View Poll Results: Release classic servers?

Voters
1829. This poll is closed
  • Yes

916 50.08%
  • No!

913 49.92%
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    No, they should not. They should start getting more players back into the game. Not divide the playerbase even more. Altho. most of the vanila hype crowd will dwindle off from the nostalgia rush rather fast.
    I am 100% certain that the vast majority of the 7+ million subscribers that Blizz lost since WOTLK stopped because Blizz ruined the server community with shitty features like cross realm and group finder, they made it too casual friendly and too easy (gearing, gold earning, leveling etc). to put it short, they ruined it.
    So for Blizz to get more players back to the game they would have to do some drastic changes, changes that a big part of the current casual playerbase would not want.
    So to make both groups happy, legacy servers are pretty much the only way to go, heck, i actually think that if they were to open legacy servers they would become so damn popular that blizz would eventually start changing the main version to how WoW once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    No, I'd rather them focus on current WoW and not on some archaic crap.
    Why would they not be able to focus just as much on the current version as they do now? If they were to do this (which i think they will) they obviously will hire more people, most likely the Nostalrius team, so nothing would change, or well, they would be making a hell of a lot more money.
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2016-05-30 at 08:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Human nature and the game? I'm sure if you let everyone get full 750 item level for free, people would do it even if they knew it ruined their content.
    Except the fault is mostly in the human nature. The game offers choises - human nature models the outcome. Choise is good and you can't blame the game for the human nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Except the fault is mostly in the human nature. The game offers choises - human nature models the outcome. Choise is good and you can't blame the game for the human nature.
    But i just did.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Can't fix what they broke on current for me if they want my money back they could release legacy and a lot of older players would resub. Or most of your player base would split. Blizzards fault for making the game to easy to be an antisocial.

Yes so people shut the fuck up about them, besides the occasional "nah dewd can't play later I'll be on vanilla server" comments in trade. I personally wouldn't play on them unless the stuff I got on vanilla servers could be used on current servers.

Would I like them? Yes. And I wouldn't even play on them. I just think it would be nice for two reasons:

1) So that players can get what they want. In a genuine way, I want people to be happy and I don't see a reason to deny them.

2) So that players can understand that vanilla isn't everything they imagine it to be, and to get over it and move on. I believe that the reason people loved vanilla, and what made WoW in those times such a great game, was the community. And artificially adding back tedious game mechanics and the wonderful world we used to have would not suddenly change that. That community is forever gone.

Do I think Blizzard should release them? No, I don't.

Due to reason two, as mentioned above, the interest in vanilla would only be the slightest fraction of the playerbase. Lots of people would try it, get bored after a day, and move on. The effort adding it to the game would not be justified.

Furthermore, and this is key... Blizzard would be creating stagnant content that will never evolve. You'd reach endgame... and then that would be it. Sure, vanilla drags out a lot due to how terribly the raid progression was designed during this game's dawning years, but you'd eventually reach the peak of what you can achieve, and there would be nothing else... ever. The only way this could be justified is if the realm eventually transitioned into further expansions, or characters could be transferred elsewhere.

Overall, I don't think Blizzard should do it. I'd like them to, but I know it's very unreasonable and totally illogical for them to do so.

Either way, I'd never participate in a vanilla server beyond taking a glimpse of what the world used to look like, and quickly losing interest thereafter. I really wouldn't participate.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a waste of time and resources to release:
    - <insert expansion> Server
    - Progression Servers (as if everything started from the beginning (1.0) and patches were added over time)
    - Pristine Servers

Instead, Blizzard should re-evaluate what really made each expansion great and refine the game as a whole.
    Blizzard should neither give up on new content, nor give up on old content.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

15+ Year Old Account
    But i just did.
    Ok, I'll phrase it otherwise. Blaming a product for the way people use it is extremely naive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I'll phrase it otherwise. Blaming a product for the way people use it is extremely naive.
    People cant control themselves, so the game must do it for them. It's for the better.

15+ Year Old Account
    People cant control themselves, so the game must do it for them. It's for the better.
    I'm sorry, I don't subsribe to any kind of authoritarian bs :P People need to take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming things surrouding them for everything they dislike.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, I don't subsribe to any kind of authoritarian bs :P People need to take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming things surrouding them for everything they dislike.
    lol ok. It's not the games fault its changing its the people.

wtf is the point of making a thread stating a discussion question but the OP post only servers to bash the current game and promote shitty vanilla servers ? "Superior Version" my fuckin' ass. The more arguments I see pro-vanilla/nostalrius the more I don't want to play it what so ever. 90% of you seem to have your elitist heads so farly shoved up your elitist asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    But don't you? It's more popular for people to point the finger and blame anything else they possibly can than blame themselves! Why blame yourself when you can blame someone or something else!

Popular trend in multiplayer video games these days!

Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    wtf is the point of making a thread stating a discussion question but the OP post only servers to bash the current game and promote shitty vanilla servers ? "Superior Version" my fuckin' ass. The more arguments I see pro-vanilla/nostalrius the more I don't want to play it what so ever. 90% of you seem to have your elitist heads so farly shoved up your elitist asses.
    I don't think anyone who wants to play vanilla wow cares about upsetting people like you, because you aren't the demographic it's aimed at anyway. It's best you stick to enjoying your garrison, facebook games and pet battles.

For the record you come across as a bit silly getting so upset over other people voicing their opinions on why they'd like to play a game they loved. If you can't handle that then leave the thread. There's nothing elitist about wanting to go back to a time where things required more effort and prestige, as well as actually having a community where your reputation mattered to you.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2016-05-31 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    I don't think anyone who wants to play vanilla wow cares about upsetting people like you, because you aren't the demographic it's aimed at anyway. It's best you stick to enjoying your garrison, facebook games and pet battles.

For the record you come across as a bit silly getting so upset over other people voicing their opinions on why they'd like to play a game they loved. If you can't handle that then leave the thread. There's nothing elitist about wanting to go back to a time where things required more effort and prestige, as well as actually having a community where your reputation mattered to you.
    It's one thing to "voice your opinion" It's completely another to insinuate someone is stupid and wrong, and furthermore bash/flame them, because they don't agree with you. And sorry bud, I cleared Vanilla. It ain't the HARDCORE GAMING you all crack it up too be. Sure Levelling was significantly harder but past that? Piss fucking easy. Bosses difficulty in Vanilla were PURELY on +bugs, +overtunning. NEver once did I say I remotely enjoyed WOD. If you can't handle a differing opinion though, why are you here?

It's one thing to "voice your opinion" It's completely another to insinuate someone is stupid and wrong, and furthermore bash/flame them, because they don't agree with you. And sorry bud, I cleared Vanilla. It ain't the HARDCORE GAMING you all crack it up too be. Sure Levelling was significantly harder but past that? Piss fucking easy. Bosses difficulty in Vanilla were PURELY on +bugs, +overtunning. NEver once did I say I remotely enjoyed WOD. If you can't handle a differing opinion though, why are you here?
    Throwing around empty statements with no proof won't really get you anywhere, just so you know. Furthermore my point is your post was just dumb, throwing around a swear word in every sentence with the comments like "elitist asses" just comes across as childish rambling. I never said it was hardcore gaming, but there was more prestige, effort and community in vanilla than I've seen in the past 5 years of current WoW.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find many naxx 40 players who found the content "piss easy".
    Last edited by T18Z; 2016-05-31 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    Throwing around empty statements with no proof won't really get you anywhere, just so you know. Furthermore my point is your post was empty, throwing around a swear word in every sentence with the comments like "elitist asses" just comes across as childish rambling. I never said it was hardcore gaming, but there was more prestige, effort and community in vanilla than I've seen in the past 5 years of current WoW.
    THe insinuation of stupidity for not wanting to play Vanilla is easily seen in the OP posts. If I need to source and cite that then it's a lost cause to even continue the argument anyway. But I'm glad you've already met your end for a real argument seeing you just return to. "wow you use curse words your a child and I'm an adult ". Real great argumentative points right there bud. Reply when you grow the fuck up.

THe insinuation of stupidity for not wanting to play Vanilla is easily seen in the OP posts. If I need to source and cite that then it's a lost cause to even continue the argument anyway. But I'm glad you've already met your end for a real argument seeing you just return to. "wow you use curse words your a child and I'm an adult ". Real great argumentative points right there bud. Reply when you grow the fuck up.
    Err ok? lol
    If I need to source and cite that then it's a lost cause to even continue the argument anyway
    Well, no, it's just me stopping you from spouting useless statements without proof in a sad attempt to strengthen your argument of "Vanilla so easy lel"

Reply when you grow the fuck up.

I love people who say I cleared vanilla. All 1000 people possible must be on Mmo champ. Bosses were not all that hard but the grind was time consuming and bonded people together. I didn't clear naxx. I cleared aq and had 2 bosses left in naxx. I want the grind back and the need to rely on others or no progression to even see a boss.