Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Maybe I'm insane and/or delusional. But I feel like at 2016 Blizzcon, they will deliver the earth-shaking news that official legacy servers (starting with Vanilla) are currently in the works and launching soon(ish).
    Agreed 10 fold

Pristine servers would be nice but they cant match a legacy server

Maybe I'm insane and/or delusional. But I feel like at 2016 Blizzcon, they will deliver the earth-shaking news that official legacy servers (starting with Vanilla) are currently in the works and launching soon(ish).
    I don't think will happen but if they are going to announce them Blizzcon would be a good place, Legion will be out of the door and the next expansion will be at least a year and a half away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    What drought? it would take months for the majority to level up, then work into 5 mans to get their 0.5 tier dungeon sets and then UBRS

I hope people experience how a proper MMORPG should play either on a private server or if eventually Blizzard releases legacy servers Vanilla was the greatest MMORPG they ever was.

Current game is a sad joke how the game used to be.
    For all the faults and big problems Vanilla has, the best aspect to me is exactly what you described - no catchup mechanics
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    For all the faults and big problems Vanilla has, the best aspect to me is exactly what you described - no catchup mechanics
    You say that but I remember 2 very simple catchups that I was part of. One was my warrior, my guild was short on warriors(the only true tank, sorry Spanky druids were a stop gap) and had alot of locks, I had a warrior alt at the time that was mid 40's. We power leveled it through, you guess it, BRD and Strat to 60 in 24 hours played. Took it into MC with little to no gear and carried it through a clear(you usually had dead weight in 40 mans anyways) on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday(yes, multiple clears were easy to do by using rolling instances, you hearth out prior to the boss dying and kill the last 5% with 4 people) and then did the same with BWL(this was even easier to do as you could glitch razergore out and hearth out and kill with 1 player) and was geared and ready for AQ40 launch that was in a couple months. The next one was a Shaman from horde wanted to play with us in Naxx when Banana Boyz on Laughing skull died and came over and played mage as we were short on them. We power leveled him in 3.5 days played and geared him from AQ40 and BWL(mix in AQ20) in 2 weeks and he was raiding after that.

If this was Vegas, I'd bet against you with everything I had. Sucker bet. My opinion. I think Blizzard is a long ways off from making any decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    You say that but I remember 2 very simple catchups that I was part of. One was my warrior, my guild was short on warriors(the only true tank, sorry Spanky druids were a stop gap) and had alot of locks, I had a warrior alt at the time that was mid 40's. We power leveled it through, you guess it, BRD and Strat to 60 in 24 hours played. Took it into MC with little to no gear and carried it through a clear(you usually had dead weight in 40 mans anyways) on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday(yes, multiple clears were easy to do by using rolling instances, you hearth out prior to the boss dying and kill the last 5% with 4 people) and then did the same with BWL(this was even easier to do as you could glitch razergore out and hearth out and kill with 1 player) and was geared and ready for AQ40 launch that was in a couple months. The next one was a Shaman from horde wanted to play with us in Naxx when Banana Boyz on Laughing skull died and came over and played mage as we were short on them. We power leveled him in 3.5 days played and geared him from AQ40 and BWL(mix in AQ20) in 2 weeks and he was raiding after that.
    This is not an example of catchup mechanics that exist for the majority of the population. The chances of this happening for someone is probably lower than the % of hardcore players.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    They're extending/creating massive goodwill, even if they turn around and never change. That goodwill is a major contribution.

I do expect they'll come up with some sort of fluff, or leave that to Nost's team. Beyond that, it would be nice if they address some takeaway points and/or developments.
    If what you say is remotely true, it would be an incredible PR flop. If a PR stunt, heads are going to roll, given that millions are now aware of the Legacy issue, thanks mainly to YouTube (yes some Blizzard hate got 2+ million views with a 98% like vote).

This is more than likely not what Blizzard wanted.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-06-01 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    What drought? it would take months for the majority to level up, then work into 5 mans to get their 0.5 tier dungeon sets and then UBRS

I hope people experience how a proper MMORPG should play either on a private server or if eventually Blizzard releases legacy servers Vanilla was the greatest MMORPG they ever was.
    UBRS was a 15 man dungeon. Where bosses dropped 2 pieces of loot. I am sure EVERYBODY is just dying to go back to that. Personally, if they ever do release legacy servers, I will be the guy with the UBRS key charging groups 10 gold a person to open the doors. Or did you forget about that too?

Vanilla was great when it released. It would be aweful by modern standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    UBRS was a 15 man dungeon. Where bosses dropped 2 pieces of loot. I am sure EVERYBODY is just dying to go back to that. Personally, if they ever do release legacy servers, I will be the guy with the UBRS key charging groups 10 gold a person to open the doors. Or did you forget about that too?

Trades like that are more social than modern WoW. It's funny you think this as a negative. Current WoW: no interaction, no negotiating, no involvement what-so-ever -- no nothing involving other people. You are making Vanilla look great, thank you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Trades like that are more social than modern WoW. It's funny you think this as a negative. Current WoW: no interaction, no negotiating, no involvement what-so-ever -- no nothing involving other people. You are making Vanilla look great, thank you.
    That doesn't look "great" to most people, even if you filter it to "social interaction (yay!)"

There is middle ground between that will make a lot more people happy!

If what you say is remotely true, it would be an incredible PR flop. If a PR stunt, heads are going to roll, given that millions are now aware of the Legacy issue, thanks mainly to YouTube (yes some Blizzard hate got 2+ million views with a 98% like vote).

This is more than likely not what Blizzard wanted.
    I'm saying they're building goodwill. How is that a PR flop/stunt?

The other part I'm speculating about, is the usual: quiet & vague about future plans. There's no flop/stunt/heads rolling in what I said.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

That doesn't look "great" to most people, even if you filter it to "social interaction (yay!)"
    If you say so

I'm saying they're building goodwill. How is that a PR flop/stunt?

The other part I'm speculating about, is the usual: quiet & vague about future plans. There's no flop/stunt/heads rolling in what I said.
    It is a potential PR flop because of how many have become aware of Legacy, remembering the fun game they used to know, then commenting on it, in a negative light to Blizzard. Here, YouTube, Facebook. It is a PR disaster, yes. A flop? We'll see. A success? you got to be joking.

The second part: you have your opinions. I don't think there will be any quiet or future plans. Given the PR disaster, any non-legacy plans will have very loud and certainly not subtle comments. The likely outcome is legacy servers. Blizzard's hole was already dug for them if they refuse.

1 person doesn't decide this. Social media does.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-06-01 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post

Blackrock Spire has two sections. The first is referred to as "lower spire", or LBRS, and is the main chunk of the instance, intended for a single group of players. The second is "upper spire", or UBRS, which is a much smaller area, but intended for 10 players setup in a group. The player cap was 15 prior to patch 1.10, when it was lowered to 10. The Seal of Ascension is a quest reward that was once used as a key to access this wing.
    Along with the new Armor Sets, the high-level 5-10 man dungeons have received some changes regarding loot. Many items have been improved in quality and use. In addition, several epic items, such as Headmaster's Charge and the Runeblade of Baron Rivendare, have had their drop rates significantly increased. In order to preserve the challenge of these dungeons, they have had their instance caps lowered. Stratholme, Scholomance, and Blackrock Depths now allow a maximum of five players inside, and Blackrock Spire allows a maximum of ten.
    So you never did UBRS after this patch? Luckily no one is telling you you have to play .

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't look "great" to most people, even if you filter it to "social interaction (yay!)".
    Interesting since most of the people who want this have used this exact reasoning, as part of many others, you are claiming is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    So you never did UBRS after this patch? Luckily no one is telling you you have to play .
    Actually, I played WoW in every iteration from Beta through to present day, and was there for every patch inbetween. If it happened in WoW, I probably did it at least once. And yes, I know that UBRS and the other 10 / 15 man raid dungeons were eventually re-tuned to be 5 man dungeons, but now you are making assumptions about what kind of Legacy Server blizzard might give us. No guarantee we will get a post patch 1.10 server.

Honestly, I really hope they DO release perfect legacy servers at some point, just so I can roll a toon on one to abuse the shit out of all the stupidly game breaking bugs design decisions that existed everywhere.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2016-06-01 at 03:59 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is a potential PR flop because of how many have become aware of Legacy, remembering the fun game they used to know, then commenting on it, in a negative light to Blizzard. Here, YouTube, Facebook. It is a PR disaster, yes. A flop? We'll see. A success? you got to be joking.

The second part: you have your opinions. I don't think there will be any quiet or future plans. Given the PR disaster, any non-legacy plans will have very loud and certainly not subtle comments. The likely outcome is legacy servers. Blizzard's hole was already dug for them if they refuse.
    You're talking about a different part of this. I'm talking about their goodwill in continuing to be positive, communicative. That is not a PR disaster. It is not a PR flop. It is probably the best they could hope for, as far as a "success." Do you believe it would have served them better to say nothing? To be negative? (Your "part two" says "no" to those.)

My opinion is based on a history of "quiet Blizzard." The Mark-meeting ended as a "we're still working on it," which would be a great tactic to repeat, as it often is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Interesting since most of the people who want this have used this exact reasoning, as part of many others, you are claiming is not.
    First, your sentence doesn't make grammatical sense. Next, let's not cut out an important part of my message. Starting over from that post:

There is middle ground between that will make a lot more people happy!

Of course "most of the people who want (this)" will filter things in a similar way, and use similar reasoning. That doesn't mean it applies to most people.

1 person doesn't decide this. Social media does.
    I never said anything to that. Again, you are talking about something different--related, but different.

You're talking about a different part of this. I'm talking about their goodwill in continuing to be positive, communicative. That is not a PR disaster. It is not a PR flop. It is probably the best they could hope for, as far as a "success." Do you believe it would have served them better to say nothing? To be negative? (Your "part two" says "no" to those.)

My opinion is based on a history of "quiet Blizzard." The Mark-meeting ended as a "we're still working on it," which would be a great tactic to repeat, as it often is.
    Your argument is akin to a tax-collector, giving back rubs and telling everyone they don't need the money or grain anyways - everything is OK.

It's not a PR flop until the outcome is resolved. But it looks like one currently. So far, it is a huge PR flop - silly Blizzard underestimating the people who founded their company.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-06-01 at 04:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your argument is akin to a tax-collector, given back rubs and telling everyone they don't need the money or grain anyways - everything is OK.

It's not a PR flop until the outcome is resolved. But it looks like one currently.
    Look, you can't read well, this I now understand.

I am not making an argument about the PR of Legacy as a whole. You are pointing out a different topic.

I am specifically saying this: Blizzard creates goodwill by keeping an open ear to Legacy seekers.

- - - Updated - - -

U]But it looks like one currently.[/U] So far, it is a huge PR flop - silly Blizzard underestimating the people who founded their company.
    This emphasis is further proof, we are talking about different parts of this.

I would like to add on: I am not arguing about anything substantial you're saying. My argument is with you deciding to change my subject.
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2016-06-01 at 04:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Yeah vs today where ALONE you can get raid ready (current tier) in 1 damn day through Tanaan.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am not making an argument about the PR of Legacy as a whole. You are pointing out a different topic.

I am specifically saying this: Blizzard creates goodwill by keeping an open ear to Legacy seekers.

- - - Updated - - -

This emphasis is further proof, we are talking about different parts of this.

I would like to add on: I am not arguing about anything substantial you're saying. My argument is with you deciding to change my subject.
    Many comments and rebutles made, many random comments in-between. Kindly restate your argument?

7+ Year Old Account
    Many comments and rebutles made, many random comments in-between. Kindly restate your argument?
    Your argument is akin to a tax-collector, given back rubs and telling everyone they don't need the money or grain anyways - everything is OK.

It's not a PR flop until the outcome is resolved. But it looks like one currently.

-----

-----

rebuttals*

I was making conversation, the argument being a result of you consistently changing my subject.