Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    MoP was SLAM SLAM SLAM too.

Mop was only slam x 3 not slam x infinity.

All 3 hunter specs. Rerolling to something else after ~10 years. fml
    "In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."
    | CPU - i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz + Cooler Master Hyper - 212 EVO | MB - MSI Z170A Gaming M3 | RAM - 4x HYPERX Savage Black 4GB DDR4 2133MHz | GPU - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1080 | HDD #1 - 600GB Western Digital WDC | HDD #2 2TB Seagate @ 7200 RPM | SSD - HyperX Fury 240GB | PSU - LC-POWER LC8750III @750W | Mouse - Logitech G600 | KB - Logitech G910

I'm liking BM as it is in its very basic state, and having the full artifact evolved will make it even better, so I'm sticking with BM. Glad to be moving away from MM, and Survival is dead to me as a melee spec. Couldn't stand melee before, can't stand it now.

Can't believe they slaughtered SoO Survival for the spec to become what it is in Legion. And I'm really hoping that they'll actually keep the specs equal this time around and not let 1 spec sit at the top for the entire expansion.

Every Rogue spec is really bad IMO.

Everything that I've messed with mainly Prot/Ret Pally and Enhancement Shammy all feel gutted. Same with fury and prot warrior. In some ways things that made the class what the class was are gone.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have heard a lot of bad things about BM hunter which worries me as I've been playing that spec forever. On the other hand, it might be a good thing to have hunters be less popular for a change.

OutLaw, even Gangplank got more skills than this spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Arms.
    This.

I played ARMs for like 1 level. Then deleted my warrior and rerolled Fury.

Worst spec by a mile. The MM hunter comes second. Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot.... Zzzzz wait for procs. Why do I have to heal my pet so much??? Fire Mage is also super boring to level with. Fireball, Fireball ... more fireballs... Zzzz..
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Brewmaster is hot garbage. Survivability is in the toilet. Its actually easier to survive and do damage as a windwalker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'm liking BM as it is in its very basic state, and having the full artifact evolved will make it even better, so I'm sticking with BM. Glad to be moving away from MM, and Survival is dead to me as a melee spec. Couldn't stand melee before, can't stand it now.

Can't believe they slaughtered SoO Survival for the spec to become what it is in Legion. And I'm really hoping that they'll actually keep the specs equal this time around and not let 1 spec sit at the top for the entire expansion.
    Im actually really happy with survival going melee, I always mained hunter, but i felt every spec was really similar. I hope BM isnt the best spec at any time IMO, it looks soooo boring
    I do agree with u that all 3 specs should be able to do similar dps (Maybe MM and BM can do higher dps because of skill requirements u dont need with BM) and I do think the availability and power of the legendaries ill influence this, making it so if u focus a certain spec-specific legendary,U dont have to play the "best" spec as long as there is no ridiculous difference of power between specs like in wod

Ret paladin is good damage wise but shit mechanics/gameplay wise. It's not "ruined" but it's fucked up. It's not boring either but it's so similar to arms (Building and spending resources) and it's a clunkier version making a lot of people angry about it (myself included). I'm going holy anyway which is such a fun spec I actually look forward to playing it. I've heard some insanely bad things about arms warriors, non-combat rogues, and all 3 (rip) hunter specs.

@OP Prot paladin is in a great place right now and it's not that boring in PvE. It's definitely bland but it's not extremely boring. In PvP it's also one of the best (by best I mean fun) specs to play even if you disregard the overtuned damage.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-05-31 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    I do agree with u that all 3 specs should be able to do similar dps (Maybe MM and BM can do higher dps because of skill requirements u dont need with BM)
    Lol'd.

They're different in mechanics and how you play, but none struck me as more difficult than the other to grasp and handle as a seasoned player of the class.

I don't get the BM hate it feels the same as it's MoP version, it feels the same as it's WoD version. All about managing that focus with a bulletproof pet (pets now) you can buff every now and then.

BM is also I suspect going to be the goto "bitch" spec that gets all the extra jobs in a boss encounter simply because it is fairly easy to maintain full DPS while moving and has the odd break in the spamming.

The question really can't be answered because everyone playing has different tastes, I've personally hated Pally since Holy Power came in it's possible that I may tank on one now I dunno haven't tried it yet. Enhance Shammy feels horrible to me but there are some who love it, and so on.
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2016-05-31 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    OutLaw, even Gangplank got more skills than this spec.
    I actually enjoy beta outlaw and subtlety. Assassination is slow as hell. Frost mage is ok, fire mage is better, arcane is the same as always. Fury is fun. Haven't tried any others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lol'd.

They're different in mechanics and how you play, but none struck me as more difficult than the other to grasp and handle as a seasoned player of the class.
    lol, there is litterally no way to mess up BM dps

Outlaw Rogue (if that's the one you just roll the dice on), BM Hunter, Marksmen Hunter are the 3 that when I tried them I had the feeling of...

WTF?

7+ Year Old Account
    If you can't mess up, you haven't reached Huntard level.

MM Hunter is no fun for me, in the current iteration.

Shadow Priest is amazing, an unexpected gem.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Of course you can, people manage to mess up class performance every day, Legion BM will be no different. People that won't struggle with BM performance, won't struggle with MM or SV either. It all comes down to what one prefers.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Every Rogue spec is really bad IMO.
    Sadly, i have to agree with this. I am maining rogue since the start of TBC, and this is the first time where i am going to reroll.

Outlaw:
    I kind of like the theme, but i really really dislike roll the bones. It's a good concept, but there's too much RNG and dps difference between getting the short end of the stick (healing buff only) and for example 3 dps buffs at once.

Subtlety:
    No real AoE, plus they really gutted the spec if you compare it to the current live version of it. The live version is almost perfect in terms of complexity and gameplay in my opinion. The spec in beta felt really bad in comparison (gameplay, not dmg).

Assa:
    Is actually on the better end of the rogue specs in terms of gameplay, but still suffers from low energy regen and generally feeling slow. I know what blizz will say - haste will fix it (in the last patch of an expansion), but rogues have been hearing that for years.

All specs:
    All the talents seemed to be...well kind of boring? It might be just me, but once i choose a set of talents, i had no need to change them, at all. As if it wouldn't really matter which talents i pick, the outcome would still be pretty much the same.
    Another thing that some might like, but personally i don't...over the years, blizz really pushed the niche of each spec to a whole new level and it became slowly expected of rogues to switch spec per-fight. And this difference is imo even bigger now in legion.
    - You want best aoe? go Combat
    - You want best ST? go Subtlety
    - You want good 2-3 targets cleave? Go assa
    You had to pretty much hold on to a two set of weapons, which now will be more difficult, because of the way artifacts work.
    Last edited by ellgar; 2016-06-01 at 05:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I did. Unfortunately back in April we were told that blizz will not be changing how arms or any other spec plays. They are "happy" with the specs currently and are focused on balancing only now.

I just want MoP or cata arms back they were by far superior designs specially MoP.
    They have changed things, like die by the sword is a baseline arms ability, and defensive stance is a talent. I hope they are going to change that as well so it also becomes baseline, and we can get impending victory as a talent.
    But yeah, doubt they are going to change the rotation options - but they still got the possibility to change stuff - personally I would like major changes to the talent "focus rage", right now it is not worth it. Does 50% of the damage slam does, but costs the same rage. Further it dosnt give a chance to reset CS, so why shouldn't people chose "trauma" as a talent- it increase the damage of slam by 20% without having any additional rage cost.
    "focus rage" need some love, like a chance to proc tactician equal to slam - and perhaps a bit lower rage costs , and damage boost.