Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    But massive difference is whenever Trump says something stupid, you don't blame it on US and Obama. Yet whenever someone in Russia says something stupid, its front page news saying "RUSSIA BAD" and Putin is to blame.
    Says it all really, threads like this one are quite sad, any excuse to bash Russia/Putin but if it had been an American saying it then it would just be their opinion and freedom of speech, nothing to do with their country/government >.>
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-05-31 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    But massive difference is whenever Trump says something stupid, you don't blame it on US and Obama. Yet whenever someone in Russia says something stupid, its front page news saying "RUSSIA BAD" and Putin is to blame.
    Russia doesn't exactly have a good reputation of the government challenging politicians' outrageous claims. Trump says something stupid quite a lot, and Obama, for example, criticizes him for it harshly - yet I haven't heard much of criticism against Zhirinovsky from Putin; in fact, just a couple of pages ago there was a link by Crispin to a document with Putin recognizing Zhirinovsky's positive contribution to the country. Until Obama gives out a reward like this to Trump, you really shouldn't be surprised that this distinction is made.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Russia doesn't exactly have a good reputation of the government challenging politicians' outrageous claims. Trump says something stupid quite a lot, and Obama, for example, criticizes him for it harshly - yet I haven't heard much of criticism against Zhirinovsky from Putin; in fact, just a couple of pages ago there was a link by Crispin to a document with Putin recognizing Zhirinovsky's positive contribution to the country. Until Obama gives out a reward like this to Trump, you really shouldn't be surprised that this distinction is made.
    Zhirinovsky has not, in fact, made any positive contributions to his country then? Someone can only be good or bad, right; and since he constantly spouts outrageous bullshit and all-in-all, acts like a clown, he must be all bad.
    Trump, on the other hand, is a businessman who certainly has not done anything for US, unless you count personal profit of his or his shows as something US benefited from.

In addition to that, it's not like anyone here who started trashing Russia on the account of what he said actually knew who he is, beyond what was mentioned in the article. Most saw the name for the first time in their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dick waving about as impressive as North Korea's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Zhirinovsky has not, in fact, made any positive contributions to his country then? Someone can only be good or bad, right; and since he constantly spouts outrageous bullshit and all-in-all, acts like a clown, he must be all bad.
    Trump, on the other hand, is a businessman who certainly has not done anything for US, unless you count personal profit of his or his shows as something US benefited from.

In addition to that, it's not like anyone here who started trashing Russia on the account of what he said actually knew who he is, beyond what was mentioned in the article. Most saw the name for the first time in their lives.
    Both Zhirinovsky and Trump have done positive and negative contributions to their countries. The difference is, like I said, Trump's negative contributions and sides are being criticized by the current president and the government (both Democrats and Republicans, in fact), while Zhirinovsky officially gets only praises. The Russian government does not criticize his statements such as the one from the OP, because they align with their politics of bullying. As such, indeed, what Zhirinovsky says partially reflects what the government is like; while what Trump says does not. Not to mention that Zhirinovsky is, well, the leader of the third largest party in Russia, while Trump is a businessman and has never had any official positions in the government.

So, yes, this is not double standards, this is just different situations leading to different reactions.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

The Russian government does not criticize his statements such as the one from the OP, because they align with their politics of bullying.
    no, that's because few people take what he shouts seriously. He is allowed to have his 10-15% of voters (in Parliament, and only around 5% in Presidential elections) thus canalizing retards that vote for him. Debating with Zhirinovskiy is useless - just watch TV shows with him.

Also, Trump is being actively criticized just because he is running for President and his agenda isn't in line with US establishment.
    Last edited by Keeponrage; 2016-05-31 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I once told Putin to nuke every member of EU, but he didn't do it - evil Putin is so evil he doesn't listen to reason - FUCK YOU PUTIN. But at least it sent the right message and some of the EU members want an exit now.
    I once told Putin to nuke Berengil's town, but he didn't do it -_-

Both Zhirinovsky and Trump have done positive and negative contributions to their countries. The difference is, like I said, Trump's negative contributions and sides are being criticized by the current president and the government (both Democrats and Republicans, in fact), while Zhirinovsky officially gets only praises.
    Do tell what kind of positive contributions Trump has made to his country. Back up your claim (don't bother, you won't find anything). Note how I never claimed anything similar about Zhirinovsky before you demand I do the same. You could, perhaps, contact Putin and ask him to do that.
    The point was, Putin mentioned his positive contributions (whether such exist or not), not shit like this, which is generally ignored because everyone is used to outrageous statements from him. Wondering why you didn't bring up his drunk speech from way back when when he said that Russian scientists could change the angle of Earth's axis by a few degrees and have all of US go underwater. Surely, that bullying can't be ignored and deserves to be in the spotlight.

The Russian government does not criticize his statements such as the one from the OP, because they align with their politics of bullying
    Can you provide evidence this was not criticized because it "aligns with w/e" and not for some other reason? If not, refrain from making empty claims in the future.

As such, indeed, what Zhirinovsky says partially reflects what the government is like
    Absence of condemnation from the rest of the government, reflects their indifference to his opinion and/or statement, at worst.

Not to mention that Zhirinovsky is, well, the leader of the third largest party in Russia, while Trump is a businessman and has never had any official positions in the government.
    Wikipedia says his party is 4th, (possessing a fraction of the leading party's deputies count, let alone the total of the first three parties). Either you or Wikipedia is flat out wrong.

So, yes, this is not double standards, this is just different situations leading to different reactions.
    Western media and the public that consumes it has no double standards? Seems legit. All hail the entirety of bias-free Western media (which is all of it!)
    Last edited by Creotor; 2016-05-31 at 04:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If Putin nukes Scotland that would be upsetting.
    The Faroe Islands are actually Danish, so if russia nuked the island they would declare war on NATO.

Zhirinovsky is a total numbnut, and should be in a mental hospital, but still russian people vote for him, to be in the russian parliament (or what it's called), which just shows how many russians are brainwashed to think what that psycho says is true and is good.

lol if russia drops 1 nuke, there goes russia and any countries russia manages to wipe out before russia is wiped out.

there would be no choice but to nuke russia off the map, you can't have countries nuking 200k people to send messages.

Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    Zhirinovsky is a total numbnut, and should be in a mental hospital, but still russian people vote for him, to be in the russian parliament (or what it's called), which just shows how many russians are brainwashed to think what that psycho says is true and is good.
    Now where have I heard this befor...

10+ Year Old Account
    Do tell what kind of positive contributions Trump has made to his country. Back up your claim (don't bother, you won't find anything). Note how I never claimed anything similar about Zhirinovsky before you demand I do the same. You could, perhaps, contact Putin and ask him to do that.
    The point was, Putin mentioned his positive contributions (whether such exist or not), not shit like this, which is generally ignored because everyone is used to outrageous statements from him. Wondering why you didn't bring up his drunk speech from way back when when he said that Russian scientists could change the angle of Earth's axis by a few degrees and have all of US go underwater. Surely, that bullying can't be ignored and deserves to be in the spotlight.
    Trump has built a lot of infrastructure, for one.

Everyone is used to Trump's crazy statements too. Are you saying his statements should generally be ignored? Both him and Zhirinovsky are running / have run for president, so, I guess, if Zhirinovsky gets a free pass on everything he says, Trump should too?

I don't understand why you people get so agitated every time someone says something critical about Russian government or its members. Are you so dreadfully afraid of criticism? People criticize government and its members of the US, EU countries, Turkey, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran all the time around here, and everyone seems to be okay with it: criticism in politics isn't exactly something uncommon - but every time Russia is targeted, oh, the swarm of defenders is coming!

Western media and the public that consumes it has no double standards? Seems legit. All hail the entirety of bias-free Western media (which is all of it!)
    I'm surprised it took you so long to finally get to a straw man argument.

Do tell what kind of positive contributions Trump has made to his country. Back up your claim (don't bother, you won't find anything).
    Easy, creating jobs is positive.

Also, the topic lines up with stuff like

Russia threatens to aim nuclear missiles at Denmark ships if it joins NATO shield

Russia carried out practice nuclear strike against Sweden

http://www.thelocal.dk/20141031/russia-simulated-a-military-attack-on-denmark

At which point this "lunatic", obviously isnt far of the official line of "nukes!"
    Last edited by Crispin; 2016-05-31 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol if russia drops 1 nuke, there goes russia and any countries russia manages to wipe out before russia is wiped out.

there would be no choice but to nuke russia off the map, you can't have countries nuking 200k people to send messages.
    And it won't happened because Russia is not doing it. Vladimir Zhirinovsky is just a clown and he has nothing to do with the current Russian leadership, he's not even in the same party as Putin. It's funny how quickly people are to bash Russia for something one lunatic is saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    And it won't happened because Russia is not doing it. Vladimir Zhirinovsky is just a clown and he has nothing to do with the current Russian leadership, he's not even in the same party as Putin.
    What will you do if after Putin leaves, Shitinovsky becomes the next president? People better hope Putin stays in power until at least Shitinovsky has been killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What will you do if after Putin leaves, Shitinovsky becomes the next president? People better hope Putin stays in power until at least Shitinovsky has been killed.
    Vladimir Zhirinovsky party the LDPR has 56/450 seats in the duma. So if Putin leaves chances are slim his party will form the government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    And it won't happened because Russia is not doing it. Vladimir Zhirinovsky is just a clown and he has nothing to do with the current Russian leadership, he's not even in the same party as Putin. It's funny how quickly people are to bash Russia for something one lunatic is saying.
    Well, like you later said, his party has 56/450 seats in the duma; that's pretty damn significant. Doesn't align with your claim of him being just a clown and having nothing to do with the Russian leadership. If he was, say, just some random blogger, then yeah, the OP's concern would be unwarranted; but as it stands, he does represent a certain amount of political power, and not a negligible one - so he does represent certain aspects of Russia.

Then again, Trump is about to become the president, and the party he is running with currently forms the majority of the government... sigh.

Deleted
    To prove russia ?
    To prove what exactly ?

Sounds like random crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by iQ Superi0r View Post
    To prove russia ?
    To prove what exactly ?

Sounds like random crazy talk.
    Yeah, didnt notice that the headline was cut off ><, entire line goes like "Vladimir Putin told to drop NUCLEAR BOMB on island off Scottish coast to prove Russia's strength"