Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetness View Post
    She was there for her looks, nothing more. Kinda funny considering the reason she turned down Deadpool (and Morena Baccarin is a hundred times hotter and a good actress).
    Munn turning down Deadpool then taking this is...kinda baffling. As far as acting goes, my sole knowledge of Munn comes from this(I can't even name anything else she's been in, other than that show on G4), which, well, is not really something that allows her to show off if she can act or not. I've seen Baccarin in Firefly/Serenity, Spy, and Deadpool(and heard her voice acting on Justice League Unlimited), and thought she was thoroughly "average" in all of them(with a decent fight scene in Spy). So in terms of acting, I can't judge one as better than the other cause I simply haven't seen enough to comment.

As for looks though, well, I'm afraid Munn wins that one no fucking contest. I don't drool over Munn or anything, but Baccarin wouldn't even warrant a second glance if she passed me on the street.

Deleted
    but Baccarin wouldn't even warrant a second glance if she passed me on the street.
    Oh how I laughed, hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Ofcourse.
    And I'm saying the film also impacts her performance, and that when the film impacts two actors in vastly different degrees, comparing said actors based on their performance in that film is nonsensical.

There's a reason why nominations for oscars are between actors with similarly important roles of different movies, not different roles of the same movie.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Morena looks great as Copycat, and Munn looks perfect as Psylocke.
    I can't give an opinion on Morena vs Munn as Morena usually has important roles (Firefly, V, etc) while I barely even know Munn.
    It wouldn't be a fair fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Munn turning down Deadpool then taking this is...kinda baffling. As far as acting goes, my sole knowledge of Munn comes from this(I can't even name anything else she's been in, other than that show on G4), which, well, is not really something that allows her to show off if she can act or not. I've seen Baccarin in Firefly/Serenity, Spy, and Deadpool(and heard her voice acting on Justice League Unlimited), and thought she was thoroughly "average" in all of them(with a decent fight scene in Spy). So in terms of acting, I can't judge one as better than the other cause I simply haven't seen enough to comment.

As for looks though, well, I'm afraid Munn wins that one no fucking contest. I don't drool over Munn or anything, but Baccarin wouldn't even warrant a second glance if she passed me on the street.
    I've only see Olivia Munn in Attack of the Show and she had about two lines in X-Men so I can't really compare the acting either. She was there for her looks. She tried to make it sound like the role of Deadpool's girlfriend was beneath her and demeaning to women. She was eye-candy in X-Men. At least the Vanessa character had some lines and a personality. I just found that funny. I was expecting more from Psylocke in the movie based on what she said.

As a straight female, I will defer to others' opinions on women's hotness. But the list of girls I would go gay for is short and Morena is damn close to making it

And yes Jubilee was spot on in all her yellow jacket 80's glory
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Munn: I expected more skin. No cleavage, suit too tight that suppressed buttocks, that red fabric/belt covering it sometimes. I suspect she turned down Deadpool because of the sex scene and took X-Men because of the less skin :-P

Sansa Grey: Her face seems too plump, her acting... uninteresting. I can't see hotness, even suppressed, like the former Jean Grey (Famke wins, also see what i did there with Phoenix).

Scott: Too nerdy face. yes, he's playing a teen (young adult) in the movie, but i definitely can't see a hot stud there (as was in the first trilogy, although the former Cyclops actor couldn't act). Also, i cannot see Scott/Jean couple, too ugly for my tastes.

JLaw: Yep, too much of her, prefer her in her fappening photos. Spent too much time with human form than mutant one, DESPITE being the mutant pride hero. Must capitalise more, i guess.

I had fun watching it, but was worse than the previous. Too much stuff/chars stuffed into one movie. Would be better if there were two parts, with more center on Apocalypse and his various abilities (which we saw very little). Also, more time with the development of characters. You may not like the first trilogy, but at least you spent some time with the characters and their problems on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetness View Post
    I've only see Olivia Munn in Attack of the Show and she had about two lines in X-Men so I can't really compare the acting either. She was there for her looks. She tried to make it sound like the role of Deadpool's girlfriend was beneath her and demeaning to women. She was eye-candy in X-Men. At least the Vanessa character had some lines and a personality. I just found that funny. I was expecting more from Psylocke in the movie based on what she said.

As a straight female, I will defer to others' opinions on women's hotness. But the list of girls I would go gay for is short and Morena is damn close to making it

And yes Jubilee was spot on in all her yellow jacket 80's glory
    Well, not trying to defend Munn or anything, but although I agree Vanessa/Copycat's role had more interaction/depth, she WAS helpless during the entire movie - she did play the conventional damsel in distress, and (her role, not the actress) slightly disappointed me in that aspect because I was hoping we'd see some copycat action at some point, as the movie had the background to allow that, such as when she got abducted she could've been experimented on as well - while Psylocke was portrayed as self-suficient and "badass".
    I think it's possible Munn was referring to that (cliché helplessness) when she turned down Deadpool, and if so, she didn't "contradict" herself.

As a movie, this was better overall than the original X-Men movies, and competed in quality and story with First Class & Future Past.
    Future Past got bonus points for accomplishing the monumental feat of "correcting" all the "fuckups" that the original X-Men movies did.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-05-31 at 03:59 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Oh how I laughed, hard.
    Seriously, what do you see in her? She always has this weird expression on her face that either makes her look like she's smirking or makes her look completely insincere(not saying she can help it, but in a discussion purely about looks, it's relevant), her figure is okay, I mean, she's not ugly or anything like that, but isn't any more special than, well, hundreds and hundreds of other women...is there some particular quality that you find especially appealing?

I'm genuinely curious. Admittedly, I don't get as worked up over a lot of female celebs as some people do(I wasn't rushing out to find JLaw's nudes, either), but at least in a lot of cases, I can at least see the appeal. With Morena, I really can't. Even back in her Firefly days, I always thought Jewel Staite was more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Well, not trying to defend Munn or anything, but although I agree Vanessa/Copycat's role had more interaction/depth, she WAS helpless during the entire movie - she did play the conventional damsel in distress, and (her role, not the actress) slightly disappointed me in that aspect because I was hoping we'd see some copycat action at some point, as the movie had the background to allow that, such as when she got abducted she could've been experimented on as well - while Psylocke was portrayed as self-suficient and "badass".
    I think it's possible Munn was referring to that (cliché helplessness) when she turned down Deadpool, and if so, she didn't "contradict" herself.
    That is true, good point. Her comments just made me think there would be more to Psylocke than what we got and I was a bit disappointed by that. It's always good to see strong female characters (and not just for the sake of it). She wasn't helpless, but she did work under others and used her powers to serve their goals. I enjoyed what we did get of her though, would have liked to see more backstory and her opinion on things.
    @Fabinas I'm stealing Sansa Grey, hope you don't mind
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Deleted
    but Baccarin wouldn't even warrant a second glance if she passed me on the street.
    One of the most visually distinctive human faces on the planet, not even taking into account her obvious beauty in many people's eyes, and you wouldn't even notice ...

What are you, an alien?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    I don't know why they picked such an ugly Jean Grey though
    gasp! This.means.war!

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I don't know if we'll ever get a "great" x-men movie simply because there are just too damn many characters. They can do good things with a few but there are too many to give everyone justice. also, it doesn't help when you kill off a few of them each movie.
    I don't think there are too many characters to work with. They just need to develop a handful and grow them. Ideally starting with the proper first class, they should have had the original five as their foundation.

Add Wolverine, Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Colossus later and split them into two casts to have the 90s "Blue team" and "Gold team" split with either team getting a movie every other year. The studio gets their annual X-Men films and the cast & crew has every 2 years to develop a solid film.

You could even go a little MCU with some solo films if they make sense. Wolverine makes more sense being featured in solo films and more a supporting role (and scene stealer) in X-Men films. A Gambit heist film (with Rogue) could work. And you could build up to big event films that bring both teams together for larger threats.

The problem is Fox doesn't lay groundwork to build anything. They just do a single film and loosely tie it to the other ones rather than really building their characters over time.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-05-31 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    i want it to fail. i want it so fail so hard Fox gives the rights back to marvel.
    marvel must have all their stuff back. muhahaha.
    All I want is Marvel to hire THIS Quicksilver....

i want it to fail. i want it so fail so hard Fox gives the rights back to marvel.
    marvel must have all their stuff back.
    muhahaha.
    That's never ever ever ever going to happen. Ever.

Deadpool alone made 13 times its budget and, in terms of net-profit at least, probably made them as much money as the rest of the X-Franchise put together. Besides, if you look at the tracking and numbers (especially internationally, with China yet to open), it's not doing nearly as well as DOFP but it's definitely not a box office bomb.

Marvel released a load of Deadpool tie-ins, and even announced a Deadpool/Gambit team up book to go along with the eventual Gambit movie; It's pretty obvious even they've realised they'll never get the rights back now and have abandoned their "scorched earth" tactics.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Seriously, what do you see in her? She always has this weird expression on her face that either makes her look like she's smirking or makes her look completely insincere(not saying she can help it, but in a discussion purely about looks, it's relevant), her figure is okay, I mean, she's not ugly or anything like that, but isn't any more special than, well, hundreds and hundreds of other women...is there some particular quality that you find especially appealing?

I'm genuinely curious. Admittedly, I don't get as worked up over a lot of female celebs as some people do(I wasn't rushing out to find JLaw's nudes, either), but at least in a lot of cases, I can at least see the appeal. With Morena, I really can't. Even back in her Firefly days, I always thought Jewel Staite was more appealing.
    Well obviously it's all about personal taste. It's just the combination of everything, she looks like a woman, not a pretty doll. I find her face to be amazing which is the most important part. I absolutely love dark hair and the Brazilian roots she has (my own girlfriend has pitch black hair and a slightly southern vibe too ).

JLaw or Munn are gorgeous women too of course, but they lack something that Morena Baccarin does have imo.

I for example don't get the Nathalie Dormer love on this forum. She has an ... interesting face .. I think. But for me she looks more like a retard (no offense).

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Sansa Grey: Her face seems too plump, her acting... uninteresting. I can't see hotness, even suppressed, like the former Jean Grey (Famke wins, also see what i did there with Phoenix).
    I have to agree.
    Jean Grey is supposed to be hot. Even if it's just the girl next door hot...But Sansa doesn't do it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    JLaw: Yep, too much of her, prefer her in her fappening photos. Spent too much time with human form than mutant one, DESPITE being the mutant pride hero. Must capitalise more, i guess.
    Her character would work better if she pops in and out of scenes, to emphasize her infiltrator's role. As it was, she was too visible. (But since this wasn't about the character, and more about the actress playing her I guess they needed to justify her paycheck)

And Morena Baccarin is hot...

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    One of the most visually distinctive human faces on the planet, not even taking into account her obvious beauty in many people's eyes, and you wouldn't even notice ...

What are you, an alien?
    I said I wouldn't give her a second glance, cause she's not that attractive. Her expression ALWAYS comes across as either being insincere or smirking(seriously, I looked at a ton of pics, she seems to have those 2 expressions and none other), both of which are very unappealing. I assume it's just her face and not deliberate, but that doesn't keep it from being unappealing.

As for "most visually distinctive", even if it was true(newsflash:it's not. Tons of women have faces just as distinctive as hers) so what? Taylor Swift has a distinctive face too, doesn't mean I'm gonna bust a nut over her, either. Baccarin's face may be distinctive, but so is Mike Tyson's, which should be a clear example of why "distinctive" is not necessarily a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I for example don't get the Nathalie Dormer love on this forum. She has an ... interesting face .. I think. But for me she looks more like a retard (no offense).
    I...don't even know who that is. After a few seconds of research(all hail Lord Google), I see she's a GoT person. Pictures left me, uhh, well, I'd rather go back to looking at Munn or, well, Baccarin for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

Deadpool alone made 13 times its budget and, in terms of net-profit at least, probably made them as much money as the rest of the X-Franchise put together. Besides, if you look at the tracking and numbers (especially internationally, with China yet to open), it's not doing nearly as well as DOFP but it's definitely not a box office bomb.

Marvel released a load of Deadpool tie-ins, and even announced a Deadpool/Gambit team up book to go along with the eventual Gambit movie; It's pretty obvious even they've realised they'll never get the rights back now and have abandoned their "scorched earth" tactics.
    Or you might notice all this happened after Marvel and Fox negotiated and agreed to allowing the X-Men tv shows.

Which, I'm sure entirely coincidentally (/s), was shortly after Fant4stic bombed. I'm still expecting a Fox/Marvel collaberation on F4 to be announced similar to Spidey.

I guarantee Fox didn't get those TV Series for free with Marvel getting absolutely nothing in return.

Feige has a lot more freedom now that he isn't under Perlmutter and (I can't remember his name) one guy isn't at Fox anymore. Basically some roadblocks have been removed to allow for some bridge building.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-06-01 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    All I want is Marvel to hire THIS Quicksilver....
    No. He is crap and always will be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

It will. Fox will return everything.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    It will. Fox will return everything.
    They eventually may, but it will be a long time. We're talking no earlier than end of 2019 due to the Inhumans. From a franchise perspective, Inhumans are virtually identical to X-Men. When that becomes popular, only then do X-Men movies stand on truly dodgy ground.

You can tell how unlikely it is by how much Marvel has dramatically changed their content, both movies and even entire comic lines, just so as to both take back control and squeeze Fox.

They have

* destroyed the origins and much of the power and associations of original characters like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (who have interacted with all the major group franchises in the comics: Fantastic Four, Avengers, Inhumans, X-Men)
    * forced everything to fit into the Avengers mold, pulling in characters that would otherwise be inaccessible due to rights
    * shutdown the Fantastic Four, one of the very oldest and previously very popular comic lines
    * prevented merchandising rights to X-Men characters (big earners compared even to movies)
    * they are even writing new content that effectively destroys and rations mutants in their comic lines
    * etc. etc.

If you have ever read the original Marvel Universe comics, i.e. original releases before 2000, you will truly appreciate just how much has changed. That's dramatically reshaping their own product, both new and old, plus playing dirty tricks just to spite another company!

If that doesn't indicate to you the scale and length of the conflict, nothing will...
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-06-01 at 11:38 PM.

rofl, are we really going to complain that highschool Jean Grey is not "hot enough"?

I don't understand the attraction to Morena Baccarin.