Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Throwing words like rape, aids and cancer around as jokes is pretty fucking sick in all honesty. Using phrases like "omg that is so aids", and "lol he got raped" are traits of a particular mindset, the mindset of a self-loving, insecure cretin who needs to diminish everyone else by branding them with words of weakness to make himself feel better.

Let me ask you, have you ever heard someone use those phrases who wasn't a petty, narcissistic fuckwad?
    Ah good. I can still say ebola then.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter134 View Post
    Oh okay. So the government should be able to imprison you for whatever? It's "their" country. Fuck out of here. They too need to abide by laws.
    Oh, so you're just going to pretend that being born is the same thing as making a choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I think you don't have a grasp on ethics.

You essentially said rape was okay and you were banned, you deserve to be banned and I feel sorry for the people you cross paths with.
    You don't have a grasp on reading comprehension. I never said rape is okay. I said it's not immoral from an atheistic perspective. Do I deserve to get banned for having a philosophical discussion? Lmao fuck out of here you're worse than the nazis.

I complain a lot about people raping me without them actually doing it
    I can understand why it's offensive

here in holland it's cancer this cancer that, also pretty inconsiderate

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have a grasp on reading comprehension. I never said rape is okay. I said it's not immoral from an atheistic perspective. Do I deserve to get banned for having a philosophical discussion? Lmao fuck out of here you're worse than the nazis.
    See that last sentence you typed? That attitude is likely what got you banned.
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    He lost a good friend that way. The Gestapo took him away after he said that the war is going bad and that Göring is a liar. He never saw him again. So he knew very well what happend if he said something. My grandmother was told to better shup up if she did not want to visit Stadelheim (a well know prison in Munich) when she complained that the Americans get closer to the city every day. You only had three choices. Be with them and support them (at first many did that) or shut up and keep a low profil (what most did over time when complaining became dangerous) or fight them and usual die a horrible death one way or the other.

I also visited one of the prisons in Cologne (The El-De-Haus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EL-DE_Haus) and saw the devices they used and the scribblings on the wall. The 3rd Reich and their genocid is one of the best documented crimes in human history (also because the Nazis documented everything they did).

You have no clue and your comparison is complete out of line and nonsense.
    Yeah let's also not forget about the 6 gorillion. Not getting to me with your propaganda bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I think language punishments are pretty much automatic nowdays and you just get a warning whatever you might say. I ve resorted to almost never using wow chat and instead communicating via TS etc because its becoming stupid that anything you might say could be construed as "bad language" from someone buttheart with whatever.

That being said there are some sorts of language that deserve more than silly slaps in the wrist etc but ofc blizzard never wants to face the real problem just wants to detain it.

P.S. I have received "education" in the past for saying "FFS" in game. As if FFS could not mean "For freaks/farmers/father's sake".
    You know exactly what you were saying when you typed FFS and so does Blizzard.

All atheism is is not believing in a God or Gods.

It is kind of funny you think that is a requisite for ethical behavior.

Who said it's wrong to hurt other people? That's your opinion. Is imprisonment immoral according to you? Since it hurts prisoners mentally (AND physically, back problems etc).
    According to basic instincts. Even animals have them. Don't to to other what you don't want to be done to you. It's a concept that is understood by kids and when kids don't follow it, other kids will try to help the victim. It's a basic instinct that was there long before the idea of a singular god was even developed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah let's also not forget about the 6 gorillion. Not getting to me with your propaganda bullshit.
    There is only one person here spewing bullshit and claiming nonsense and that's you.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-05-31 at 12:49 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Their judgement isn't correct because it wasn't a sexually explicit comment. Do you even know what explicit means?
    It is their fucking game. You get that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depend in what context it was used.

Saying rape when discussing maturely of a subject, or speaking of something in the news does not mandate a ban.

Using it as an insult does.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Not to mention that their judgment according to ToS doesn't have to be correct, since it specifies that it's at their sole discretion, i.e. the ToS you agreed to dictate that in this matter their word is law.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Saying it's not wrong IS defending it. Also, please stop incorrectly associating atheism with a lack of morality. If you're an atheist who doesn't have a moral compass, that's on you. The vast, vast majority of atheists I know, including myself, have a very well centered and developed sense of natural empathy and a morality that drives from that.
    Dude what is so hard for you to understand? Whose "natural empathy" are we talking about? Some people oppose the death sentence, others don't. Who is right? What's immoral and immoral? Is the death sentence immoral? Why? Because you said so? People seem to have different concepts of what is wrong and what isn't. Who is right? What society? Not to mention that it's irrational and quite frankly intellectually dishonest to assume that there is an ultimate standard of right and wrong that supersedes mere fanciful "ideas" about what is right and wrong at a given time in our ethical evolution.

It's not my fault that you are too illiterate and uneducated to understand common sense. Atheism is incompatible with moral UNIVERSALISM, period. It's not incompatible with moral relativism but moral relativism makes 0 sense.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like the title asked. Is saying the word "rape" in-game a valid reason for a suspension?
    Depends entirely on context

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    All atheism is is not believing in a God or Gods.

It is kind of funny you think that is a requisite for ethical behavior.
    Not believing in God is also to not believe in an absolute moral authority. Something which is necessary for moral universalism. Grab a dictionary and read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    According to basic instincts. Even animals have them. Don't to to other what you don't want to be done to you. It's a concept that is understood by kids and when kids don't follow it, other kids will try to help the victim. It's a basic instinct that was there long before the idea of a singular god was even developed

There is only one person here spewing bullshit and claiming nonsense and that's you.
    Basic instincts? Talking about empathy here? I've already been over that in another post. What about evolution? What about conflicting opinions? Psychopaths who lack empathy? Also that's the naturalistic fallacy. It's still opinionated and can thus not be universal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    It is their fucking game. You get that right?
    I'm a paying customer, and by so have rights granted to me BY THE LEGAL SYSTEM. You get that, RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    First of all, your logic was flawed. It's not at all incompatible with atheism.
    It actually is. Who is the absolute moral authority in an atheistic worldview? If there is none, morals (i.e. right and wrong) becomes a matter of opinion, and can't be universal.
    You don't need a "who" to be an absolute moral authority for there to be a universal morality. Empathy, a very natural and non-entity-based drive can and does create a moral universe. Also, read the myriad books on philosophy, and you'll see that even if you look at the world through a non-natural lens you can still generate a moralistic universe devoid of a supreme being, which is all atheism requires. Atheism is a lack of belief in a divine entity or power, it is not a lack of morality.

Deleted
    I was suspended for 48 hours yesterday, for saying "Neither are you nigger", in the childish banter-like way you'd hear the phrase "nigger hush" in american sitcoms.

Did they perchance hire som new GM's from shitstain that is BLM?

I'm a paying customer, and by so have rights granted to me BY THE LEGAL SYSTEM. You get that, RIGHT?
    No, you joined a club and the club has club rules. The rules in this forum here are also their own rules. If they had a rule that forbids to write in capital letters, they can ban everybody using the shift key. Their board, their rules. Their game, their rules. They can't force you to take part in them and you are not forced to enter them.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Godwin's Law
    "A term that originated on Usenet, Godwin's Law states that as an online argument grows longer and more heated, it becomes increasingly likely that somebody will bring up Adolf Hitler or the Nazis. When such an event occurs, the person guilty of invoking Godwin's Law has effectively forfeited the argument."

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct, but those rights do not protect you from violating a contract that you agreed to in order to access their servers. You do not own their servers or their data, and you agreed by clicking "I Agree" on the ToU to abide by their terms and accept they they can terminate your access to their servers at any time for any reason.