Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Seems like they want to expand on the idea of underwater zones to me with some of the new aquatic mounts coming out in legion. Vash'jir was pretty fun to level in for me and was something different.

Make a good Warcraft movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    A proper friends and family raid difficulty.

They are hilariously bad at catering to the average and below average skilled players who comprise the vast majority of their playerbase.
    this is about zones...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Of course, since they consider them second class players. And then they're like "well guys, we just lost half of the playerbase in 6 months... why?"
    this is about zones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Isn't Normal Raid the difficulty you're talking about? It's not very punishing, doesn't require any previous gear grind and is easy to fill with most people due to flexible scaling.

Hard for me to imagine something more of a "FnF raiding mode" than that.
    this is about zones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    We've gotten forests, deserts, underwater zones, snow zones, out of this world zones, swamps and everything in between.

What hasn't Blizzard done yet? What zones could Blizzard possibly do next that wouldn't be a repeat of what they've already done?
    well space, glacier, a WHOLE ZONE in the sky, and mabye a super dark forest, or super deep underwater to the point its super dark? idk there is not much more zone wise they can do

Release a good expansion since wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    We didn't have Arctic like zones. Or big underground cities.
    No arctic? What exactly was Northrend?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    To answer the actual question, I'm not really sure what they can do to be 'unique' in terms of zone design from this point. Vashj'ir was largely disliked, but it's one of the most unique zones in the game, IMO. Netherstorm is probably the second most unique, but it's kind of just a recoloured Hellfire Peninsula.
    The only thing they haven't fully fleshed out is an aerial zone. The one thing i wanted in WoD was to explore the cities in the sky in Skettis, and was really bummed we only got a short glimpse in one very short 5-man dungeon. But I get why they didn't - they didn't plan on having flying originally, and making a zone out of the sky city would require flying.

And, they could expand on what they've already done - like the shame of Gilneas, a beautiful city and style, that was abandoned. Gnomeregan could be expanded on in a big way. Azul Nerub is still there, under Northrend. Lots of unknown Titan facilities.

And, South Seas.

Urban, a zonewide city.

15+ Year Old Account
    Made outdoor content without flying that's actually engaging and entertaining. And what do ya know...in Legion, they still haven't.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Underground civilizations would be nice.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    A zone on the moon would be pretty cool. Lower gravity so you can jump higher/farther and some sort of oxygen management system. Wildstar has a moon zone like this and its pretty neat.

Just make up some lore about Titan something or another on the moon and that's why we have to go. Plus, moon archaeology would be sweet.

Sorry for being a part of thread derailment there.

On topic, I'd say one thing Blizzard has never done is a zone which in itself is a living being. I know that's specific, but it might be cool to, for example, have an entire zone like Nespirah, with even more interactions with the fact that you're inside an organism. Why not, it could be a huge Demon/Old God, and the whole zone is about destroying him from the inside.

Just for flavour, they could do a zone with a (spaghetti)Western/gold-rush style and theme.
    And add in (steam)trains for transport. Make something happen on transports for once? The Northrend airships were moving quest hubs, which could be applied to a multi-car train. The expansion of the train routes could be like the AQ/islands progression where all contribute to a common cause and there are incremental changes.

I thought of space and spaceships only to remember crashed spaceships and floating things over the nether was close. Maybe a low gravity moon or a spaceship with both gravity functions working and not working.

7+ Year Old Account
    heal the world

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Of course, since they consider them second class players. And then they're like "well guys, we just lost half of the playerbase in 6 months... why?"
    You have LFR, normal and HC. All of thoes are really easy and something your "friends and family" should clear with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I'd like to see actual forest zone, not just "well there's one tree every 100 meters, it's a forest!" like Elwynn etc. Actual dense forest, where you could just not see any sun or even sky, and definitely could not just run beeline through it. Some areas of Grizzly Hills are decent-looking scandinavian pine forests (though too clean, like there's harvesters going on every few years, cutting every second tree) but not enough.
    To me, Feralas is this - I love that zone.
    We don't have a whole zone like the Skywall, that would be cool - lots of big platforms floating in the clouds.
    During WoDs development, I thought Spires of Arak would be a very 'vertical' zone, with lots of winding paths up the spires, with caverns, bridges etc. Not how it turned out but I'd quite like a zone like that, but it'd be hell to navigate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    To me, Feralas is this - I love that zone.
    Yeah, Feralas gives you that desolate feeling where you are actually far away from the civilization (or at least it did before Cata) but i personally don't feel like it's a dense forest. There's few HUGE trees that block the sun, but practically it's just plains and rivers with some pillars here and there.

Now i started to think about all the wow "jungles" and wtf, how is Tanaan Jungle actually a jungle? There's like few small spots with palm-y trees and all other areas are just like some themepark areas, it only lacks a fence between them, that's how badly they fit in.

Maybe something like a huge floating platform in the sea, made from whatever they could find, like old ships houses etc, very rudimentary.

Or maybe something like this ? :

Mother pus bucket!

Normal raids are set up so they get easier the more people you take and are pretty tricky with only a small raid. This is the antithesis of a F+F design.

They are also designed with people who can effectively dps, heal, move etc in mind. i.e Not grandma and the kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this.

I think they simply don't understand exactly what skill level a F+F would have to be at to be viable.

That is a function of the raid mechanics not the necessarily the size of the raid. There are many mechanics that can't be repeatedly failed or have to be done correctly by at least one or two people. So as the group gets larger the amount of chances for those that cannot handle them to have to do it shrinks. They would have to rework boss mechanics completely for HFC to allow smaller groups to be able to fail forward.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Realistic huge zones, like forests size of a single continent maybe
    I wouldn't mind this if they actually let you fly. Part of the problem with flying was after BC there was no gate to it. Pay a little gold and fly all you want. In BC you had terrible flying, but if you could farm up the 5k you could soar through that sky at 280% speed.

In WOTLK it became a world where everyone flew once you hit 77 and instead of 280% being special 310% was special if you raided for some achievements. Later 310% became the norm. All the while the size of the zones have relatively stayed the same. Some of the later zones have some size, but with 310% flight speed all of the zones seem small.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A proper friends and family raid difficulty.

They are hilariously bad at catering to the average and below average skilled players who comprise the vast majority of their playerbase.
    Dude, the game is 90% about that now a days...