Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    Are these the same people who thought the new Star Wars was good too?
    No, these are the people who thought the hobbit was an enjoyable franchise...so you know, normal people without sticks in their asses

The people that hate it are the kind of people who think episode 2 is the best star wars film
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    I, after the lore clusterfuck that is a second timeline for wod's alternate time-travel shenanigans, am extremely leery of a third distinct continuity that will eventually be ham-fisted into wow proper. From my point of view the wow story is not so complex that it needed fucking around with to make into a movie. Lord of the clans, the film would of worked just fine while providing plenty of room for sequels.

I don't plan on seeing it though. I've done the "its a movie" thing a few times now and find myself curiously unwilling to watch the movie get vital things wrong
    How is the Warcraft movie anything similar to WOD's shit ass time-travel shenanigans? It's straight up WC1 with some minor alterations to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    Are these the same people who thought the new Star Wars was good too?
    It was good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see it succeed, however claiming there is some conspiracy going on with the reviewers seems pretty farfetched. Why would they want the movie to fail? How does that make them “seem cool”?

I was a bit skeptical of how it would come together but I have to say I’m really excited to see it, I think it looks pretty decent, and at the very least it’s a move set in Azeroth, so even if the story is crap it will be cool to see stuff brought to life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    How is the Warcraft movie anything similar to WOD's shit ass time-travel shenanigans? It's straight up WC1 with some minor alterations to it.
    what you call minor I disagree with. I've read the pre-film book and nothing in durotan suggested these alterations where "minor"

Everything centres around the orcs and their early history. From what I gather there is no ner'zul or shadowmoon clan. no grand deception by kil'jaden leading the orcs down the path toward enslavement. No war with the draenei, no warlocks coming to the fore after the elements forsake the horde. Things like this are, again from what I can gather, are not just absent from a movie that wouldn't fit both them and what we've gotten. But from this entire re-imagineing.

That bothers me
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I would love to see it succeed, however claiming there is some conspiracy going on with the reviewers seems pretty farfetched. Why would they want the movie to fail? How does that make them “seem cool”?
    I don't think any one is claiming there is a conspiracy, however there is a lot of groupthink among reviewers. There's a study somewhere which shows that a handful of initial reviews set the tone for subsequent reviews. This makes sense-if you are too lazy to form an opinion you'd essentially just put another reviewers words into your own. There's also a need to conform to a consensus view.

- - - Updated - - -

what you call minor I disagree with. I've read the pre-film book and nothing in durotan suggested these alterations where "minor"

Everything centres around the orcs and their early history. From what I gather there is no ner'zul or shadowmoon clan. no grand deception by kil'jaden leading the orcs down the path toward enslavement. No war with the draenei, no warlocks coming to the fore after the elements forsake the horde. Things like this are, again from what I can gather, are not just absent from a movie that wouldn't fit both them and what we've gotten. But from this entire re-imagineing.

That bothers me
    Could have done without that but it always happens with adaptations. LOTR has numerous pointless book changes that despite what many have said do nothing to shorten the story. It is a movie problem, a bit unfair to blame this particular film.

It's pretty clear at this point that American critics want the movie to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    I loved Super Mario Bros (movie) as a young kid. Same with the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat movies. I'm not going to say that they weren't bad movies but I still liked them. People shouldn't base their opinions on reviews or critics. Someone out there thinks your favorite movie is terrible.

As far as these forums, people just want to say "I told you so!"
    The thing about Super Mario Bros is that it's a cult classic with a following now. People love it because it was that bad. The people MAKING it say it was that bad. I didn't use this movie as an example randomly. I used it because such a bad movie is still loved by some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

That bothers me
    Ner'zhul was not apart of the initial invasion for one. THere was never a "Grand deception by Kil'jaeden." Kil'jaeden put Gul'dan in play for that. IT was gul'dan's job. The "grand deception" was the leaving out the tidbits of becoming completely bound by the fel energy. Again. THis is AFTER the invasion has already taken place and DURING THE FIRST WAR. The WAr with the Draenei is LONG over. Please. if you're gonna complain atleast know the fucking lore.

You heard it here first: The movie was good. Go watch it and enjoy.
    and it seems im not alone in thinking so.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/combined

also dont trust reviewers. They are professional trolls. Even movies like Fightclub, Avatar, and The Matrix get bad reviews because the reviewers fucking retarded.

Deleted
    I don't think people want the movie to fail, I just think they want to be right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

also dont trust reviewers. They are professional trolls. Even movies like Fightclub, Avatar, and The Matrix get bad reviews because the reviewers fucking retarded.
    A newer development which I'm not sure peope understand: clickbait has grown massively as a science in the last few years. It was poorly understood before. Now, reviewers know that if they give a ridiculously poor review it can generate a small fortune in negative publicity. Just an average or slightly negative review will not.

Imagine the following reviews:

WARCRAFT MOVIE SUCKS ASS!

or

WARCRAFT MOVIE DISAPPOINTING AND UNEVEN

Which one do you think gets more hits and ad money?

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I don't think people want the movie to fail, I just think they want to be right.
    Once the normal folks will get to see the movie the reality will hit hard. It's going to sting like a motherfucker when they will see the movie becoming a financial success and hoard positive ratings amongst normal people.

Like it? Fine. Hate it? Fine. I just think people should make up their own minds, especially when the reviews are mixed. There are just as many good reviews as bad, it just seems people are linking whichever suits their argument.

If you're gonna listen to reviews, at least wait til it's released in the US before making up your minds imo.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    The thing about Super Mario Bros is that it's a cult classic with a following now. People love it because it was that bad. The people MAKING it say it was that bad. I didn't use this movie as an example randomly. I used it because such a bad movie is still loved by some people.
    Yeah, I hear you. There are plenty of beloved movies with bad reviews. I think Warcraft will be an average movie (I don't really plan on seeing it in theaters) but couldn't care less about what other people think of it or whether it fails according to their standards. I don't see how it can fail unless it loses a lot of money and literally no one likes it, but doesn't seem that way already.

It is not that people WANTED it to fail, it is that the movie DESERVES to fail.

I honestly just want it gone from the front page. Sick and tired of seeing it every single day. Give important wow info. Screw the movie.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    You heard it here first: The movie was good. Go watch it and enjoy.
    and it seems im not alone in thinking so.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/combined

Sometimes the critics are wrong, yes. But the average viewer isn't without fault either.

If critics don't like a movie and the audience reception is mixed, chances are that it's not worth spending the obscene ticket price to see. That said, there are exceptions. There are times that Critics and the General Public liked/hated a movie and I felt the opposite. Sadly if you're on the fence about seeing a movie, the only thing you can gauge whether or not it's worth it with is how well it's been received by fans and critics.

I don't want the movie to fail, as I'd never get my chance to see an Arthas movie. I doubt many other people even want that, being critical to a movie doesn't mean they actually want it to fail. And this movie is only average at best imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    stop being a troll and support the movie by watching it, even if u dont like it
    White knights are so desperate these days ...

Also I don't want the movie to fail, I just don't care about it.