Poll: Which hero is the most overpowered at the moment? Overall

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Holy shit dude, it was a discussion of reaper vs mcree.
    Yea but all the beef comes down to McCree destroying people in range. That is his entire point. Complaining about his domination at close range is like complaining a sniper can kill you from across the map in 100% safety.

Genji if your team doesn't play his counters quick enough, he'll wreck in the right hands. But I really don't see anyone as that OP.

I feel a couple need a small buff. Winston's base damage from his lightening gun should either be a tad higher or have a slightly larger clip. Is one that comes to mind.

Overall I don't find anyone to be insanely OP. A couple characters in the right hands are pretty tough and their counters become slimmer with the player skill increased.

There are a few maps I think are badly balanced, or just drastic pendulum swings. Volskyia is awful for the first defend and really annoying last attack. Also, not a big Nepal fan either, but I can't decide if that is a problem with the objective or just the map design.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2016-05-31 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Bastion is not winston

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Yea but all the beef comes down to McCree destroying people in range. That is his entire point. Complaining about his domination at close range is like complaining a sniper can kill you from across the map in 100% safety.
    The guy I was responding to was discussing that mcree was king of mid range, and that reaper had an edge close range.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Genji if your team doesn't play his counters quick enough, he'll wreck in the right hands. But I really don't see anyone as that OP.

I feel a couple need a small buff. Bastion's base damage from his lightening gun should either be a tad higher or have a slightly larger clip. Is one that comes to mind.

Overall I don't find anyone to be insanely OP. A couple characters in the right hands are pretty tough and their counters become slimmer with the player skill increased.

There are a few maps I think are badly balanced, or just drastic pendulum swings. Volskyia is awful for the first defend and really annoying last attack. Also, not a big Nepal fan either, but I can't decide if that is a problem with the objective or just the map design.
    I'm the same, I don't find any character OP as they can all one shot people easily. And it happens in games all the time.

The only reason I made my decision, Tracer, is because recall restores full health and full ammo and I personally find her the most annoying.

I wish there was an option "none of the above"

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Bastion's base damage from his lightening gun should either be a tad higher or have a slightly larger clip. Is one that comes to mind.
    Do you mean winston? If so I kind of agree or he should be a little tankier when out of his ult. But I'm not a very good winston so its hard to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

The guy I was responding to was discussing that mcree was king of mid range, and that reaper had an edge close range.
    Meh well I will disagree with him there. Repear does have advantages at close range, but like all characters, its specific.

McCree is only good at mid range for those good enough to aim consistently. He basically uses (in single shots) a railgun and railguns have always been that way. The general populous is not that great with these types of guns. I only consider myself moderate at best, so I fall in with that group of people.

Why I generally am terrible as sniper classes in any FPS.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-05-31 at 06:05 PM.

Do you mean winston? If so I kind of agree or he should be a little tankier when out of his ult. But I'm not a very good winston so its hard to say.
    yeah, I changed it right after I posted. Had a dummy moment. I play them both, Winston is nice for clearing the point and a decent counter to people like Genji, Tracer etc, as you can stay on target with them and normally your health pool outlasts theirs. But I feel like he needs a buff because otherwise he gets smoked pretty easy and he is a HUGE target. I think Zarya should be a bit larger for as strong as she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    Lucio just allows you to defend yourself and provide healing support to your allies. Nothing really OP about him since he dies like the rest and isn't able to absolutely destroy you at the same time.
    Yeah but what matters in the end when it comes to OPness, getting 4 kills with a single mcree Q or actually winning many more games as lucio?

I like how there's no "none" option and that Symmetra and Zenyatta don't even rate enough to get individual slots on the poll.

Seems fair and balanced with no bias at all.

Roadhog chain combo is the only thing i'd consider overpowered.

Meh well I will disagree with him there. Repear does have advantages at close range, but like all characters, its specific.

McCree is only good at mid range for those good enough to aim consistently. He basically uses (in single shots) a railgun and railguns have always been that way. The general populous is not that great with these types of guns. I only consider myself moderate at best, so I fall in with that group of people.

Yup a lot of people who are bad at this game and can't aim are leaning on the McCree crutch.

Way easier than hitting a moving target, just toss an AoE instant effect cc on them and then toss a gratuitous amount of damage at them and if you can hit that still target at point blank range with half of the shots you are rewarded a kill.

Just don't expect something like this to last long... gimmicks like this may last a long time a low tier play but once they start finding their way into the pro scene they get smacked with the nerf bat right quick.

With the pro scene completely saturated with McCree right now you bet that Blizzard is already looking at ways to tone him down.
    Last edited by Peligrad; 2016-05-31 at 07:26 PM.

So something is only overpowered if bad people can easily excel at it? Peacemaker does ~50dmg at mid range. For a player with decent tracking that is a 2 shot on half the characters. He can't be 1v1'd by anything in the game, he shreds any tank that isn't roadhog and he has the best zoning ultimate in the game (which he gets 50% of back for doing nothing). When played well he is far and wide the best character in the game next to widow and genji since his only real counters are easily nullified by Reinhardt. Is McCree personally overpowered? Maybe not. But in the meta he is obviously very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I like how there's no "none" option and that Symmetra and Zenyatta don't even rate enough to get individual slots on the poll.

Seems fair and balanced with no bias at all.
    It's not like Zen could ever be considered op when he gets killed by a widow toe shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Spooky scary turret that does less damage than Tracer, even factoring in maximum-damage falloff for her character.
    The only thing silly about Torbjorn's turret is that some ultimates (like Hanzo's) don't affect it.
    saying a turret does less damage than an actual DPS hero doesnt really provide for a good arguement

10+ Year Old Account
    Man do people really struggle with McCree that much? Sure the flashbang fth combo is kind of annoying but it doesn't feel like something I can't deal with.

Just to let people know, on the official OW forums one of the lead game designers already said McCree's fan the hammer is going to be changed. Take that for what you will.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't think either are overpowered; The way aiming works with Mouse+Keyboard make McCree and Widow feel a touch over-tuned in higher levels of play to the point where it kind of sucks the fun out of a match when dealing with either (Or, god forbid, both).

for each role respectively, damage: Genji. Defense:, Mei. tank: Zarya. Support: Lucio. if the player controlling these characters are exceedingly good at the character, they are VERY tough to deal with.

Simple, Mei or McCree

Torbjörn ...eh no his turret is

Bastion, Mei, and McCree.

McCree because E -> alt fire will kill anyone with 250hp or less

Bastion because sentry mode does an insane amount of damage unless you're super far away

Mei because she's the Pyro of Overwatch: If you get anywhere near her you're fucking dead unless you have some kind of immunity or escape ability.