1 1.59%

1 1.59%

2 3.17%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[GAME] Rate The Character /10! NOMINEE Day #32: Rexxar

Rules:

- One random character to be polled every day, by rolling the dice. There is no predetermined list of names, so ANY character in the Warcraft universe could appear at any given day.
    - Characters need 5 nominations to make it to the next poll. Meaning, any given character to get 5 unique nominations will be due the next day instead of picking a random character.
    - If a character has two incarnations, both from the main and alternative universes, then the poll will be referring to both versions simultaneously.
    - Every ten days, we will have a major character up, instead of a random! This will serve the purpose of giving you guys something to look forward to for sticking around. Meaning, Days #10,20,30... etc will be guaranteed to have a big name showing. This doesn't mean they won't appear in random days though, nor that you should stop nominating them if you want to see them sooner.
    Nominations Rules Update - 29/5/2016

* Players are now limited to only one nomination per topic per user. You can still nominate a new character every single day once if you want.
    * Any nominated character that remains at 1/5 nomination for five days will be dropped off the nominations list. Everyday, a character with a 1/5 nomination will receive an exclamation mark (!). Once a character receives five marks, they will be dropped.

Today's Character: Rexxar

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Rexxar
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Rexxar_(alternate_universe)

Have fun voting, everyone! And don't forget to place your nominations as well!

Ranking:

Day #10: Arthas Menethil - 8.71/10 (52 votes)
    Day #21: Gul'dan - 8.65/10 (57 votes)
    Day #06: Varok Saurfang - 8.11/10 (37 votes)
    Day #07: Daval Prestor - 8.05/10 (20 votes)
    Day #17: Cairne Bloodhoof - 7.98/10 (42 votes)
    Day #01: Anduin Lothar - 7.90/10 (31 votes)
    Day #20: Illidan Stormrage - 7.77/10 (63 votes)
    Day #23: Ner'zhul - 7.76/10 (59 votes)
    Day #26: Kel'Thuzad - 7.75/10 (62 votes)
    Day #28: Anub'arak - 7.64/10 (50 votes)
    Day #25: Bolvar Fordragon - 7.34/10 (61 votes)
    Day #08: Fandral Staghelm - 7.04/10 (23 votes)
    Day #16: Chen Stormstout - 6.92/10 (39 votes)
    Day #04: Cho'gall - 6.88/10 (34 votes)
    Day #27: Sylvanas Windrunner 6.74/10 (93 votes)
    Day #13: Wrathion - 6.68/10 (40 votes)
    Day #30: Azshara - 6.32/10 (75 votes)
    Day #05: Liadrin - 6.64/10 (36 votes)
    Day #19: Rokhan - 6.15/10 (38 votes)
    Day #03: Maiev Shadowsong - 6.09/10 (33 votes)
    Day #22: Jaina Proudmoore - 6.04/10 (66 votes)
    Day #14: Johnny Awesome - 6.03/10 (37 votes)
    Day #12: Genn Greymane - 6.02/10 (54 votes)
    Day #11: Baine Bloodhoof - 6/10 (43 votes)
    Day #31: Shandris Feathermoon - 5.86/10 (57 votes)
    Day #15: Garona Halforcen - 5.8/10 (25 votes)
    Day #00: Kalecgos - 5.74/10 (31 votes)
    Day #18: Alleria Windrunner - 5.73/10 (40 votes)
    Day #29: Vol'jin - 5.4/10 (82 votes)
    Day #02: Velen - 5.39/10 (23 votes)
    Day #09: Lilian Voss - 4.64/10 (33 votes)
    Day #24: Med'an - 2.37/10 (70 votes)

Nominations:

Qualified to Day #33: Medivh - 5/5 (Soulwind, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Shampro, Enthralled, DarklingThrush)
    Qualified to Day #34: Khadgar - 5/5 (ReVnX, Captain Douchebag, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Zandro, Seifross)
    Qualified to Day #35: Lei Shen - 5/5 (littleman40, Melsiren, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Terongor, Zul)
    Qualified to Day #36: Varian Wrynn - 5/5 (IgnisVenom, Soulwind, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Project 501D13R, Arafal123)
    Qualified to Day #37: Kael'thas Sunstrider - 5/5 (CasualWorgen, steelballfc, Nirathiel, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Amaterasu65)
    Qualified to Day #38: Magatha Grimtotem - 5/5 (FLstudioApprentice, Zulkhan, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Roudene, Aeula)
    Qualified to Day #39: Archimonde - 5/5 (Zanjin, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Zandro, Friendlyimmolation, Xiu the Timewanderer)
    Qualified to Day #41: Nathanos Blightcaller - 5/5 (Friendlyimmolation, Captain Douchebag, Kalec, TheramoreIsTheBomb, Enthralled)
    Qualified to Day #42: Lor'themar Theron - 5/5 (Lycanhero, Zulkhan, Enthralled, Arafal123, Friendlyimmolation)
    Qualified to Day #43: Malfurion Stormrage - 5/5 (Snowraven, Enthralled, DemonHunter18, Arafal123, Lycanhero)
    Qualified to Day #44: Moira Thaurissan - 5/5 (Melsiren, Xiu the Timewanderer, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Enthralled, Lemonpartyfan)
    Qualified to Day #45: Zul'jin - 5/5 (DarklingThrush. Terongor, Narathiel, Zulkhan , My User Name)
    Qualified to Day #46: Tyrande Whisperwind - 5/5 (Snowraven, DemonHunter18, Enthralled, Roudene, Arafal123)
    Qualified to Day #47: Alextrasza - 5/5 (ReVnx, Azirra, Enthralled, DemonHunter18, Lemonpartyfan)
    Qualified to Day #48: Daelin Proudmoore - 5/5 (Graden, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Littlepwny, Snowraven, DemonHunter18)
    Qualified to Day #49: Elune - 5/5 (Sinraye, Snowraven, DemonHunter18, Zulkhan, Enthralled)
    Qualified to Day #51: Yogg-Saron - 5/5 (Snowraven, Crawclaw, Lemonpartyfan, Lycanhero, Thrif)

Orgrim Doomhammer - 4/5 (Soulwind, Crawclaw, Zulkhan, Arrashi)
    Magni Bronzebeard - 3/5 (Humbugged, Snowraven, Kalecgos the Spellweaver)
    Vereesa Windrunner - 3/5 (Zulkhan, Melsiren, Enthralled)
    Rivendare - 2/5 (Gib Lover, Kalecgos the Spellweaver)
    Sinestra - 2/5 (OIS, Kalecgos the Spellweaver)
    Darius Crowley - 2/5 (Flurryfang, Warcrafting)
    Putress - 2/5 (Friendlyimmolation, Roudene)
    Ysera - 2/5 (Sinraye, Snowraven)
    Teron Gorefiend - 2/5 (Terongor, Lemonpartyfan)
    Falstad Wildhammer - 2/5 (devven9, Snowraven)
    Uther - 2/5 (McNeil, Snowraven)
    Maraad - 2/5 (DarklingThrush, Snowraven)
    Sargeras - 2/5 (jasontheking1234, Rathbourne)
    Valeera Sanguinar - 2/5 (Roudene, Sinraye)
    Thassarian - 2/5 (DarklingThrush, Roudene)
    Thura - 1/5 (steeballfc) !!
    Cenarius - 1/5 (Snowraven) !!
    Tichondrius - 1/5 (Sinraye) !!
    Jastor Gallywix - 1/5 (TheCount) !!
    Malygos - 1/5 (Enthralled) !!
    Sen'jin - 1/5 (steelballfc) !!
    Millhouse Manastorm - 1/5 (BAMyouhaveaids) !!
    James Vishas - 1/5 (Friendlyimmolation) !!
    Vashj - 1/5 (Sinraye) !!
    Halduron Brightwing - 1/5 ((Lycanhero) !!
    Nekros - 1/5 (Terongor) !!
    Desdel Stareye - 1/5 (devven9) !!
    Aveena Teague - 1/5 (Roudene) !!
    Darion Mograine - 1/5 (Sinraye) !!
    Garrosh Hellscream - 1/5 (Melsiren) !!
    Mankrik - 1/5 (masterjc) !!
    Kil'Jaeden - 1/5 (Friendlyimmolation) !!
    Mal'Ganis - 1/5 (Sinraye) !!
    Jarod Shadowong - 1/5 (Lycanhero) !
    Taretha Foxton - 1/5 (Friendlyimmolation) !
    Sally Whitemane - 1/5 (Zanjin) !
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-06-01 at 06:14 AM.

Deleted
    He was nice. Got tricked by the Horde conquest and stuff, went to Azeroth then realized they're a bunch of jerks when a warlock tried to suck his soul. Thankfully his pet wolf saved him but died. He then escaped into the wilderness and someone (?) got to Kalimdor where he saw that the new Horde had learned its lesson somewhat so he rejoined it to help build this new Horde. He then went to Outland when the portal reopened to reunite with his kin and just in time to help them too.
    He came back during the Shattering and helped battle elementals in Orgrimmar.

That being said, I don't really know his side of the story in WoD as when I did Gorgorond I went the Yrel side. So, excluding that, 10/10, one could understand his reasons and he was a cool character, even if he was Horde.

Nominating Lady Vashj.

Also, why is Orgrim green? Is it because of the fel blood? Poor guy, he's singled out from the rest... racism.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-05-31 at 10:50 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    6/10

/10char

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Totally awesome in the lore. My favourite Blizzard character to date. A real shame that he got "that fame" in Hearthstone. Love him and Misha.

Deleted
    I rate him 8/10. He is one of the most iconic characters on the Horde side as far as I am concerned, and I even loved his AU version. I only omitted a couple of points because he is criminally underused in World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Also, why is Orgrim green? Is it because of the fel blood? Poor guy, he's singled out from the rest... racism.
    Simply highlighting whoever makes it to 4/5 from now on!

7+ Year Old Account
    8/10
    Badass but with a soft side as well, great story. Sadly missing from WoW since Burning Crusade aside from his brief cameo during the Cata pre-patch event (and the AU version, but I have a difficult time counting anything from Warlords).

I nominate Garrosh Hellscream
    Last edited by Enthralled; 2016-05-31 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    A real shame that he got "that fame" in Hearthstone.
    Can you elaborate on this, please?

6/10

He's a little more interesting than the average grunt, but he lacks personality.

I nominate Garrosh, let's get him out of the danger zone.

Deleted
    Garrosh would be bloody interesting to tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I actually forgat about Hearthstone until he mentioned it, I didn't consider that since it's not real lore so to say.

The point is that hunters in Hearthstone had all these rush builds where, sometimes even before getting to card 4, they'd have taken half of your life and have 8 cards in their hand still with 5 minions on the map. So called rush builds. Meanwhile they stacked themselves with secrets that triggered when you did something so everyone hated hunter players because of that.

7/10.better than most Horde characters imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    7/10.better than most Horde characters imo.
    And Alliance's actually, if we are just speaking of characteristics and development, away from personal preferences!

Deleted
    A pretty iconic character that has been consistently wasted in WoW. He was supposed to show up in 5.3 for the Rebellion but didn't, and his Gorgrond side-quest story was just lame, like most of the things that came out of WoD.

But the idea of them doing something good with him makes me hope and hype, 8/10.
    Last edited by mmocd5e083015a; 2016-05-31 at 12:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dreamfiller View Post
    A pretty iconic character that has been consistently wasted in WoW. He was supposed to show up in 5.3 for the Rebellion but didn't, and his Gorgrond side-quest story was just lame, like most of the things that came out of WoD.

But the idea of them doing something good with him makes me hope and hype, 8/10.
    Yo! Haven't seen you participate before I think? Welcome aboard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Yo! Haven't seen you participate before I think? Welcome aboard!
    Actually, he posted once already in the Vol'jin poll.

OT: I always thought Rexxar was slightly overrated. He's indeed a cool/interesting character and filled the "Batman" role in the Horde quite nicely. But he's also heavily underutilized, he barely did anything in WoW and his personality isn't really much explored. He's a tough badass who loves animals and savage living and that's it. I also never understood the people who wanted this guy as Warchief, if there's someone who wouldn't fit or wouldn't even like the position is this guy.

Anyway, he still remains a very iconic and badass character of the franchise, so he gets a 7/10 from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    8/10 because I don't like how Blizzard treated him within HS and HotS. I love how he is neutral and horde at the same time. I love his beastmastery. I even enjoyed his little cameo in Cycle of Hatred.

+1 for Cenarius

Deleted
    My boy! He had the best wc3 campaign in my opinion. I also really, really like him for some reason. 10/10.

I nominate Garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    He had the best wc3 campaign in my opinion.
    This is the case for me, only if you exclude the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Actually, he posted once already in the Vol'jin poll.
    You know who I haven't seen in a while?
    @Graden. He was the one who came up with the idea of posting the Character of the Day image in the opening post. We started doing that since Day #12, but I did go back and update the previous eleven topics with images for the lols.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I actually forgat about Hearthstone until he mentioned it, I didn't consider that since it's not real lore so to say.

The point is that hunters in Hearthstone had all these rush builds where, sometimes even before getting to card 4, they'd have taken half of your life and have 8 cards in their hand still with 5 minions on the map. So called rush builds. Meanwhile they stacked themselves with secrets that triggered when you did something so everyone hated hunter players because of that.
    Aha! Thank you for the clarification. Sadly, I never ever got into card games, but only played that briefly to get the Hearthsteed. Tried Hearthstone for a while, but then got bored quickly. My highest deck is like lv12 or something (paladin.)

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Usually, Rexxar is the "face" hero, picked by those who want reeeeeally easy wins. Just turn off your brain and play face Rexxar. They even made fame of him in HoS because of that.

Deleted
    Garroshhhh next.