Page 46 of 138 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    let us be honest even if half the wow player base (not just current but all those who have ever played) decide to go see it for nostalgia/morbid curiosity the film is gonna make a mint regardless of quality.

5 reviews on a shite review site do not a flop make

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    bias OP 5 reviwes .. 2 of them are just well .. stupid reviwes with battlefield comparison .. ya totally legit .. you are such a dellusional being .. these reviews mean nothing .. what counts are legit viewers not that paid pro critics
    The movie is a flop. Nobody's talking about reviews or critics here. the Warcraft movie was a complete box office disaster. At an estimated 160mil budget it boxed 31mil. That's a gigantic flop.

The movie itself, however, may be good. I haven't seen it yet, I will in 2 days. The problem is that it's a video game movie, and those never gross high simply due to the fact that video gaming isn't a media that a lot of the older and some of the newer generation care about too much, at least not PC gaming. Furthermore in the video gaming industry there are so many other more popular games than WoW and the movie isn't really something many people will care about outside of WoW players and maybe just about as many non-WoW players. When you think about it, realistically it never would've gotten a good box officer opening.

Well, it's now up to 22 reviews, 18 rotten, 4 fresh. Not looking good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kri4o View Post
    The movie is a flop. Nobody's talking about reviews or critics here. the Warcraft movie was a complete box office disaster. At an estimated 160mil budget it boxed 31mil. That's a gigantic flop.

The movie itself, however, may be good. I haven't seen it yet, I will in 2 days. The problem is that it's a video game movie, and those never gross high simply due to the fact that video gaming isn't a media that a lot of the older and some of the newer generation care about too much, at least not PC gaming. Furthermore in the video gaming industry there are so many other more popular games than WoW and the movie isn't really something many people will care about outside of WoW players and maybe just about as many non-WoW players. When you think about it, realistically it never would've gotten a good box officer opening.
    Wait for all the numbers to come in. They made Warcraft release spread over a 2 month period all over the world and you won’t know if it’s a flop until at least mid June. It just released yesturday in the UK (30th, Monday) and 2 days before in France (27th, Friday). The US release is in 10 days so hold your horses before chopping Warcraft down. You can’t judge Warcraft on opening weekend really because it doesn’t have one international release date.
    Last edited by mmoc1647d17dd8; 2016-05-31 at 11:27 AM.

Those 31mil are for only 11 countries which don't include China and North America. Also it's only opening weekend numbers.

It takes a special kind of special to use a movies box office totals before it's released in over half the countries, including the ones that bring in most of the boxoffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AxellSlade View Post
    Well, it's now up to 22 reviews, 18 rotten, 4 fresh. Not looking good.
    Still with the RT judgment. It's bullshit, seeing as a large proportion of those reviews are middling rather than full on negative. RT is too binary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Still with the RT judgment. It's bullshit, seeing as a large proportion of those reviews are middling rather than full on negative. RT is too binary.
    Denial: it's not just a river in Egypt.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I have to say I enjoyed the movie, some differences from the lore (I am not the best on the lore but some changes are easy to spot) but a good movie for a Warcraft fan.

But the movie will have problem with the audience that have no experience of Warcraft.
    Take the introductions of characters as an example, it is basically their name and the role they have (warchief, king, guardian etc..).

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

10+ Year Old Account

Thick as two short planks.

10+ Year Old Account

You know nothing kri4o Snow. Those 31 million are only the revenue from a few countries in Europe from the first few days of their respective opening. It has been the number 1 opening in 19 out of 20 countries (number 2 in one of them) so far and has even broken records in some of those countries. It has been doing really well and general audiences have shown to like it. This movie will not flop if it keeps opening in the rest of the world with this amount of success.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-05-31 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    I highly doubt the movie will flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    Jelly in the belly,cause your mom didn't give you a money for a ticket?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Denial: it's not just a river in Egypt.
    I'm not denying squat. The film's average, and is consistently rated as average bar a couple of outliers either side. I'll probably enjoy it in the same way I enjoy other average films that get really shit ratings, like the Fast and the Furious.

Speaking of, that series really demonstrates how useless critical reviews are. Shit ratings for the first four films and then a sudden jump in the ratings for the next three without any objective increase in quality. All you see, is that suddenly everyone cottons on to the fact that they're big, dumb, popcorn selling car movies and decide to enjoy them as such, rather than castigating them for not being more. There is no objective reason whatsoever for the sudden massive jump in approval.
    Last edited by mmoc82e782b950; 2016-05-31 at 01:27 PM.

a bunch of my guild mates went to see it, and they were roaring maniacs when they came out of the cinema, it was that good, according to them ;-)

I never buy into critics reviews or ticket sells to judge a movie personally. I judge it with my eyes and ears only. So if it is good or bad is impossible for me until I see it. A flop on the other hand is based more on money it makes at the end. The at the end is a big part of the statement. Movies badget was in the ball park of 160 million US? It's at roughly 40 now with pretty limited countries on the lists showing. I don't have any doubts it will end up clearing 250ish plus from the box office before its all said and done just playing it safe (pure guess FYI). So yeah it won't be Jarassic World, Avatar, or The Force Awakens bomb shell box office smashes. But it will end up being an average flavor of the month movie. So a flop is a long shot. Unless flop means it's not top tier movie of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    I'm not denying squat. The film's average, and is consistently rated as average bar a couple of outliers either side. I'll probably enjoy it in the same way I enjoy other average films that get really shit ratings, like the Fast and the Furious.

Speaking of, that series really demonstrates how useless critical reviews are. Shit ratings for the first four films and then a sudden jump in the ratings for the next three without any objective increase in quality. All you see, is that suddenly everyone cottons on to the fact that they're big, dumb, popcorn selling car movies and decide to enjoy them as such, rather than castigating them for not being more. There is no objective reason whatsoever for the sudden massive jump in approval.
    Actually, the first four didn't embrace their silliness the way the last three have, which probably explains why people like the latter more, they don't even try to be believable anymore. To the point that maybe even critics see some resemblance of originality and style among the action.

But that's off-topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    You HAVE to be trolling. Please tell me you are. Because it's not even opened in the US yet much less finished its first run so talking about it not making its budget and profit is just... insane.

In case you're really just clueless... Box office is usually judged as the run of the movie ends (or tapers to just a few million a week). That will be probably 6-8 weeks after it opens in the US and other major markets open. The US opening is on the 10th of June. We'll have a very good indicator by its opening week performance and especially by the drop off for the second week

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont put much faith in rotten tomatoes, where anyone who hates a director can just rubbish the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?

1) Any shit publication that publishes "film reviews" can be on RT - which is why so many of the reviewers no one's ever heard of
    2) RT only covers US based reviews, look at the foreign reviews from all over Europe who mostly rated the movie 4/5
    3) A very large chunk of the WoW fans that I've see on twitter loved it

I guess online opinions matter more to you than forming your own, but whatever works for u man.