Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Gonna stop you right there. It did *NOTHING* for player retention, the game was newer back then [hence why it was slow] and even in those days 60 was just an obstacle. You hit 60, you join a guild and you raided and later on you PvP'd (since honor didn't come until March '05).
    And I'll stop you right there, and urge you to research how many players even got to max level back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Ask yourself why people would want a longer leveling experience? Then take a moment to realize that endgame content (for every expansion, not vanilla) has always been the deciding factor as to whether people play or quit. People have never quit playing during an expansion or kept playing during an expansion because of leveling content.
    Since leveling has been reduced to an unbearably boring two-shot fest where 90% of your abilities doesn't matter, that shouldn't surprise anyone. Truly the game begins at maxlevel thanks to all the changes leveling has suffered. Now only at maxlevel can you find any sort of challenge in the game. Or rather, any risk of failure.
    Layers upon layers of blanket exp needed-to-level nerfs, alongside characters getting more and more powerful at lower levels. To the point where leveling is an insult to intelligence.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I fully agree with you, insertnamehere.