Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    You don't need a "who" to be an absolute moral authority for there to be a universal morality. Empathy, a very natural and non-entity-based drive can and does create a moral universe. Also, read the myriad books on philosophy, and you'll see that even if you look at the world through a non-natural lens you can still generate a moralistic universe devoid of a supreme being, which is all atheism requires. Atheism is a lack of belief in a divine entity or power, it is not a lack of morality.
    Empathy change from person to person. We don't have the exact same empathy you blithering idiot. Also, it falls under the naturalistic fallacy. I never said atheists can't be moral, I said atheism is incompatible with moral universalism, which it is.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-31 at 02:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    this has got to be a troll thread. makes no sense
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter134 View Post
    Dude what is so hard for you to understand? Whose "natural empathy" are we talking about? Some people oppose the death sentence, others don't. Who is right? What's immoral and immoral? Is the death sentence immoral? Why? Because you said so? People seem to have different concepts of what is wrong and what isn't. Who is right? What society? Not to mention that it's irrational and quite frankly intellectually dishonest to assume that there is an ultimate standard of right and wrong that supersedes mere fanciful "ideas" about what is right and wrong at a given time in our ethical evolution.

It's not my fault that you are too illiterate and uneducated to understand common sense. Atheism is incompatible with moral UNIVERSALISM, period. It's not incompatible with moral relativism but moral relativism makes 0 sense.
    Yeah, well religion is incompatible with logical thought.

See what I did there ?
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Correct, but those rights do not protect you from violating a contract that you agreed to in order to access their servers. You do not own their servers or their data, and you agreed by clicking "I Agree" on the ToU to abide by their terms and accept they they can terminate your access to their servers at any time for any reason.
    I didn't violate the contract you spastic. That's what the entire thread is about. Just saying "rape" in a sentence does not constitute "extreme sexually explicit language". Explaining what rape is, that might be. Just saying the word? No. It was an unjustified suspension.

Wait where is this thread going with all this morality and atheism jibber-jabber?

Bottom line is that, OP, it's Blizzard's game and their rules. By clicking the accept button you agree to it. If you disagree with the ban, then appeal it. If that doesn't work then lawyer up and keep us posted. You seem pretty sure of the rights you've been granted so I want to know what happens for entertainment's sake. Good luck!

Deleted
    Empathy change from person to person. We don't have the exact same empathy you blithering idiot. Also, it falls under the naturalistic fallacy. I never said atheists can't be moral, I said atheism is incompatible with moral universalism, which it is.
    Indeed, but so is religion, as religions moral code is decided by the believers. Moral universalism is a concept, not something that exist (here on earth atleast).

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't violate the contract you spastic. That's what the entire thread is about. Just saying "rape" in a sentence does not constitute "extreme sexually explicit language". Explaining what rape is, that might be. Just saying the word? No. It was an unjustified suspension.
    And you missed the point, and apparently failed to read the contract before agreeing to it. They don't need to have any justification to suspend your account, the ToU specifically mentions this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    No, you joined a club and the club has club rules. The rules in this forum here are also their own rules. If they had a rule that forbids to write in capital letters, they can ban everybody using the shift key. Their board, their rules. Their game, their rules. They can't force you to take part in them and you are not forced to enter them.
    Except I didn't break one of the rules. I know you germans can't speak or understand English properly, but holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by pts99 View Post
    I was suspended for 48 hours yesterday, for saying "Neither are you nigger", in the childish banter-like way you'd hear the phrase "nigger hush" in american sitcoms.

Did they perchance hire som new GM's from shitstain that is BLM?
    What American sitcoms are you watching??

Deleted
    It's their definition and their rules. They feel like suspending your access, then they are in their full right to do so.
    If Blizzard wanted to, they could suspend you for saying "I like chocolate milk".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    What American sitcoms are you watching??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyjoOZMp-vg

The Boondocks.

It's their definition and their rules. They feel like suspending your access, then they are in their full right to do so.
    If Blizzard wanted to, they could suspend you for saying "I like chocolate milk".
    Okay cool. Don't complain if the government drone strikes you. You live in their country, they can do WHATEVER the fuck they want to.

Deleted
    I said something along the lines of "It's intellectually dishonest to assume that certain actions are "wrong". Rape, from an atheistic perspective, is just like drinking a glass of water. It's merely an action", and that landed be a suspension on the basis of extreme sexually explicit language.

I just don't understand. This stance is held by a wide array of people from all over the world, even esteemed philosophers and scientists. How is it even offensive or sexually explicit language?
    Yesterday, I read an article about moral in the human animal kingdom culminating with the conclusion that moral is inherited and independent of God(s). However, supervision makes you act with higher morals - there is no difference in whether you feel like taking responsibility before law or some invisible omniscient wizard (like Santa Claus or Santa God).

So, no. From an atheistic point of view, moral exist as they exist for beliebers. The latter one might make you follow strange rules (Old testament saying raped virgin daughter shall be sold and married to the rapist, while atheists need to actually think and draw their individual line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay cool. Don't complain if the government drone strikes you. You live in their country, they can do WHATEVER the fuck they want to.
    Once again, you're conflating a conscious choice with something entirely different.
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    Yesterday, I read an article about moral in the human animal kingdom culminating with the conclusion that moral is inherited and independent of God(s). However, supervision makes you act with higher morals - there is no difference in whether you feel like taking responsibility before law or some invisible omniscient wizard (like Santa Claus or Santa God).

So, no. From an atheistic point of view, moral exist as they exist for beliebers. The latter one might make you follow strange rules (Old testament saying raped virgin daughter shall be sold and married to the rapist, while atheists need to actually think and draw their individual line.
    You don't even know the difference between moral relativism and moral universalism. Please go back to r/atheism and jack off to The God delusion with your neckbeard friends.

I was suspended for 48 hours yesterday, for saying "Neither are you nigger", in the childish banter-like way you'd hear the phrase "nigger hush" in american sitcoms.

Did they perchance hire som new GM's from shitstain that is BLM?
    No you got suspended for a racial slur. Read the rules.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't even know the difference between moral relativism and moral universalism. Please go back to r/atheism and jack off to The God delusion with your neckbeard friends.
    Someone is mad.

Deleted
    This is not a company, it's a private coorporation deciding who get's access to their own fucking server.
    It's in no way compareable to a goverment, and absolutly not compareable to a goverment abusing it's citizens.

This is not a company, it's a private coorporation deciding who get's access to their own fucking server.
    It's in no way compareable to a goverment, and absolutly not compareable to a goverment abusing it's citizens.
    Companies have to abide by the laws as well you idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is actually a public corporation, but it still is very much not the same thing as a government.

If I heard you say that raping someone is equal to drinking a glass of water irl, I would slap you to the ground. Totally deserved ban.