Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That would come as a shock! LOL!
    I'd rather see Bernie cave in to Hillary, then he will lose independent voters. If Bernie runs as a third party, he'll take votes from Hilary.

Think she will allow it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    I'd rather see Bernie cave in to Hillary, then he will lose independent voters. If Bernie runs as a third party, he'll take votes from Hilary.

Think she will allow it?
    I want to know why everyone seems to think Bernie could, would, or should go third party? The guy hates the policies of Republicans... He is also not an idiot... He would hurt no one other than his own supporters by running third party...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I want to know why everyone seems to think Bernie could, would, or should go third party? The guy hates the policies of Republicans... He is also not an idiot... He would hurt no one other than his own supporters by running third party...
    Yes I know.

Please steal voters from Hilary, Bernie.

We believe in you!

McCain would be the best possible pick from this guy and McCain would probably hate to see Trump at the head of his party so he may just do it. Kristol wanted to spin off a part of the Republican party that didn't rely on the south or religion, so he's probably hoping to make that happen here. Good luck to him I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would he give a nod to a Green Party candidate? The Green Party is basically 95% the same as the Democratic Party?

The guy hates Trump, so a Green Party candidate can literally only hurt his position by taking votes away from the Democrat running?
    Kristol is a neocon. Why would he call a libertarian "impressive?"

Deleted
    I honestly don't know of a more disgusting person in politics as far as face + demeanor goes than Bill Kristol. He's got one of those faces that just absolutely beg cracking open with an aluminium baseball bat.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-05-31 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I honestly don't know of a more disgusting person in politics as far as face + demeanor goes than Bill Kristol. He's got those faces that just absolutely beg cracking open with an aluminium baseball bat.
    Well maybe Kristol just wants a conservative party minus the skinheads. Whereas Milo, Breitbart, and the alt right dont mind crossover with stormfront.

A part Gorilla Ralph Nader/Ross Perot hybrid.

If it were Romney, for example... He could probably win Massachusetts away from Hillary...
    Not unless the definition of "probably" got changed to "not a snowball's chance in Hell" and nobody bothered to tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Isn't it not possible to get on the ballot for the general election at this point?
    Maybe. I remember reading a thing that if they wanted to get on the ballot they'd have to sign up before the california primary, (which is why bernie can't run as a third party). The CA primary is coming up soon.

Would it really be that difficult to get two third-party candidates of roughly equal stature on opposite sides to agree to enter the race simultaneously?

It's probably Gary Johnson as others have said. He's polling very well lately by 3rd party standards and he's a good protest vote for military/Mormons/more accepting of gays republicans. It's an easy out not to vote for trump or Clinton.

Gary Johnson has recently polled about 10% in a 3 way race against Trump and Clinton, though largely as a protest vote I believe. Though his vote count could increase if he got more publicity and a place on the debate.

I doubt Bill Kristol would find Gary Johnson "Impressive" though, While fiscally very conservative, he is socially liberal, and quite dovish

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody.

The GOP has finally come to accept that Trump now speaks for too much of, possibly the majority of, their voter base. Maybe some of them went home that day and cried themselves to sleep, but they know no other Rep has a shot at taking both Trump and Clinton down at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Nobody.

The GOP has finally come to accept that Trump now speaks for too much of, possibly the majority of, their voter base. Maybe some of them went home that day and cried themselves to sleep, but they know no other Rep has a shot at taking both Trump and Clinton down at the same time.
    I don't think they want to necessarily beat Trump and Clinton. They want to split the R vote enough to put a globalist puppet (clinton) in the whitehouse. See 1992 with bush/clinton/perot. perot ran as an independant and siphoned enough votes from the incumbent republican, and bush lost re-election -- clinton never would have won otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark01gt View Post
    I don't think they want to necessarily beat Trump and Clinton. They want to split the R vote enough to put a globalist puppet (clinton) in the whitehouse. See 1992 with bush/clinton/perot. perot ran as an independant and siphoned enough votes from the incumbent republican, and bush lost re-election -- clinton never would have won otherwise.
    I think it's more that the political insiders want to protect their power. Republican insiders care more about personal power and prestige, than party power and control. They're concerned that a Trump presidency means the end of their power and prestige within both the party and the among the Washington inner circles. They'd prefer to be a permanent minority party if it means they can still keep the party of old.

So let's see. We have a republican party that's primarily for Trump and a completely fractured (as in basically 50/50 split on average) democratic party. Now we want to introduce a third-party candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If Romney runs as a third party candidate, Hillary will be our next president.
    as if she has any chance of beating trump. give me a break.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You mean another third-party candidate? The Libertarians announced Gary Johnson as their candidate a couple days back.
    Yea, I kinda flubbed on that. :P

Since this is a policitcal thread, I figure no harm in asking but for something as "sacred" as our elections, in the US of course, why do we not go by the popular vote? I know the whole point of the EC but doesn't that point go out the window when it's based on the popular vote, as in whoever gets the most votes, wins?

Secondly, and again for something as "sacred" as our elections, why is there not some national rules for the parties to follow? Instead we let the two parties, in EACH STATE make their own rules for primaries or caucuses, some have caucuses, some primaries... then we get all crazy and go with delegates and super-delegates and we expect citizens to really "care" about the whole process?

I know people like to complain when people say "my vote doesn't count", but it literally doesn't. Now, if it was indeed based on the popular vote than everyones vote does count.

OPRAH! Its Oprah! Oprah! Its Oprah! Is it Oprah? OPRAH! OPRAH! ITS OPRAH! Its Oprah! Ooh ooh! Ooh! OPRAH! Its Oprah! Oprah! Its Oprah! Is it Oprah? OPRAH! OPRAH! ITS OPRAH! Its Oprah! Ooh ooh! Ooh! OPRAH! Its Oprah! Oprah! Its Oprah! Is it Oprah? OPRAH! OPRAH! ITS OPRAH! Its Oprah! Ooh ooh! Ooh! OPRAH! Its Oprah! Oprah! Its Oprah! Is it Oprah? OPRAH! OPRAH! ITS OPRAH! Its Oprah! Ooh ooh! Ooh! OPRAH! Its Oprah! Oprah! Its Oprah! Is it Oprah? OPRAH! OPRAH! ITS OPRAH! Its Oprah! Ooh ooh! Ooh! OPRAH! Its Oprah! Oprah! Its Oprah! Is it Oprah? OPRAH! OPRAH! ITS OPRAH! Its Oprah! Ooh ooh! Ooh! OPRAH! Its Oprah! Oprah! Its Oprah! Is it Oprah? OPRAH! OPRAH! ITS OPRAH! Its Oprah! Ooh ooh! Ooh! OPRAH! Its Oprah! Oprah! Its Oprah! Is it Oprah? OPRAH! OPRAH! ITS OPRAH! Its Oprah! Ooh ooh! Ooh! OPRAH! Its Oprah! Oprah! Its Oprah! Is it Oprah? OPRAH! OPRAH! ITS OPRAH! Its Oprah! Ooh ooh! Ooh!