Page 75 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Another downside of tier gear in lfr is that it guts the concept of progression challenge mode as a means to gearing for a majority of the player base, due needing massive differences in ilvl to counter act tier set bonuses.
    pls explain to me how exackly lfr will "Gut the concept of progression" when atm from looks of it lfr drops atm 835 itlv when mythic dungeons drop titanforged gear upto 875-885 itlv -_- come tell me how exackly 50 itlv lower gear guts progression i dare you

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, good that this change have no effect on me at all. Even if LFR would drop mythic gear i wouldn't step in there. What an atrocity
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Nah I'd say it's more a community that looks at other players in a video game with contempt.
    But why play the game if you are beating the content by paying cash and not playing ? This isn't a game at that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedetasticGames View Post
    The Legendary, while content was being progressed, was more efficient to PuG for the pieces for.
    Tier Sets is another matter entirely. Certain tiers since Cata times have increased damage with around 20-25% for some classes. Aka: you only got 3-set from Normal/HC? Run LFR for that last piece, cuz forcing people to run a (now not even Proving Grounds-locked) LFR is SUCH a good idea...
    you still aren't forced to run it, and lfr was never proving grounds locked, in wod only 5 man heroics were

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    But why play the game if you are beating the content by paying cash and not playing ? This isn't a game at that stage.
    how are you paying cash to beat the game? level boosts? that's far from beating content even in WoD

You do realize there is more to the game then raiding. Someone could like everything else in the game but hate raiding, so they pay for a archy kill to see the ending and get some loot.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if some people play WoW just for the pet battles. Its almost like different people like different things.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    good change !

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep, I am sure if I wanted to put the work into it I could do heroic raiding (I doubt mythic tho but maybe) it just holds no interest for me. Like I said before believe it or not some people do try in LFR and like LFR. You know just like how you like NM+ raiding.
    As "shocking" as it may be I don't mind people who actually play in lfr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    In TBC you could get gear that was practically tier by going AFK for 10 arena matches a week.
    In WotLK you could get tier by sleepwalking through multiple heroic dungeons.
    Afking 10 matches left you with enough rating to buy a piece in what ? 10 years ? Kicking crap worked better for most of wotlk and valor hardly had a particularly great loot table as well although the pieces had higher ilvl and to get them all you had to put in quite some time.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-05-31 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    You do realize there is more to the game then raiding. Someone could like everything else in the game but hate raiding, so they pay for a archy kill to see the ending and get some loot.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if some people play WoW just for the pet battles. Its almost like different people like different things.....
    IF they are not raiding why they pay to see the end game raid content ? This content is not important to you/them but they wanna see it so it is important. Can you contradict yourself more ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    how are you paying cash to beat the game? level boosts? that's far from beating content even in WoD
    Paying Gold for Mythic Archimonde kill because. Cash/Gold/In game currency.

Paying Gold for Mythic Archimonde kill because. Cash/Gold/In game currency.
    Paying for a mythic archi kill isn't "winning the game" anyway. That's even more tourist mode than LFR - you are just paying for someone else to "win the game" for you while you just happen to be in the group watching. It gets you an achievement and maybe some gear - but other than that you may as well watch it on YouTube. You haven't "won" anything.

Note that I am not saying I have anything against paid carries...... I just don't consider them "winning" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    yeah. blizz should look into rewards that can be sold so easily. players who purchase kills are below contempt.
    And players who sell them?

IF they are not raiding why they pay to see the end game raid content ? This content is not important to you/them but they wanna see it so it is important. Can you contradict yourself more ?
    Didn't contradict anything, you clearly have a one track mind.

There is this thing called story and loot that is in raiding that people want. They don't want to do raiding itself but want the story and loot so they pay for it via gold.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Afking 10 matches left you with enough rating to buy a piece in what ? 10 years ? Kicking crap worked better for most of wotlk and valor hardly had a particularly great loot table as well although the pieces had higher ilvl and to get them all you had to put in quite some time.
    AFKing 10 matches would get you a set much quicker than RNG loot in raids, especially for groups that were still making their way through the lower raids when seasons 3 and 4 came out.

Not quite sure what you're getting at with kicking in WotLK, I just know that it heroics and VoA git you tier pieces in content that was easier and less interesting than the current LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that Tier bonuses, and even some Legendaries are necessary to actually have your character function correctly, this is a good change. The way LFR is gated means 'real raiders' will be mostly set for their tier anyway before LFR is fully opened to "force" them into it, so I just don't see why that is, or ever was a real "problem". There are 6 pieces now to put together to get the 4 set, so chances of being stuck 1 short of a full set for a lengthy period are drastically shortened.

Deleted
    One step before cash shop tier sets.

Deleted
    Didn't contradict anything, you clearly have a one track mind.

There is this thing called story and loot that is in raiding that people want. They don't want to do raiding itself but want the story and loot so they pay for it via gold.
    You can get the story on LFR and ?

You can get the story on LFR and ?
    Do you only read like the first few words?

I said loot and story. Some loot (Like the moose) can't be gotten in LFR (Or NM).

Edit: To add some story elements are locked behind Heroic/Mythic everynow and then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Alts will not be a thing in Legion. Sinle artifact for 1 spec will take you 3-4 months if you are casual. And there are no cath up mechanics planned.
    As far as the Artifact goes, 80% of the traits will take 20% of the time, and the last 20% will take 80% of the time, so you can get well into the artifact without spending a whole lot of time, also I said "decent gear" not high end. There are achievements for doing the class hall quest lines on multiple classes, and since I'm currently only missing 25 achievements in the game, you betcha I'm going to level and gear alts for all sort of achievements / mount farming

Deleted
    Do you only read like the first few words?

I said loot and story. Some loot (Like the moose) can't be gotten in LFR (Or NM).

Edit: To add some story elements are locked behind Heroic/Mythic everynow and then as well.
    Think it has always been the highest difficulty so just saying mythic now would be fine.

I think legion is going to be actively harmed by its loot system. At this point their is so much rng I think it is going to cause massive burn out.

I just don't understand who the game is even marketed to anymore. With tier in lfr you killed off pretty much all the non raid content. Sure you have mythic + but if it doesn't drop tier as well roughly half the slots you could upgrade are going to be iffy.

...just who wins? The casual player? Won't their game end once lfr opens up and they blow coins to get tier?

Its just why bother making content if at the end of the day just que for lfr is going to be the game for 90% of the players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    You just said you only use the group finder tool so what's the problem?
    Because, as fun as group finder is, if players are queuing into it with better gear and full tier, I will need to do it to. LFG still has standards for getting into the good groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Given that Tier bonuses, and even some Legendaries are necessary to actually have your character function correctly, this is a good change. The way LFR is gated means 'real raiders' will be mostly set for their tier anyway before LFR is fully opened to "force" them into it, so I just don't see why that is, or ever was a real "problem". There are 6 pieces now to put together to get the 4 set, so chances of being stuck 1 short of a full set for a lengthy period are drastically shortened.
    Alts, or not starting the raid race right away? You know not all raiders are no-lifers.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Good! The travesty that was wod lfr is no more! This could single handedly be the best change in Legion.
    Or, more likely, the worst.