Deleted
    Heh Oh I know its optimistic, I'd be happy if there was a 2nd movie and I really don't know why critics are panning it, its not that bad, is it perfect? Far from it, but now they just seem to be dogpiling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes doesn't assess anything. It just aggregates reviews and provides a "score" which is the percentage of critics who enjoyed it.
    ah okay, i meant the points that were been said in post I quoted, , I agree with all those points 100%, but still enjoyed it.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You don't need to explain any of the backstory, Arthas's story can be entirely self-contained. None of the lore around it needs to explained for the viewers to follow what is a classic tragedy.

I agree this was a vastly better idea than covering the orc/human war.
    You still do need to explain because audiences can be pretty dumb. Starting with Arthas' story will only make sense to those who know WC lore.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

It's not even remotely close to one of the worst films in human history and I don't even have to see it to make that assessment.
    You've not even seen it?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was brilliant. Yeah they've taken some liberties with the lore, but I think it worked out for the better. My only complaint is the lack of story given to Gul'dan and Medivh given their huge roles + the length of the movie - I had hoped for a 3hour movie. It felt a bit rushed, just like the new Star Wars .. feels like the movie is progressing over a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    You've not even seen it?
    Have you?

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    You've not even seen it?
    You do not know what a bad film is if you think that the WarCraft movie is the worst movie ever made. Go and watch some I Hate Everything on YouTube where he goes through some of the bottom of the barrel movies just to try and find the worst movie ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What's wrong with 80 year old reviewers? Would you prefer 12 year olds? Or someone in between who hasn't had as much experience?
    They tend to always rate sci-fi and fantasy movies lower. Also the younger reviewers tend to have a liberal bias to a SJW level of annoying. (As a liberal myself) it really skews results. Sandlot has a terrible score, for instance, because it's set in the 1950s and "Women are repressed, and only housewives"
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

To those who like WC3 story as a movie, it will bomb harder.
    For general audience, Arthas is just a poor-man's Darth Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    Probably when WC3 movie comes out the critics will cry that Arthas is a *Insert insult* Anakin.

I doubt one homeage the other.,Episode 1 came out in the same year of the Wc3 game.So Arthas story was already made before Blizzard could copy.Unless there was comic but idk,Some Sw fan confirm if there is a comic of the prequels before their movie.

That aside,can someone that already saw the movie confirme if there is a post credit scene or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    That aside,can someone that already saw the movie confirme if there is a post credit scene or something?
    Not really post credits. You just see the Warcraft logo come up (I frankly thought this would be an interlude and not that the movie was this short) and then a scene which I suppose resembles a post credit scene in that it sets up an eventual sequel. But all the credits come after this scene.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Have you?

/10char
    I have seen it. And to tell the truth: i don't know what all those critics have been doing before writing their review, but it was certainly not watching the movie.
    Besides: the reviews from normal people that went to the movies (not those high-in-the-sky-better-than-all-socalled-professionals) have been better.... with much more diversity than those on the already rotten tomato. Germany over 15k reviews score at 8.1 out of 10, russia with over 27k reviews score at 8,3 out of 10, or france with over 3k reviews rating 4,3 out of 5.

I'll rather listen to those real people than listen to those "so called professional" that just write what gets the most clicks. I have seen it and it is way better than critics say.... by miles. It is not the best movie of all times but surely worth the money you pay for the ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    But Arthas has more blingbling ;-) Not just a bad guy with an unpleasant childhood wearing all black (i like the Starwars lore and characters, but i hope you get my point) ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Episode 1 came out in the same year of the Wc3 game.
    you mean episode 2?
    Blizz copied/borrowed/whatevered Anakin->Darth Vader story, it's obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Not really post credits. You just see the Warcraft logo come up (I frankly thought this would be an interlude and not that the movie was this short) and then a scene which I suppose resembles a post credit scene in that it sets up an eventual sequel. But all the credits come after this scene.
    Thx for the info.

I wonder why the fuck did they show the movie before the world premiere...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think it was more about the feel of the action sequences than the actual quality of the CGI.
    Not even that compares to a mobile ad. It's like saying you went to El Bulli, didn't like molecular cuisine, and wrote a review saying it tasted like sun dried goat poop. It's disrespectful, rude and factually incorrect. Even stylistically as a hyperbole it's unnecessary.

IGN just gave it a 7.

Deleted
    Just saw it and it is almost impossible to explain the very negative ratings some critics gave it, especially given some of the crap they rave about.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    IGN just gave it a 7.
    After months of hardly any coverage and negativity anytime they mentioned it? How interesting.