Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    She definitely isn't the worst. She is perfectly fine on most defense maps and on some control maps. Her portal is great on big maps, like gamechangingly great. She is also one of the few heroes that can actually deal and with flankers like reaper and tracer. It took me a while to appreciate her damage too. Her charged balls of death do well over 100 damage and go straight through things like Reinhardt barriers, and can do serious damage on choke points or to turrets/bastion. Her left click also does high damage while being braindead to aim. I often kill flankers 1v1 when they walk into me and I'm waiting around the corner fully charged ball on their face then just hold down left click to finish off. You can also flank yourself and take out their back line in an emergency.

Her biggest drawback is that she is not great on attack maps. Portals aren't as useful as your spawn is always close by anyway, and you can't cut off people with kill rooms. I would like to see Blizzard compensate her for that making her a decent pick on attack maps too. Not the best but at least viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Play her on the Egyptian map and put sentries on the right side of defence. Congrats, nobody will ever be able to flank you unless they all come from above and you might as well pick Reinhardt Bastion mercy and mow everything down in the middle because that's the only way.

You can do the same thing on the Japanese map, to some extent on the Russian too.
    Unless Heavy-Lifting-Russian-Girl goes in while being invulnerable to destroy all the turrets in less than a second?
    I don't know, her turrets are only usefull if you fight right next to them, they have absolutely no use otherwise. She alone is not enough to defend a flank either so it comes down to her other abilities..
    The fact that you need to fight somewhere specific to make use of her is already a huge downside, unless you really play together as a team where everyone knows how to make use of each other.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-31 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Unless Heavy-Lifting-Russian-Girl goes in while being invulnerable to destroy all the turrets in less than a second?
    I don't know, her turrets are only usefull if you fight right next to them, they have absolutely no use otherwise. She alone is not enough to defend a flank either so it comes down to her other abilities..
    The fact that you need to fight somewhere specific to make use of her is already a huge downside, unless you really play together as a team where everyone knows how to make use of each other.
    I completly disagree She is capable of defending a flank on her own. You do not need to be in a specific place to defend against an offense charecter flanking. ( except pharah not much you can do about a rocket in the face) in the middle of a fight you can drop a turret and go back to fireing. most of the time they are to focused on you to kill the turret. combine the turret with the lock on with here left click death is incoming.

Junkrat throws his bomb in the room and bye bye turrets.
    Winston goes in and his tesla cannon can actually chain them all together.
    Roadhog can shotgun them down then drink his hp back.
    Tracer can double blink past them then take them down.
    Reaper can ghost walk past them all.

On the right side of the map I have never seen them placed anywhere but right above the door. Almost everywhere else in the room can be seen without going in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gorkos View Post
    I completly disagree She is capable of defending a flank on her own. You do not need to be in a specific place to defend against an offense charecter flanking. ( except pharah not much you can do about a rocket in the face) in the middle of a fight you can drop a turret and go back to fireing. most of the time they are to focused on you to kill the turret. combine the turret with the lock on with here left click death is incoming.
    I think it depends on who she ends up facing and how surprised they are. I was on Numbani defense yesterday looking for a good place to put my teleporter and came around a corner to a Tracer and a Mercy in my face, and laser beamed them both to death with left click before they could really even react. They weren't expecting me, I wasn't expecting them. Had it been something like a 76, I probably would have been dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Also I just found her character to be poking fun at autistic (retarded) people which is pretty controversial on a lot of OW boards but I just find it interesting.

I'll stick to Zarya and Bastion but it's intriguing to know what people here have to say on her.
    If you think autistic people are the same as retarded people, I suggest you stop being offended.

It has to be a troll post with that logic, because Autism has nothing to do with retardation or any such illness. I guess the SJW's of today have no clue anymore what to be offended by.

Deleted
    I swear to god after all the posts I read about Symmetra's "autism" all I have to say is that you have to be absolutely bat fucking shit insane to go to such lengths as to notice stuff like that. I ve read every characters lore and comics and seen the videos and never would I have taken the dialogue words into such context as to imply from the use of the word "spectrum" that Symmetra is autistic. I m also pretty sure that a lot of those traits you mentioned are common traits that people can have without being autistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol what? Symmetra = Autism? wut??

Anyways she's a really good pick and extremely strong in the right hands. Her turrets are super weak and I hardly use them but her charged orbs and auto lock beam weapon are extremely strong. Used well she is the bane of reinhardts existence and of course the teleporter makes her all worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I honestly like this character's whole design and background even if it is making a mockery of something sensitive like autism. So upon buying, I looked for feedback on her and where to get started. Wouldn't be lying when I claim everyone says to stay away, as she is supposedly outclassed by everyone, especially the dwarf engineer. If you pick Symmetra, you're simply asking for trouble and the best I heard she does is defend sometimes but is a borderline troll pick on attack.

Share with me whether or not this is true as I pick it up from other Overwatch discussion places.
    ...How the flying fuck, is Symmetra making mocker of autism...? Are you for real?

Symmetra can be great, but nobody knows how to play her correctly. However, her support power is really bad. She's not a supporter, she's a builder and I wish they'd class her as such.

Symmetra is quite fine on the first area to defend on a map. Well placed turrets are a great pain in the ass for roamers like Tracer and even more Reaper, her direct damage is incredibly good at close to medium range and the ulti can be charged fairly easily using the slow globe. The teleporter is one of the best abilities for defending places far from spawn.
    If you've lost the first spot to defend I agree that you should change to something else, as the teleporter loses most of it's advantage - so you would play a class without a useful ulti.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    She's not a supporter, she's a builder and I wish they'd class her as such.
    She is classified as builder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Her turrets are super weak and I hardly use them but her charged orbs and auto lock beam weapon are extremely strong.
    Even if you don't plan on using them to kill people with, you should still use them. Place them around flanking points and pay attention and you will know when someone is trying to flank your team or take a back path into the point that your team isn't covering.

I've used her on defense and attack (payload), while on attack her teleport isn't as game changing as a defensive map. Those turrets can still work in your favor, from covering the payload for some extra damage should you find yourself alone on the objective to rushing ahead and covering the paths the attackers have to take to get to the payload. She has a niché, and learning how to use that to gain the advantage can be as much fun as being a more easily adaptable character due. Maybe it's that's the autistic side of me.. which she ain't mocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Symmetra is actually a pretty good char, her only major problem is that she is probably one of the most (if not the most) passive chars in the game. A good one though can basically win a game almost by herself though. I kinda wish she'd be reclassified as a defensive hero when they add another support since some teams just pick her and think their good on support when she really needs to be paired with an actual healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabka Uhalla View Post
    Literally what? How does Symmetra have ANYTHING to do with autism?
    That's what I'd like to know. In her comic she comes off as brash and focused on logic and order. I suppose that you could say that she's superficially similar to someone with Asperger's Syndrome, but that's really trying hard. She reminds me of a lot of Indian grad students I've met.

Imo Symmetra is one of, if not the strongest hero. People just play her really ... foolishly (I guess).

Nearly always triple gold on her whenever I play. It's like "Offense heros, wanna ... do some damage? Land a kill? No? Okay I'll do it...."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    I've used her on defense and attack (payload), while on attack her teleport isn't as game changing as a defensive map. Those turrets can still work in your favor, from covering the payload for some extra damage should you find yourself alone on the objective to rushing ahead and covering the paths the attackers have to take to get to the payload. She has a niché, and learning how to use that to gain the advantage can be as much fun as being a more easily adaptable character due. Maybe it's that's the autistic side of me.. which she ain't mocking.
    Place teleport in a place where the enemy team will run past you on their way to payload.

????.

Enjoy your Team Kill as you fuck them in the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The ability to hide turrets all over the place makes her great for harassing defenders on payload maps, just do not cluster them all up on one spot and keep putting up fresh ones as the payload moves forward. The same goes for objectives; your team effectively owns an area once you spread out a few turrets into it. Every bullet and second spent hunting turrets is one less spent trying to kill your team and with their relatively fast recharge rate you can plop down more as the situation warrants.

Another thing to remember is that the small turrets also slow enemies caught in their beams, so anyone trying to foolishly contest the payload or objective by diving on it or charging in suddenly finds themselves melting while also taking fire from you and your team as they suddenly suffer through sauntering forward rather than running forward while also trying to maneuver past glowing charge shot death balls.

Definitely a unique character to play as and against if utilized well.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Place teleport in a place where the enemy team will run past you on their way to payload.
    ????.
    Enjoy your Team Kill as you fuck them in the back.
    It might work out well, or screw us as we're teleporting off the objective. True only flankers and maybe myself for continued sentry placement should be that far ahead so the rest should be walking back.. but in pugs people don't tend to realize the portal isn't always going to be where they ought to be. But it's another thing to try out anyway, after all experimentation is how you find out which things work out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she is mislabeled, she really belongs in the defense category with Torbjorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    What a grade A shitpost of an OP, holy shit.

I dont think OP has even played her and is just going off what he read about her
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s