Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Lol, get off your high horse.

I didn't come to the thread complaining.
    I don't have the expectation of seeing it in WoD, Legion nor the expansion after.
    I was just wondering what happened to it.
    There are plenty of reasons Blizzard could give that'd make me go "oh, that makes sense", but some I'd call bullshit.
    I guess if they ever go about the idea again it will be if they find a purpose beyond pure cosmetics for it, but that's probably not gonna happen soon.

Just saddens me that Ret/Prot, for example, get the shaft on Librams hanging from their waist.
    again we allready know what happened to it, that they were removed in favour of artifacts...
    they made a video of a interveiw after legions announcement about how the artifacts are replacing these acsessories
    also no Ret and Prot have never really used librams like the holy, can you find me some art of a prot/ret paladin in the lore with a libram? (or book lore)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Some players will always whine, but the issue is that Blizzard used to stay quiet and only share sure-stuff, then started sharing unsure-stuff, and then justifying it, and then started becoming afraid to share again...

If Blizzard just kept communicating ideas or concepts they're working on, they'd make players get used to it.
    I'm not sure how you can deny that no matter what Blizzard does, someone will be very vocal about hating it. If 11 years of this game hasn't taught you that, I guess you aren't ever going to learn it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    again we allready know what happened to it, that they were removed in favour of artifacts...
    they made a video of a interveiw after legions announcement about how the artifacts are replacing these acsessories
    also no Ret and Prot have never really used librams like the holy, can you find me some art of a prot/ret paladin in the lore with a libram? (or book lore)
    Check the Draenei (Maraad?) in the Burning Crusade cinematic.
    Check Paladins in Warcraft 3, such as Arthas and Uther Lightbringer.

There's nothing wrong with Holy being the only spec to get a Libram Artifact.

But that doesn't change the fact that the concept of Librams in connected to the whole Paladin class.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-05-31 at 02:47 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I'm not sure how you can deny that no matter what Blizzard does, someone will be very vocal about hating it. If 11 years of this game hasn't taught you that, I guess you aren't ever going to learn it.
    have you seen the forums of people hating on the new wardrobe cause they dont unlock every single item from every quest they ever do? wether they can equip it or not

15+ Year Old Account
    have you seen the forums of people hating on the new wardrobe cause they dont unlock every single item from every quest they ever do? wether they can equip it or not
    There will always be whining.
    But I'm talking about the kind of whining that becomes "heavy" enough that Blizzard feels like "addressing".
    I think if Blizzard more often shared ideas they're working on, and ideas they worked on but ditched, etc, there would be less "heavy whining".

The normal whining will never stop.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!

first off it was a concept, and 2 of them here, libram is baked into holy, and quiver is baked into MM hunter, and that bag, we now have belts with alot more stuff on them, like blades, bunch of small bags, actual buckles, so that isnt needed anymore
    Indeed.
    It was described as a concept.

I really don't accept the excuse of "baking" them into Artifacts.
    Postponing them due to Artifacts, sure.

The Libram used by Holy is held in the off-hand.
    It has little to do with the Libram all Paladins specs deserve, which is meant to hang from the waist, bound to a chain.

Justifications I accept are:
    - Blizzard hasn't figured out a proper accessory for each class that feels meaningful for all specs
    - Blizzard has realized that with the focus on "spec identity" in Legion, certain classes will need more than 1 accessory
    (Quiver for Survival Hunter doesn't make sense anymore).
    - Blizzard is trying to give accessories a meaningful beyond mere cosmetics.
    It is possible the artifact implementations are an experiment, a smaller less resource intensive version.
    The wardrobe offers a lot of potential options there, so it makes sense that some major parts of the framework get a trialling first before overhauling all of it at once.

But I'm talking about the kind of whining that becomes "heavy" enough that Blizzard feels like "addressing".
    I think if Blizzard more often shared ideas they're working on, and ideas they worked on but ditched, etc, there would be less "heavy whining".

There would be more whining, not less.
    Players have repeatedly proven that anything shared by blizzard will be taken as a "promise", regardless of how it was presented or described.
    With any changes no matter the reason behind them being cited as promises being broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Indeed.
    It was described as a concept.

It is possible the artifact implementations are an experiment, a smaller less resource intensive version.
    The wardrobe offers a lot of potential options there, so it makes sense that some major parts of the framework get a trialling first before overhauling all of it at once.

Players have repeatedly proven that anything shared by blizzard will be taken as a "promise", regardless of how it was presented or described.
    With any changes no matter the reason behind them being cited as promises being broken.
    yeah, and 2/3 of the examples they use are part of the artifacts

i dont think its less resource... its probably more... but eh, depends how in depth they would go with the accessories

exactly... like faralohn, where at blizzcon they said LITTERALLY SHIT ALL about it, and just said "we might make farahlon and ogre empire" did not show any screenshots, not even WIP NOT EVEN CONCEPT ART and yet people said blizz promised...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That's a case where "bruteforcing" actually solves the issue.
    That escalating whining happens because Blizzard has done announcements only at certain occasions.
    If Blizzard shared stuff ALL the time, the whole "broken promise" whining would just stop being taken seriously.

That's a case where "bruteforcing" actually solves the issue.
    That escalating whining happens because Blizzard has done announcements only at certain occasions.
    If Blizzard shared stuff ALL the time, the whole "broken promise" whining would just stop being taken seriously.
    That whining is exactly why blizzard do not share stuff more.
    To borrow a relevant quote, "This is why we can't have nice things".
    When someone is accused of lying repeatedly then they will be less willing to communicate.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Some got baked into artifacts, i think the real deal will come in the next expac now that we have 3d armors

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Standard blizz MO, announce features then have them mysteriously vanish

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Standard blizz MO, announce features then have them mysteriously vanish
    they dident announce it, they said it was a possability, and it even is in the game... so fuck off

pretty obvious this is basically been turned into artifact weapons.

it was an idea, and ideas change.

Those we're concept drawings nothing more.

I want a backpack or a jet pack, not a dumb cloak! C'mon!

What happened to them?

if they give paladins the libram spot back ill worry about it.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Man, seeing the quiver and ammo boxes brought back memories.

No, case in point, here you are bitching about an idea that was shared as a concept.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    No, case in point, here you are bitching about an idea that was shared as a concept.
    Asking what happened is bitching?
    I hope you get better soon :S

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    if they give paladins the libram spot back ill worry about it.
    By spot you mean the "relic" slot?
    Accessories apparently were going to have an "on use" effect, froim the concept art, but with the Legendaries, Necklaces and Artifacts we get in Legion, I guess that idea is probably shut down.
    If anything I'd like the cosmetic aspect of those accessories, to reinforce flavor on classes.
    Maybe one day I'll be able to have a Libram at my waist as a Retribution or Protection paladin.
    Legion will not be that "day", though

Asking what happened is bitching?
    I hope you get better soon :S
    No, saying "I don't accept it being part of artifacts" is bitching. Not sure what I need to get better from.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    No, saying "I don't accept it being part of artifacts" is bitching. Not sure what I need to get better from.
    It's not bitching, it's an opinion. Do you even context? :P
    It's simply not an acceptable explanation for me -> I don't swallow bullshit.
    Postponing it due to artifacts taking "most" of the roles accessories were going to have, is perfectly fine.
    Using Artifacts as an excuse for permanently denying Ret & Prot of cosmetic waist Librams, is not.
    Thought process shared -> opinion -> not bitching.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-05-31 at 04:58 AM.