Current State of Vengeance

Since I don't have beta access, I was wondering how Vengeance is currently performing. I am looking to tank in Legion and would love to hear some input on the current state of Vengeance.

thanks!

Currently, its fun......But after the past few patchs, I'm at 800 ilvl at level 110, I am getting wrecked by aoe mob pulls in 2-3 seconds after pull due to several nerfs that happed last build(Damage reduction by armor was stealth nerfed, Demon spikes artifact of 50% parry down to 30% parry for first 3 seconds of Demon Spikes). This doesn't mean it won't change by live. But as of this build, its almost unplayable.(builds happen every Thursday)

I also think that healers are also having to relearn how to heal tanks and with Vengeance being squishy, plus vengeance tanks aren't experienced it makes things even harder to get right.

Quote Originally Posted by billymayz View Post
    Currently, its fun......But after the past few patchs, I'm at 800 ilvl at level 110, I am getting wrecked by aoe mob pulls in 2-3 seconds after pull due to several nerfs that happed last build(Damage reduction by armor was stealth nerfed, Demon spikes artifact of 50% parry down to 30% parry for first 3 seconds of Demon Spikes). This doesn't mean it won't change by live. But as of this build, its almost unplayable.(builds happen every Thursday)
    I think your issue may be more related to your ilvl than the class. Do some world quests and build up to 820/830 and see how you go.
    Definitely a bit squishier than some other tanks, but by no means is it even close to unplayable.

Don't be afraid to use your mobility defensively at lower gear levels. Especially for trash packs. Infernal strike can provide some much needed time for your healer to get you topped off, also your orbs can be picked up if for whatever reason you're fury starved.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrex87 View Post
    I think your issue may be more related to your ilvl than the class. Do some world quests and build up to 820/830 and see how you go.
    Definitely a bit squishier than some other tanks, but by no means is it even close to unplayable.
    Your talent choices can do a great deal to determine how well you perform versus a problem as well. Demon Hunter is almost exclusively self healing in the current build so controlling how and when those heals are used will dictate your survivablity. Using Blade Turning over Fracture feels like night and day for Dungeon Trash on Beta currently.

Armor wasn't stealth nerfed, it was in the notes. If you are 800 ilvl then you are either doing normal dungeons or are trying to do heroics while being under geared. If the former then that's a gameplay issue since you overgear the content. If it's the latter then you are undergeared and shouldn't be over pulling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by II Twisted II View Post
    Since I don't have beta access, I was wondering how Vengeance is currently performing. I am looking to tank in Legion and would love to hear some input on the current state of Vengeance.

thanks!
    As far as the current state, things are changing often so it's hard to make a choice for legion since tuning is going on. Currently they are one of the weaker tanks but definitely not unplayable. Wait and see what timing hapens. I highly doubt that it stays as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrex87 View Post
    Was in normal dungeons, part of it is being paired with a lvl 100 healer when your a 110 tank with how scaling works. The other part is its very spiky. If you do not have demon spikes up, it hurts. At current GL I could not see stacking Crit to try to gain a couple Parry at the cost of increasing my downtime for Demon spikes as well as dropping mastery for either haste or crit.

On boss pulls, you have a fair amount of options to reduce or negate some mechanics, but on some of the AOE trash pulls.......its sketchy at best, especially if you are running with a paladin healer with no HOTS/bubbles

Note this is before the changes to the talent tree, which did kill off the setup I was running completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Armor wasn't stealth nerfed, it was in the notes. If you are 800 ilvl then you are either doing normal dungeons or are trying to do heroics while being under geared. If the former then that's a gameplay issue since you overgear the content. If it's the latter then you are undergeared and shouldn't be over pulling.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as the current state, things are changing often so it's hard to make a choice for legion since tuning is going on. Currently they are one of the weaker tanks but definitely not unplayable. Wait and see what timing hapens. I highly doubt that it stays as it is.

This doesn't mean it won't change by live. But as of this build, its almost unplayable.(builds happen every Thursday) Hence this statement

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The stealth nerf has to deal with armor calculations based off agility that were not listed in that build. Most of the guildies who were also DH tanks did screenshotting before the patch, read the notes, then looked at it afterwards and noticed their armor dropped without anything in those current patch notes listing it.

Deleted
    DH tank is fine, I haven't tanked as one a couple of patches but the feeling of exploding is mutual for all tanks, the game is changed.
    With that said, DH is fine, but its the most reactive tank in the game, moreso than Blood DK. I'm going to main a DK and alt the DH, simply because I love the aesthetics, the glaives and the lore of the class. Always loved Glaives, always will.

With that said, I feel DH is not a bad tank, and it is kind of fun with how much interaction you have with the last few patches and the changes they brought in, before that it was a bit more stale, but still fun.

EDIT;
    You should however ask someone more in tune with the changes and feel, I'm going by reading notes and changes, and following the discussion in the Vengeance thread, and it seems pretty solid with what I think, and how they say it does feel. Its interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    DH tank is fine, I haven't tanked as one a couple of patches but the feeling of exploding is mutual for all tanks, the game is changed.
    With that said, DH is fine, but its the most reactive tank in the game, moreso than Blood DK. I'm going to main a DK and alt the DH, simply because I love the aesthetics, the glaives and the lore of the class. Always loved Glaives, always will.

With that said, I feel DH is not a bad tank, and it is kind of fun with how much interaction you have with the last few patches and the changes they brought in, before that it was a bit more stale, but still fun.
    In the last 2 patches they have lost 40% parry for 3 seconds of demon spikes from artifact weapon, armor has went down due to a bug, magic reduction on demon spikes is gone, fracture and feed the demon are now in the same talent tier. they have changed quite a bit

Deleted
    The changes to talent shuffle were a bug, as stated by celestalon. The rest is just tuning, doesn't change fun in any way.

Deleted
    Last Resort is just 3.0-3.1 Ardent Defender from Paladin which we know is OP as hell, so i wonder if this will survive till the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    The changes to talent shuffle were a bug, as stated by celestalon. The rest is just tuning, doesn't change fun in any way.
    That only pertained to DK's is what he said. There's an official Blue post about how every one else's talent shuffle is very much intended.

Deleted
    Oh, missed that. Interesting then