Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Grow a thicker skin, its not an insult, its a polite nothing.
    lol then why say it

taunting the other team when you win big is a troll's move

10+ Year Old Account
    We played against the same premade a few times in a row the other day. Funny how when we won the first 3 games, not one of them said "GG" or "WP" Soon as they win the fourth, it's straight away in chat "Lol GG!"

I thought it was commonly accepted that most of the time "GG" is pure sarcasm :P

Coming from the FG community we always shake hands and say GG after an offline match or say GG after an online match. Doesn't matter if someone beat you 50-0 or you beat them 50-0, you say GG. It really just depends which scene you came from I guess.

If someone gets offended by me saying GG after stomping them then that is their problem. To some people coming from other scenes not saying GG, even after a stomp, would be more insulting than saying GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    After a big loss, I'd prefer not to have anything said. From competitive sports that I have played, the most issues I've seen have come from lopsided games, words get thrown around and fights break out. If no one says anything after a game like that, it almost always ends ok.
    I played club basketball all the way through high school and we always shook hands after the match. If a team is going to fight after someone tries to shake their hand then they are just little shits to begin with. You should never change your sportsmanship based on how the other team takes it(Unless you know for sure the other team was trying to take your guys out and wants to fight, but thats a different story).
    Last edited by Zoidberg747; 2016-05-28 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you feel insulted when the opposing team who just destroyed you and your team types in match chat: "gg" after the match ends?

I had a guy whisper me after I said "gg" after we completely annihilated their team (all the ending portraits to vote on were on our team), and he called me a "faggot" and said "i was a no lifer" and other insults, and ended with "dont say gg after winning nub"

Is this common?
    I find GG quite respectful compared to some of the comments I have seen in 'match chat'

I see alot of people comment "ez mode" or "ez win" or just be snarky, even when I am on the winning side when someone on my team does this to the other side its embarrassing. As it calls people out to attack back in which they would respond "u mad lol"

Yea it's awful. I think "Match chat" needs to be removed. It serves no prupose outside of being insulted. And I really don't fancy adding so many people to my ignore list lol especially when they are on my own team.

Maybe because I am new to this genre, and that it's common to be antagonizing to the other side, but it doesn't encourage a good social environment.

But GG has always been used appropriately from what I have seen.
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-05-28 at 07:14 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Never used to be this way. GG was always a common courtesy at the end of the game. Now if it legit wasn't a good game people will fucking snap. It's incredible how fucking filthy these kids are nowadays. Feel bad for their parents.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Saying GG is like saying GLHF before a game starts.

fuck is wrong with sensitive kids these days, not everything is a damn insult.

I say things like GG after slaughtering another teem with my brothers in hopes someone blows up on me. I know a lot of people despise this, but in games like Overwatch I love watching someone else blood boil, just as much as I've had it happen to myself in that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    You just proved you don't play WoW anymore. This is common in every multiplayer game, especially WoW.
    I do play WoW, just not as much as I did. I just Mythic raid now.

On another note, I just said "ez win" in a game that my team destroyed the other team and 2 of them raged in match chat. DONT say anything near "EZ win" because it will probably piss people off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say gg all the time even if my own team got blown out. Being a part of FGC and tournament setttings really brought down the lingering toxicity from my teenage days and I take defeats as learning opportunities.

Deleted
    You only say GG when it actually was a good game.
    Usually comes from the defeated after a close match.
    If you say it after your team just destroyed your opponents you might aswell type "easy". You can see how that comes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathshiro View Post
    Honestly, this is how GG is to me after playing FPS games for the past 13 years.

Saying GG after an intense match where any side could of won at any moment = appropriate.
    Saying GG when you are winning most the game, then other side comes back = appropriate.
    Saying GG when you are winning but not by much = appropriate.

Saying GG when you roflstomped the other team so bad they barely even got 1 kill = adding more salt to their wound.

Just my $0.02
    Yep, what I was trying to say.

On another note, I just said "ez win" in a game that my team destroyed the other team and 2 of them raged in match chat. DONT say anything near "EZ win" because it will probably piss people off.
    You have to say "ez" after you have lost badly...
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-05-31 at 04:40 PM.

This is why I don't use the chat at all & I ignore any chat that does occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    This is exactly how I see it also. Seems like people need to stop being such pessimists.
    its usually polite to wait for loser write it first tho, winner writing GG first IS very often used as mocking/rubbing it in. If the loser is salty and doesnt want to GG? the polite thing to do is to not respond, not taunt him, otherwise youre no beter than him.

GG EZ on the other hand makes me laugh, since that is way too obvious troll attempt.

Eh, GG in unranked matches lost its meaning ages ago, expecially when it's the team that just stomped the losing one saying it in all chat. I keep the GG for really close matches and congratulate my team if we did well.
    I understand pro players saying it all the time in tournaments, that's just sportmanship that doesn't exist outside of said events.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

i only GG if it was an actual close game. otherwise it seems bm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Grow a thicker skin, its not an insult, its a polite nothing.
    Its not polite when it wasn't actually a good game.

Polite would be:

Sorry for the shitty matchmaking.

Sorry ***** was a dick and fed.

Sorry ***** left you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathshiro View Post
    Honestly, this is how GG is to me after playing FPS games for the past 13 years.

Saying GG after an intense match where any side could of won at any moment = appropriate.
    Saying GG when you are winning most the game, then other side comes back = appropriate.
    Saying GG when you are winning but not by much = appropriate.

Saying GG when you roflstomped the other team so bad they barely even got 1 kill = adding more salt to their wound.

Just my $0.02
    Exactly my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    I say GG if I enjoyed the game, win or lose.
    Sounds awfully self serving then doesn't it.

Thankfully, I never have to worry about whether saying GG after a blowout win for my team is proper etiquette.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Do you feel insulted when the opposing team who just destroyed you and your team types in match chat: "gg" after the match ends?

I had a guy whisper me after I said "gg" after we completely annihilated their team (all the ending portraits to vote on were on our team), and he called me a "faggot" and said "i was a no lifer" and other insults, and ended with "dont say gg after winning nub"

Is this common?
    This is not common. This was a salty butthurt player that had his ego hurt by a game... It's one thing to be frustrated. It's another to be a douchenozzle...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Sounds awfully self serving then doesn't it.
    Uhh... It's fucking video game. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Its not polite when it wasn't actually a good game.

Polite would be:

Sorry for the shitty matchmaking.

Sorry ***** was a dick and fed.

Sorry ***** left you guys.
    1st is toxic, it's not the games matchmaking's fault you played bad. Don't blame Blizzard.

2nd is toxic, don't actively call out a player for "feeding" just because they didn't live up to your standards.

3rd is also toxic, you don't know where that player went. He might have had an emergency, no need to shame him.

All of your alternatives to just saying "gg" are literally worse.

I think "gg" transformed over the ages of gaming a bit and its used now more like a mockery most of the time along with "ez" which can and is much more triggering than simple "gg" that still may refer to balanced match. (One team has to lose at the end even if it was a mirror match)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    1st is toxic, it's not the games matchmaking's fault you played bad. Don't blame Blizzard.

2nd is toxic, don't actively call out a player for "feeding" just because they didn't live up to your standards.

3rd is also toxic, you don't know where that player went. He might have had an emergency, no need to shame him.

All of your alternatives to just saying "gg" are literally worse.
    So you think its polite to rub it in the face of losing team by saying "GG" when it wasn't actually a good game and clearly (whether you know the specific details or not) that loss is because of factors outside the realm of control of the losing team.