Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    So you think its polite to rub it in the face of losing team by saying "GG" when it wasn't actually a good game and clearly (whether you know the specific details or not) that loss is because of factors outside the realm of control of the losing team.
    I think if every time you lose and the winners say "gg" you feel like you are being attacked, you have a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Uhh... It's fucking video game. Who cares?
    You're right who cares... so keep your snot-nosed, self-serving, placating GG to yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Jaylock, not having played any multiplayer game of any kind at all sinds the last couple years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I think if every time you lose and the winners say "gg" you feel like you are being attacked, you have a problem.
    Did I say every time? No I don't think I did.
    @Jaylock posted a question as to why someone would respond that way, and gave no details on the results of the game other than he (Jaylock) had won.

Everyone was posting that the said player was just angry/butthurt over his loss, and I simply came in to provide and alternative viewpoint that my warrant or legitimize said player's response.

Jaylock (being who he is and his notoriety), I find it difficult to believe that his "GG" was simply an act of good sportsmanship. So rather than join the proverbial circle jerk and back patting that is going on I provided a much needed reality check.

If you do in fact use "GG" as an expression of good sportsmanship, than what has been said holds no meaning.

But there are people out there (quite a few) that only say "GG" as a way to rub it in other player's faces. It protects them from having action taken on them for unsportsmanlike conduct, because who could ever misconstrue a snide "Good game"... loser. /drops mic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    its usually polite to wait for loser write it first tho, winner writing GG first IS very often used as mocking/rubbing it in. If the loser is salty and doesnt want to GG? the polite thing to do is to not respond, not taunt him, otherwise youre no beter than him.

GG EZ on the other hand makes me laugh, since that is way too obvious troll attempt.
    I suppose, I just assume that at the end of a game both teams put forth a best effort so GG comes out naturally whether I won or lost.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    @Jaylock posted a question as to why someone would respond that way, and gave no details on the results of the game other than he (Jaylock) had won.

Everyone was posting that the said player was just angry/butthurt over his loss, and I simply came in to provide and alternative viewpoint that my warrant or legitimize said player's response.

Jaylock (being who he is and his notoriety), I find it difficult to believe that his "GG" was simply an act of good sportsmanship. So rather than join the proverbial circle jerk and back patting that is going on I provided a much needed reality check.

If you do in fact use "GG" as an expression of good sportsmanship, than what has been said holds no meaning.

But there are people out there (quite a few) that only say "GG" as a way to rub it in other player's faces. It protects them from having action taken on them for unsportsmanlike conduct, because who could ever misconstrue a snide "Good game"... loser. /drops mic
    You seem like you are just a salty sore loser. Getting upset when someone says "gg" shouldn't entice such feelings of anger / saltiness.

it should ALWAYS be seen as an expression of good sportsmanship no matter if you win or lose.

Or...they just say gg after every game. Like muscle memory. Game ends? Enter+GG+enter. Also that /drops mic was really cringy :/

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    "GG" means Good Game, if you throw it out every game (or on freewins) then it has no meaning.
    When I was a kid I was taught to shake the hand of my opponent and say "good game" after every game, no matter how badly we beat the other team or were beaten by them.

Its called good sportsmanship. The person the OP was talking about exhibited poor sportsmanship.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Or...they just say gg after every game. Like muscle memory. Game ends? Enter+GG+enter. Also that /drops mic was really cringy :/
    In that case the GG really has no meaning. If you say it whether it was or was not. That type of person wouldn't likely be upset by a "salty" response.

I have never played a game where people said GG to rub it in, you know what they say? "lol you guys suck" or some variation of that, or like 90% of games I have played, say nothing at all. Getting triggered over GG is one of the dumbest things I have heard (honestly this is the first time) a gamer complain about. Besides, maybe for that people it could have been a GG, because sometimes people are pretty sucky playing games, and if they got a lucky streak doing well in a game, even if they dominated, it WAS a gg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You seem like you are just a salty sore loser. Getting upset when someone says "gg" shouldn't entice such feelings of anger / saltiness.

it should ALWAYS be seen as an expression of good sportsmanship no matter if you win or lose.
    And faggot should still ALWAYS refer to a bundle of sticks.

Like it or not, if GG comes to mean the same thing as EZ, then good intentions or not it will always have a negative connotation.

The number of people who use GG and mean it < the number of people who use GG to antagonize a losing team.

All you have to do is look at these forums to see the use that you are so conveniently and blissfully unaware of. Snide/snarky comment ending with GG, signaling the end of an argument and/or premature celebration of a perceived win.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-05-31 at 09:13 PM.

I don't lose so I don't experience this. I do love doing this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    I have never played a game where people said GG to rub it in, you know what they say? "lol you guys suck" or some variation of that, or like 90% of games I have played, say nothing at all. Getting triggered over GG is one of the dumbest things I have heard (honestly this is the first time) a gamer complain about. Besides, maybe for that people it could have been a GG, because sometimes people are pretty sucky playing games, and if they got a lucky streak doing well in a game, even if they dominated, it WAS a gg.
    WTB invitation to this box you guys live in. I'd love to spend my time where its always sunny, rainbows abound, and ne'er an ill spoken world. Seriously... invite me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Either you are ignorant or you are trolling... given past behavior I'd say trolling. Your reputation is too well known for you to EVER claim the victim card amigo. Especially since it was not ME who you played against, nor have I stepped foot into Overwatch.

Because it is quite clear that I am providing a hypothetical reason for the response to your "good sportsmanship" and why if at all I (or someone else) might be "triggered" by a GG.

The very fact that you jump to calling me a "salty sore loser" suggests that your "good sportsmanship" is not genuine. Bottom line any response to @Jaylock is probably legitimate, well founded, and absolutely deserved. I can't imagine a scenario where you don't get exactly what is coming to you.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-05-31 at 09:24 PM.

cool a conversation about a gaming acronym GG

10+ Year Old Account
    GG means git gud if it was a blowout loss.

Give it a few months and I'd be willing to wager that they'll pull a heroes of the storm and just make it so there isn't a match chat function in the game. I wouldn't mind, the damn chat is toxic.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

lol, "gg" upsets you when you lose?

when some1 says "gg" i consider it a nice thing to say, that a winner acknowledges a good effort by the losing team, and shows respect to them even though they lost.
    A mean thing to say from my pov would be "thx for a free win nubs" or "go play tetris"

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB invitation to this box you guys live in. I'd love to spend my time where its always sunny, rainbows abound, and ne'er an ill spoken world. Seriously... invite me!

- - - Updated - - -

Either you are ignorant or you are trolling... given past behavior I'd say trolling. Your reputation is too well known for you to EVER claim the victim card amigo. Especially since it was not ME who you played against, nor have I stepped foot into Overwatch.

Because it is quite clear that I am providing a hypothetical reason for the response to your "good sportsmanship" and why if at all I (or someone else) might be "triggered" by a GG.

The very fact that you jump to calling me a "salty sore loser" suggests that your "good sportsmanship" is not genuine. Bottom line any response to @Jaylock is probably legitimate, well founded, and absolutely deserved. I can't imagine a scenario where you don't get exactly what is coming to you.
    Sore loser as in if you act that way in ANY competitive game, not just Overwatch. Yes my good sportsmanship is genuine. As genuine as it gets. I even give props to teams that try hard but still end up losing. Why be disrespectful? "gg" and "good try" are just good sportsmanship that needs to be encouraged. Getting salty over someone politely saying gg is not proper gamer etiquette.