Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    I'm sorry, opposing the idea of giving imigrants higher privelage to our schools, free housing and excusing murder etc., does not equate to nazism, racism or "dark places" in my head.

When you are excusing Murder, crimes and what not, for the ideal of "other lives", when it could be my life or my family, i'd say that is a dark place.
    I'm sorry, you misunderstood what i meant, i was arguing against shutting immigrants out entirely, not placing stricter focus on integration and getting them into being proper tax-paying members of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    and here we have it. we have to accept everyone because otherwise we might be called racist.
    I literally argued for slowing the immigration so that we can place higher standards on background checks and psychological evaluation.

Letting everyone in without making sure is stupid.
    Letting noone in for no other reason than "Oh no, scary outsiders may be bad" is just as stupid.

There are better ways, slower and more costly, but better.
    Last edited by Zorial; 2016-05-31 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Statistics say somebody will be murdered. I'm not talking about fate ffs lmao. Sure there's a chance nobody will be murdered from here till the end of time also but lets not fool ourselves.
    What does any of this have to do with the case at hand? This particular person would not have been slain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    But THIS murder would not have happened and if crime rates are going down amongst the non-immigrants then the number of murders would have been lower.

We do not want to import immigrants in order to keep our crime statistics level, we want them to go down.
    I understand and that's fair enough. Like I said in a post or two ago I feel that a stronger vetting process would help this. Personally I don't want to turn away "good" immigrants but I sure as hell won't lose sleep deporting the bad ones back to their countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how do you determine if they are murderers or sexually violent people?

If the data we have, is stating that there is a higher precentage, in that determined group, there is no logical reason to make exception for that 1 person, when other groups would simply not be as bad.

That's just logical assertment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Yes, it does. There's no way to separate who the criminals are and who aren't and when the rates are so high that 1 in 4 are criminals then it's a huge risk to take them.

Labor migration and crime isn't a huge problem in Sweden. We get about 20k every year or so, and they have huge checks on them and requirements to be able to move here and will be deported pretty fast if they commit a crime. That's not the case with the refugees, whom we got like 160k last year of, because we can't "deport people to their death" and we can't check their stories properly either, we have no idea who they are.
    It is done by creating a decent immigration system that focuses on taking in skilled workers, which are not prone to criminal activities. From what I've heard, Sweden has problems with it. The US, for example, is doing much better, and immigrants do not contribute to the crime much; illegals do, but dealing with illegal immigration is another problem entirely, and it is not something that can be stopped just by changing policies. Same goes for Canada, Australia, New Zealand.

Refugees, apparently, differ from skilled migrants drastically. Illegal immigrants too. But, since we are talking about immigrants in general, apparently saying that refugees/illegals contribute to crime is not the same as saying that immigrants contribute to crime: immigrants consist on many different categories, some of which prone to crime even less than the native population.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorial View Post
    To me that means we need actual background checks and/or psychological evaluations, not just handwaving them past our borders, rather than completely shutting them out, most of these people are still coming here for the right reason...
    Yea I agree with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    If the situation was reversed you and i would be just as bad, if not worse, integrating isn't automatic, and actually entering our society must be very intimidating, and again, most of them are not the spoiled entitled idiots who keep whining to get arrangements for free.
    Except the numbers tend to agree with that their % of crimes and murders, are higher.

So i don't feel sympathy for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    What does any of this have to do with the case at hand? This particular person would not have been slain.
    Christ all mighty I've already gone over this I'm just talking about murder in general at this point not this one specific case.

Deleted
    If the situation was reversed you and i would be just as bad, if not worse, integrating isn't automatic, and actually entering our society must be very intimidating, and again, most of them are not the spoiled entitled idiots who keep whining to get arrangements for free.
    Haha, what. I adhere to the "When in rome, do as the romans do" stuff, I wouldn't be going against what's socially accepted if I move to a country.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Statistics say somebody will be murdered. I'm not talking about fate ffs lmao. Sure there's a chance nobody will be murdered from here till the end of time also but lets not fool ourselves.
    People die every day on car accidents and will die in those in the future as well. We should just remove brakes from all cars, because somebody is going to die anyway.

Your logic, not mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    and here we have it. we have to accept everyone because otherwise we might be called racist.
    No one said such a thing. You're the only one making asinine remarks. By your logic, we should euthanize the entire human race because some murder. No humans, no murders.

OT: truly terrible news. Crazies gonna be crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is done by creating a decent immigration system that focuses on taking in skilled workers, which are not prone to criminal activities. From what I've heard, Sweden has problems with it. The US, for example, is doing much better, and immigrants do not contribute to the crime much; illegals do, but dealing with illegal immigration is another problem entirely, and it is not something that can be stopped just by changing policies. Same goes for Canada, Australia, New Zealand.

Refugees, apparently, differ from skilled migrants drastically. Illegal immigrants too. But, since we are talking about immigrants in general, apparently saying that refugees/illegals contribute to crime is not the same as saying that immigrants contribute to crime: immigrants consist on many different categories, some of which prone to crime even less than the native population.
    Yes, our bureacracy (Migrationsverket), which is the immigrant department of Sweden, is about a year or two, BEHIND the current applications. Our system is fucked, we don't have enough manpower to support it or to even handle all the influx of the people.

It's purely a knee-jerk reaction of emotional response to that "The horrors they must have faced" ; Whilst, in fact, they are the horrors we bring into our homes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't have any issue with vetting an immigrant or refugee. I just take issue with people painting the entire group with one big brush because some of them commit crimes.
    While that's a reasonable position to take, how many more of these stories do we need to hear before something is done about it?

We don't have to accept this situation at all. To any degree.

Are you seriously saying that, since some immigrants add to the problems, none of them should be let in?
    If things become worse, many people might default to that option.

A small percentage of a million immigrants, for example, can do a lot of harm. But I'd wager that lack of deterrents will encourage even more crime. It's much easier to prey on defenseless people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    People die every day on car accidents and will die in those in the future as well. We should just remove brakes from all cars, because somebody is going to die anyway.

Your logic, not mine.
    No, like... not even close.

Deleted
    Illegal immigration to Sweden is like, you have no chance of actually living properly here due to how our systems works. You can pretty much, uh... Shop and do some other minor things. If you don't have a personnummer, what you can do in society is very limited.

The amount of refugees are bigger than the labor migrants in Sweden though as of recently, by a huge margin.

And yes, those groups that are less prone to crime here are mainly the east asians and some other groups.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    No one said such a thing. You're the only one making asinine remarks. By your logic, we should euthanize the entire human race because some murder. No humans, no murders.

OT: truly terrible news. Crazies gonna be crazy.
    speaking of crazy and asinine... you equate not accepting a particular group of immigrants into your country with euthanizing the entire human race. Because that makes sense...

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously saying that, since some immigrants add to the problems, none of them should be let in? Let's apply this logic to something else: some people are murderers, hence we should put everyone in jail.
    Ever heard of quarantine during a disease outbreak? Or crime scene investigation?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Yes, our bureacracy (Migrationsverket), which is the immigrant department of Sweden, is about a year or two, BEHIND the current applications. Our system is fucked, we don't have enough manpower to support it or to even handle all the influx of the people.

It's purely a knee-jerk reaction of emotional response to that "The horrors they must have faced" ; Whilst, in fact, they are the horrors we bring into our homes.
    It's funny how we let people who were on the side committing genocide in Rwanda get asylum here in Sweden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    speaking of crazy and asinine... you equate not accepting a particular group of immigrants into your country with euthanizing the entire human race. Because that makes sense...
    No that particular poster is asinine because they were calling for roaming death squads to shoot immigrants on sight at the borders if they didn't have the proper paperwork.

Haha, what. I adhere to the "When in rome, do as the romans do" stuff, I wouldn't be going against what's socially accepted if I move to a country.
    I will believe that when it actually happens, if it never does, be happy you never had to face that test.

Deleted
    It's funny how we let people who were on the side committing genocide in Rwanda get asylum here in Sweden.
    Yeah, kinda the same as when they take in people who have a known background of belonging to ISIS and the likes.

I mean, when you hear some of the stories that circulate about Malmö and the shit they do there.. You genuinly get scared, tbh.

I might attend a school in Malmö in the coming future, and tbh, i might just do it all on distance, cause the neighborhood it's in, is bad.