Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Personally I feel that there are only a few people to strong

Macree:
    He counters flankers, but being able to reset fan the hammer lets him kill tanks. Give fan the hammer a cooldown so he can keep the ammo reset on the roll but not be able to burst down tanks. He can still burst down flankers as is his job.

Widowmaker:
    Personally she's to strong, in the right hands you can't even harass her since she'll snipe flankers with ease (Have a friend who has two sensitivity settings he flips between to quickly switch to and headshot flankers). Her only real counters are standing behind reinhearts shield and her own skill level, which unfortunately the former can be ruined by a junkrat/pharah/etc.

My only change though would be to increase the amount of ammo her snipe shots consume to 10, and her reload time by .75 seconds. This would give her 3 shots but give clear moments you can go in on her where she can't turn and headshot you. Additionally you could center more of her ult's power to herself by remove the persistance during death, but giving her unlimited magazine during its duration while increasing the volume so everyone can hear her.

Junkrat:
    Personally, he's just to suppressive on defense. Really I'm not sure whats a good change, possibly reducing the charge rate on tire and reducing the damage on his knockback mine (using it pointblank is absurd). Although he's not super strong in one quality, he has a metric fuckton of tools (AoE nuke, AoE suppression, Deathtrap, Instant knockback, high mobility, post-death present). You can play him almost any mission in any role and his only real counter is a good pharah or a good widowmaker. Also on temple of anubisa double junkrat on defense is possibly the most accurate definition of cancer in this game I've ever seen.

Sleeper OP: Genji
    Not sure what to say here, He's incredibly strong in the right hands... I've only seen it once or twice but god damn is his outplay potential crazy.

Edit:

Wanted to add that although I don't personally find Mei OP, I think her icicle should have damage falloff as it feels wierd for such a strong short range character to have good ranged sniping.
    Last edited by Antermosiph; 2016-05-31 at 10:12 AM.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt mind if they were headshotting people but bodyshots do way too much damage, it gets boring being forced to pick Winston because they have a Widowmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    I wouldnt mind if they were headshotting people but bodyshots do way too much damage, it gets boring being forced to pick Winston because they have a Widowmaker.
    Stop playing then if you don't want to rock, paper, scissors heroes.

What I don't get is why the team doesn't just pick Reinhardt, a Widowmaker themselves, and kill the enemies Widowmaker from complete safety. This also works very well against Torbjorn turrets, Bastion...
    If the enemy has Reinhardt too... Well both Widowmakers stood behind him cancel each other out. Now they're both useless.
    Zarya shield on your own WM to kill theirs
    Winston
    Reaper flank
    Pharah
    McCree flank
    Genji flank
    Tracer flank

I mean fucking hell there's quite a few counters to WM. Either jump in her face as a tank, or flank her with a hero who will blitz her up close

If your team is shite, and the enemy WM is good then you have a problem. It isn't the hero though....
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-05-31 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Stop playing then if you don't want to rock, paper, scissors heroes.

What I don't get is why the team doesn't just pick Reinhardt, a Widowmaker themselves, and kill the enemies Widowmaker from complete safety. This also works very well against Torbjorn turrets, Bastion...
    If the enemy has Reinhardt too... Well both Widowmakers stood behind him cancel each other out. Now they're both useless.
    Zarya shield on your own WM to kill theirs
    Winston
    Reaper flank
    Pharah
    McCree flank
    Genji flank
    Tracer flank

I mean fucking hell there's quite a few counters to WM. Either jump in her face as a tank, or flank her with a hero who will blitz her up close

If your team is shite, and the enemy WM is good then you have a problem. It isn't the hero though....
    Phara, McCree, Tracer, Reaper, and Zarya don't work vs a skilled WM. Genji is a skill matchup, and Winston only works if Widowmaker is in front of her own defenses.

She has counters if an offensive WM, but a defensive WM of sufficient skill mostly just has another WM for her counter, as she'll be protected by a torb/bastion/symm or in some cases MaCree that prevents all of those you listed from actually reaching her (If they can't even get past her sniping in the first place.

Honestly I'm not sure if you've fought a good WM yet, I'm talking 1.5 second head shots one after another the entire game while being able to do the same to flankers in a close/mid encounter situation while constantly shifting positions to make flanking even harder.

Shit like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJEw9zQptWA for an example
    Last edited by Antermosiph; 2016-05-31 at 10:28 AM.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Majority of the Widowmakers I've seen my team or the others won't move much their area of fire and generally stand there and keep shooting even after they have been found. I find it easy to take her out with an alt fire or two from Zarya depending on the weapons power and if that doesn't work and my team doesn't send someone I do it myself. Good amount of the time I find they also don't pay attention to their surroundings and paninc when flanked.
    In the right hands she's strong, but needing a nerf? I personally don't think so, and this is from someone who doesn't play her.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Antermosiph View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure if you've fought a good WM yet, I'm talking 1.5 second head shots one after another the entire game while being able to do the same to flankers in a close/mid encounter situation while constantly shifting positions to make flanking even harder.
    Case in point. If the enemy has a good WM and you have a bad one, that's the difference.
    Thing is this is no different in any shooter. Enough pro games have been won in CS on the back of the better AWP player.

Rest in the knowledge that most WM are total shite and would be much better off not playing her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    -Make her ult's audio cue more noticeable
    Can't agree more with this - just imagine if ults like High Noon would be simple whispers instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Hanzo's Sonic Arrow does much the same thing, and it's not even an ultimate. Maybe people don't realise this and are automatically assuming it's always WM providing the vision?
    Hanzo's arrow is a very small area-of-effect whereas Widowmaker's is map wide and lasts longer.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    She is the strongest hero after Mccree in my opinion, but she only needs a small nerf, and not to her sniping capabilities, probably something that will allow vertically capable heroes other than Genji to counter her, like Winston and D.va are supposed to counter her but they do not, especially D.va is really easy to deal with, maybe a bit of assault rifle mode nerf or 2 seconds longer cooldown on grapple
    You are insane, D.va absolutely finishes Widowmaker in CQC.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    She needs some tweaks. Her acid bomb should probably do less damage or not last as long, her charge rate is super fast and should probably be slower, her ultimate is so useful that most people play her just to give the team wall hack.

Honestly it's hard to find a reason to not play as her, since she brings so much and can wall an enemy team really hard.
    Put a Reinhardt and a Bastion together and she cant even touch them.

The most "OP" char right now would by far be Bastion due to the rate of fire and combo with chars like Reinhardt. I would however say ALOT of widowmaker players use Aimbots.

It may be that which is making you feel that widowmaker is OP, because frankly she isnt "that" powerful, shes almost as squishy as tracer, and can die reletivley easily to almost anything.

Plus the fact is her damage is negated by nearly every tank in the game, D.VA would annihilate her in an instant, and Winston too who was purposefully made to counter Widowmaker.

Mei on the other hand...

Mei is worse.

Mei has a silly amount of abilities and while not necessarily being OP in the sense that she is the hardest char to counter, a compitent Mei player can "Make" Mei OP by using her abilities at the right time.

She is probably "the" most broken char right now with the plethora of abiltiies she has and the fact she is the "only" champion that blizzard themselves activly stated "requires" more than one player to take down, which is broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    I would however say ALOT of widowmaker players use Aimbots.
    What's an aimbot?
    - Widowmaker

yeah except how do you force her to stay at cqc? d.va has to fly in with defense matrix open, after that runs out widow grapples away, turns around and shoots her macha down, also dva has horrible turn rate when firing so i have danced around her many times getting behind her constantly while firing my rifle and poison mine ticking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    yeah except how do you force her to stay at cqc? d.va has to fly in with defense matrix open, after that runs out widow grapples away, turns around and shoots her macha down, also dva has horrible turn rate when firing so i have danced around her many times getting behind her constantly while firing my rifle and poison mine ticking
    D.va has way more HP than widowmaker when she's in her mech. She has a faster cool down on her boost than widow has on her grapple hook. If she runs (and she will run) chase her down. You aren't supposed to stand there shooting. Shoot a little then run alot until you whitltle her down. The only way she can beat you is if you tried to engage her when you were already at low health or if she manages to make it back to her team. 1vs1 D.va wins in close range against widow. Widow can only beat you if she sees you from a distance and snipes you (more than once) without you having your defence matrix pointed her way. Soldier76 can outrun D.va because he has sprint. Widow cannot sprint and while her back is turned because she is running she isn't able to shoot back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Put a Reinhardt and a Bastion together and she cant even touch them.

The most "OP" char right now would by far be Bastion due to the rate of fire and combo with chars like Reinhardt. I would however say ALOT of widowmaker players use Aimbots.

It may be that which is making you feel that widowmaker is OP, because frankly she isnt "that" powerful, shes almost as squishy as tracer, and can die reletivley easily to almost anything.

Plus the fact is her damage is negated by nearly every tank in the game, D.VA would annihilate her in an instant, and Winston too who was purposefully made to counter Widowmaker.

Mei on the other hand...

Mei is worse.

Mei has a silly amount of abilities and while not necessarily being OP in the sense that she is the hardest char to counter, a compitent Mei player can "Make" Mei OP by using her abilities at the right time.

She is probably "the" most broken char right now with the plethora of abiltiies she has and the fact she is the "only" champion that blizzard themselves activly stated "requires" more than one player to take down, which is broken.
    Bahaha!

Yes clearly Mei is OP... so OP that she is THE LEAST REPRESENTED character in tournament play. Literally all 20 other champions get picked more than Mei.

Obviously your sense of balance is so far off that it is not worth listening to.

You know when Mei is good? When your team doesn't have a real tank or a real support and you are forced to be your own tank and support simultaneously. Mei could stand to get a buff or two tbh. An extra 50 hp and decreasing the time it takes to freeze someone to an interval where you can actually freeze a good Mercy player and maybe the pros would use her. As it stands she might as well not even have a primary fire... it doesn't work against Reaper, McCree, Mercy, Tracer, Winston, Phara, Junkrat or anyone else who has an escape or a better CC in their kit...

And sadly Mei's ult suffers in the same way. Half the characters in the game can just "nope" it even if you place it on them directly.
    Last edited by Peligrad; 2016-05-31 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antermosiph View Post
    Phara, McCree, Tracer, Reaper, and Zarya don't work vs a skilled WM. Genji is a skill matchup, and Winston only works if Widowmaker is in front of her own defenses.

She has counters if an offensive WM, but a defensive WM of sufficient skill mostly just has another WM for her counter, as she'll be protected by a torb/bastion/symm or in some cases MaCree that prevents all of those you listed from actually reaching her (If they can't even get past her sniping in the first place.

Shit like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJEw9zQptWA for an example
    An example? The best plays in the game?
    I played around 200 games so far and have not seen anyone close to that skill level.
    You want a hero to be nerfed because the top 0.00001% might be a god while playing it?

Might want to nerf the other 20 classes into the ground then as well as I saw Seagul reck a whole team on genji, Hanzo, Mei, torb and bastion a few nights ago.

This has NOTHING to do with the hero but with the player behind the keyboard.

I would say Widowmaker is OP, if there were more people who could actually use her properly.

People say "just flank her", "she is supposed to be good at long range". These don't matter to the widowmakers that actually know how to play her. Seriously... I have seen widowmakers that stay at about medium range. Just behind their team or somewhere a bit sides, but not extreme range. Some of these seemingly hit every time. You no longer have the areas where she can't hit since she is much closer. As soon as you show your face, you get shot. Somehow they are also able to avoid being killed. They can escape and come back after a health pack. Flanking doesn't really work since she is so close to her team that will kill you, if you try to get near her.

The widowmakers that sit far away on some spot and snipe, don't bother me. I move trough safe areas and ignore them. The ones that actively work with their team and have godly aim... now those are the widowmakers that make you feel there is nothing you can do. You can't ignore them.

Tbh... widowmaker should make a little bit less damage on body shot, imo. That is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Futa Widowmaker View Post
    D.va has way more HP than widowmaker when she's in her mech. She has a faster cool down on her boost than widow has on her grapple hook. If she runs (and she will run) chase her down. You aren't supposed to stand there shooting. Shoot a little then run alot until you whitltle her down. The only way she can beat you is if you tried to engage her when you were already at low health or if she manages to make it back to her team. 1vs1 D.va wins in close range against widow. Widow can only beat you if she sees you from a distance and snipes you (more than once) without you having your defence matrix pointed her way. Soldier76 can outrun D.va because he has sprint. Widow cannot sprint and while her back is turned because she is running she isn't able to shoot back at you.
    Point is she will hook away to another point where you will need to fly to reach her and you would have had used your matrix to approach her if it is a decent widow to not get shot while closing, at that point you have no flight and no matrix and no way to reach her for 6 seconds, she is just gonna turn around and headshot that huge head hitbox of dva twice and kill the mecha, i am not saying widow can solo dva at close range (though she will drop her down to 100 or so hp if she tries) she can just grapple away and kill her mecha really fast

Winston has better chance to be honest as his bubble has long duration and 600 hp so it takes 4 shots to break it,you can pop it at first jump, wait for jump cd after she grapples away and jump again to try and kill her, which is still not that easy, depending on if widow can get a good shot during his second jump
    Last edited by Anaralah; 2016-05-31 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    This isn't a whine thread. She is a really good hero. And she needs a tweak because she's a really good hero.
    There are a lot of "really good" heroes in OW.

Deleted
    Widowmaker shows clearly that Blizzard has zero experience in FPS.

A sniper class that has a full automatic rifle when not zoomed in, semi-automatic when zoomed in and deals a lot of damage even when going for body shots, charge up time is 1s, there is no delay between shots and also mobility in terms of the grappling hook?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curdi View Post
    There are a lot of "really good" heroes in OW.
    like 21 of them.