good one are you going to make a mama joke next? Bringing out the classic's are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post

Blizz did follow your wishes at one point dear try-hard's and wannabe's that will never belong among the elite you consider yourselves to be, it gave us the single worst expansion and largest content drought we've ever experienced.
    If they do it again, we end up with another wildstar, a 2 server backwater MMO that is slowly dying like the decrepit piece of shit it is.

small % Mythic elite , larger % Heroic / normal raiders, largest % LFR players... give the LFR crowd a carrot ( tier gear ) keep them subbed.
    Subbed longer = more cash for the developer = more content. Everyone benefits,
    And because the Hc / Norm raiders might up their game but some of the LFR raiders might wish to up their game as well, we keep fresh blood online for guild recruitment.
    In turn ( yet again ) having them apply in 4 set's gives a more realistic and faster view on an applicants potential.

Just for fucking once, look past your own agenda for a second, and realize what is actually beneficial to the game in the long run.
    They already have a carrot, the gear you get in LFR is 40 ilev higher then is needed to beat it! how is that not good enough.
    By your standards heroic 5 mans should also give tier in that they are harder then LFR.
    I just don't get why LFR should reward the best set bonuses in game and even sometimes the best looking colour of the tier for doing nothing, either AFKing or randomly mashing keys while standing in fire that doesn't even hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    To sum up the failure of this thread: gear in LFR doesn't matter. LFR itself doesn't matter. It's not raiding, and it isn't difficult enough for people to have some obstacle to overcome, so nobody will ever improve from it. The reason I hate LFR is because it promotes this complacency. If you want to raid, if you want to play this game outside of standing around in your Garrison or Dalaran, you should have something in your way, forcing you to beat it and be better. What's the point of a video game where you never have an obstacle? Why not just turn on TV and veg out on the couch?
    Some people play video games to relax and have fun. Frankly, playing WoW is not a test of your manhood or whatever. Surprisingly enough it's not a self-improvement program either. That is there if you wish it but many have different priorities. It's a big game; as long as people are enjoying themselves they're not doing anything wrong. Even when it's not difficult I find visiting a world different than our own and participating in a collective story that unfolds over time a hell of a lot more stimulating and exciting than vegging on the couch. In the greater scheme of a full life video games don't much matter either. They are there to entertain and sometimes distract from the real world; a world of work, struggle and overcoming hardships that you seem to thrive on. Fine. If that's your thing go, have fun.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-05-31 at 01:12 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Who gives a flying fuck what joe blow from idaho has or does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Mind explaining how Carl Willford in Texas who got his 4p in lfr and plays 3 hours a week will hurt you and your personal progress?
    It's not about hurting personal progress, it's about hurting the game.

Nobody complained about "no content" back in Vanilla, because there was a large time dedication to get into raiding and actually clear raids.

Now? You can hit 100 and immediately jump into the LFR queue and start doing raids. In under a week you can clear every single WoD raid on LFR.

Content is being cleared way too quickly, and that's creating a feeling of "no content". Hence the droves of people whining about "omg no content blizz suxxxxx" on the forums.

Some people play video games to relax and have fun. Frankly, playing WoW is not a test of your manhood or whatever. Surprisingly enough it's not a self-improvement program either. That is there if you wish it but many have different priorities. It's a big game; as long as people are enjoying themselves they're not doing anything wrong. Even when it's not difficult I find visiting a world different than our own and participating in a collective story that unfolds over time a hell of a lot more stimulating and exciting than vegging on the couch. In the greater scheme of a full life video games don't much matter either. They are there to entertain and sometimes distract from the real world; a world of work, struggle and overcoming hardships that you seem to thrive on. Fine. If that's your thing go, have fun.
    Most of the try-hards here won't understand this or will just plain refuse to see the common sense behind your post.

I used to like hard raiding. It was fun for that point in my life. now I just like to tinker around in-game basically doing LFR and maybe subbing in for guild runs once in a blue moon. LFR having legit tier hurts no one but the try-hards that need to feel superior over somebody. It's actually sad that people feel this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Most of the try-hards here won't understand this or will just plain refuse to see the common sense behind your post.

I used to like hard raiding. It was fun for that point in my life. now I just like to tinker around in-game basically doing LFR and maybe subbing in for guild runs once in a blue moon. LFR having legit tier hurts no one but the try-hards that need to feel superior over somebody. It's actually sad that people feel this way.
    This old fallacy again.

LFR hurts the raiding community as new people have no incentive to do organised raiding, these people would otherwise thoroughly enjoy organised raiding if they ever stepped into it. It hurts the Normal/Heroic guilds, the 'try-hard' mythic raiders aren't even affected by it.