Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    When you can't directly supervise her, keep her in her crate. Chewing the walls sounds like a nervous thing.
    Maybe, thing is, I can't supervise her 24/7. So I can't justify leaving her in the crate all day and night. What gets me is, she just started chewing the walls like a day or 2 ago. We've had her for about a year now. So I don't know what her deal is.

Just an FYI, I have 2 kids, they do play with her, quite a bit. No one else is in the house to yell at her / hurt her. She's very friendly, loves to play all the time. We do walk her, she has a fenced in backyard. I honestly am not sure what is causing the nervous thing. My mother in law was here a few days to visit, she just left as of yesterday. I know she made friends with her, but I don't think it should of been a big of enough of an issue for her to be nervous over.
    Last edited by Demona3; 2016-05-31 at 02:03 AM.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    If shady is being nervous by having to pass a huge dog looking straight at you...
    You are the problem here, not the dogs. I run regularly along a road with dogs at most houses, some not on leashes. The big dogs will run up beside me, I pet them, then they reach a spot that they turn around and go home. I've run in brand new places and encountered brand new dogs, never had a problem with a big dog. You saying that chihuahuas never bug you leads me to believe that you're just scared of big dogs and are thus making up lies. It's very well known that little dogs are much more aggressive and bothersome to strangers.

Also saying that their owners are busy "jerking off" just because you're running is some narcissistic bullshit, which fits with the rest of your post lol.

Just ignore them... If you go that close to a large dog that growls at you, then you're asking for trouble. And don't do what Caesar Milan does. He uses flooding methods that can long-term harm a dog and make the problem worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Well dogs are just domesticated wolves...

You seem to be taking something out on large dogs, dogs don't give a shit about you (unless they belong to you) and you're probably just a passing stimuli.
    Dogs are NOT domesticated wolves. Wolves and dogs share a much older common ancestor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    Do you have a dog? If so, please put him outside for a day, Or even in another room in your house with his food, water and bed. See how long it takes for him to ask to be back by your side again, WITH HIS PACK.
    I've had dogs all my life. You're confusing loyalty with pack mentality. This theory has been tested time and again. Dogs form loose associations not packs. You cannot treat a dog like a wolf which does form actual packs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Maybe, thing is, I can't supervise her 24/7. So I can't justify leaving her in the crate all day and night. What gets me is, she just started chewing the walls like a day or 2 ago. We've had her for about a year now. So I don't know what her deal is.

Just an FYI, I have 2 kids, they do play with her, quite a bit. No one else is in the house to yell at her / hurt her. She's very friendly, loves to play all the time. We do walk her, she has a fenced in backyard. I honestly am not sure what is causing the nervous thing. My mother in law was here a few days to visit, she just left as of yesterday. I know she made friends with her, but I don't think it should of been a big of enough of an issue for her to be nervous over.
    Did you try a vet? We had a dog with a severe inner ear infection that started chewing couches up. Soon as it cleared up she stopped.
    "Well shit, ya'll have fun now"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you might be paranoid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    He isn't illegal, he's an American citizen.
    And he wasn't illegal when he started his tv career.

We can question or criticize his methods, but his legal status has nothing to do with anything.
    He is one now. But he came here illegally and got work as a dog trainer with NO prior experience or training. His charismatic personality is the only thing that kept him "alive" and allowed him to gain celebrety status by helping celebrities of all people, train their dogs. Of course rich people are the first ones to use illegals.

Any other person would have been deported. But because he was likable he was given a free pass.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    You're lucky it wasn't me you encountered, punk

Dogs can smell your fear. On top of that if you come running towards them or their owner they will feel the need to protect their master. One more thing Jackie, if the dogs are hunting breeds they will tend to watch anything quick because it's in their nature to chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    He is one now. But he came here illegally and got work as a dog trainer with NO prior experience or training. His charismatic personality is the only thing that kept him "alive" and allowed him to gain celebrety status by helping celebrities of all people, train their dogs. Of course rich people are the first ones to use illegals.

Any other person would have been deported. But because he was likable he was given a free pass.
    Who the fuck cares? Honestly you just sound like a hater, no other way to put it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Sounds like you are the problem, not the dogs.
    Agreed. I hae two big dogs, and they love everybody...that isn't an obvious shady douche. What's that tell ya, OP?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Crate train her.
    Terrible advice. While crate training is a good thing it's not going to solve the actual problem which seems to be a very bored dog. Destructive dogs are almost always dogs that do not get enough physical and mental exercise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyDrood View Post
    As soon as they growl - they need to be taken away to another room as punishment. You'll sit down, relax, be normal. The handler will bring the dog back into the room... if they start growling it's back to another room and repeat. Keep some treats in hand to reward them when they stop growling or barking and to let them know you're good.

- That owner needs to take control of their dogs, right now the dogs are being dominate and taking over!
    SMH. Where on earth did you learn this? Growling isn't dominance. It's communication. Never punish a dog for expressing its feelings the only way it can.

I love the animal lovers in here. It's a fucking dog, not a person, jesus.

@OP, I feel ya. I've noticed (at least in my area) an epic ton of people taking dogs in places don't allow dogs. I'm talking all big box stores (WalMart, etc), gas stations, etc. Don't get me wrong, it is usually the people who think it's acceptable to wear pajamas when they are out on the town, but still.

The worst part, you can't do anything about it because they might be "service animals". Like, a service animal for depression? Siezures? What in the fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I love the animal lovers in here. It's a fucking dog, not a person, jesus.
    Whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Who the fuck cares? Honestly you just sound like a hater, no other way to put it.
    Because I love dogs and he's done more harm to them than good due to his popularity and TV celebrity status. His methods are dangerous and out dated and he's even been filmed abusing animals but gets away with it because he's got money. So yeah you're damn right I don't like him. I hate any animal abuser.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Sounds like you are the problem, not the dogs.
    pretty much, stop being such a pussy and the dogs will stop seeing you as potential prey.
    same goes for a fair portion of wildlife.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.

Quote Originally Posted by COOL ONLINE DOG View Post
    Whats your point?
    The point is people refer to their animals as "my son" or "my kid(s)". The point is that people think animals deserve some sort of "rights", as if they are on par or even above humans or something.

The worst part, you can't do anything about it because they might be "service animals". Like, a service animal for depression? Siezures? What in the fuck.
    dogs actually can detect when a person is showing the precursors for a seizure and warn them.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.

Deleted
    The point is people refer to their animals as "my son" or "my kid(s)". The point is that people think animals deserve some sort of "rights", as if they are on par or even above humans or something.
    Animals definitely deserve some sort of rights dude. Or are you saying you'd be okay if it was legal to beat up and torture animals?

Usually depends on the breed and and how the owner treats them i suspect. Dogs confined to kennels or backyards rather than being with people are more likely to cause problems. Most big dogs like a Bernese mountain dog which i have the privilege of owning one named Ajax is very intelligent and can often sense people's emotions and body language. Maybe that has a part to play in it? Who knows. I say just acknowledge and reward the dog, 9 times out of 10 the dog is just excited to be out on a walk and loves to interact with people, especially children and other dogs.