Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    On the flipside,this has been necessitated by consumers demanding cheaper and cheaper flights. If the jobs could be brought home by passing the extra cost back to the consumer would Americans be happy with this?

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    The whole OP adheres to the assumption that "off-shore" and "non-american" engineers produce shoddy, unreliable work.
    Indeed, it's pretty faulty/xenophobic logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    If you can't even read the manuals for the plane you're trying to repair, how can you hope to properly repair it?
    You realise that any decent aircraft manufacturer has it's service manuals printed in dozens of language because they know only a tiny percentage of mechanics/technicians are American right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    And fast food workers think they should be making anywhere near $15/hour, hahahahahaha.
    Missing the point by just a few thousand feet.

- - - Updated - - -

So what was the disturbing part?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You realise that any decent aircraft manufacturer has it's service manuals printed in dozens of language because they know only a tiny percentage of mechanics/technicians are American right?
    It's so ridiculous that people think service manuals are only printed in English.

I love how this whole thread is filled by people conveniently trying to ignore 2 people who work in the field.

I have no issue with off-shore maintenance. Here is a fun fact that directly addresses seeming under-developed countries performing maintenance.

VW for a few years built Golfs in both Mexico and Germany. All using the same parts. The cars built in Germany had a higher failure rate

10+ Year Old Account
    These non-english speakers can't get shit done, what's next? Germans making cars?

I just want to know who flies those mother fuckahs 1000's of miles to the repair shop? That's a shit job.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Are you trying to imply foreign workers are not well trained? That fraction is still a lot of cash in those countries with a weaker economy.
    I think it has to do with the fact that in many of those coutries electricity and plumbing is scarce. How in the hell can you trust them to work on hi tech planes if they cant even manage to get reliable electricity and running water to everyone. They arent sending them to France or Germany for repairs. That wouldnt save them any money. They are sending them to places like Cambodia or Mexico

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I just want to know who flies those mother fuckahs 1000's of miles to the repair shop? That's a shit job.
    I don´t know. No passangers, not too much stress and every job is probably a short vacation since you can´t just fly another plane back right away.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I don´t know. No passangers, not too much stress and every job is probably a short vacation since you can´t just fly another plane back right away.
    And every flight you wonder if youre going to crash since you know there is something wrong with the plane requiring maintenance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And every flight you wonder if youre going to crash since you know there is something wrong with the plane requiring maintenance
    And that the destination is outside of the US makes it worse why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    And that the destination is outside of the US makes it worse why?
    Because youre in the sky longer with a ticking time bomb of a problem. If they fixed them right at the airport where the problem was discovered, then it could be fixed without endangering the pilot

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Because youre in the sky longer with a ticking time bomb of a problem. If they fixed them right at the airport where the problem was discovered, then it could be fixed without endangering the pilot
    Well, then i guess you should write your congressman/woman to give the TSA the power to force airlines to maintain their planes at any airport they´ve recognized the error.

People want $50 flights. This is how you get them.

It's no different than the cheap shrimp/fish that gets shipped to China for processing, and then back to it's country of origin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    If you can't even read the manuals for the plane you're trying to repair, how can you hope to properly repair it?
    You think plane manuals only come in english?