Deleted

WOD/WARCRAFT MOVIE: Activision/Blizzard how could you???

Now let me start by saying there are no spoilers to the movie, just the lore.

I have just watched the movie and I will say this now 11/10 Absolutely amazing film. But on my way home I got to thinking, Warlords of Draenor is surprisingly similar to the film, and by that I mean events that have happened in the movie are very similar to whats currently going on in the game.

Blizzard have openly said that WoD was a "Filler" expansion, but I think that's a lie. I think that either they were told, or actively chose to make an expansion that related to the film in the hope to increase numbers.

Let me explain:

The current expansion focuses on all the characters that are in the film, Draka, Durotan, Gul Dan, Blackhand, Khadgar, Garona. All the Orc clans including the Frostwolves. The dark Portal.... Orcs Invading Azeroth...

For anyone who doesn't play the game, in most countries has the opportunity to get a Free World of Warcraft battle chest to "continue the adventure" Ironically just before the movie was set to release the bundle added Warlords of Draenor. I believe that this "Filler" expansion was just a ploy to hopefully get people who are interested in the movie, a chance to get hooked on the game. And play out the story of Warcraft The Movie.

It might just be a coincidence, but I think that there is more to it than that. If I am right, then shame on blizzard for focussing more on the money than the community. WoD saw the biggest drop in numbers, and if the reason why this expansion was released was just so it made sense for new people who joined after watching the movie then Blizzard deserves the drop of subs for this crap expansion.

Would love feedback, let me know your opinion in the comments

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BEE-RYYY View Post

I have just watched the movie and I will say this now 11/10 Absolutely amazing film. But on my way home I got to thinking, Warlords of Draenor is surprisingly similar to the film, and by that I mean events that have happened in the movie are very similar to whats currently going on in the game.

Blizzard have openly said that WoD was a "Filler" expansion, but I think that's a lie. I think that either they were told, or actively chose to make an expansion that related to the film in the hope to increase numbers. Let me explain.

Let me explain:

The current expansion focuses on all the characters that are in the film, Draka, Durotan, Gul Dan, Blackhand, Khadgar, Garona. All the Orc clans including the Frostwolves. The dark Portal.... Orcs Invading Azeroth...

For anyone who doesn't play the game, in most countries has the opportunity to get a Free World of Warcraft battle chest to "continue the adventure" Ironically just before the movie was set to release the bundle added Warlords of Draenor. I believe that this "Filler" expansion was just a ploy to hopefully get people who are interested in the movie, a chance to get hooked on the game. And play out the story of Warcraft The Movie.

It might just be a coincidence, but I think that there is more to it than that. If I am right, then shame on blizzard for focussing more on the money than the community. WoD saw the biggest drop in numbers, and if the reason why this expansion was released was just so it made sense for new people who joined after watching the movie then Blizzard deserves the drop of subs for this crap expansion.

Did you not play the original Warcraft RTS games?

The movie is based on the story from WC1. The whole point of WoD was that it was a retelling of the events of WC1, except that the orcs refused to drink Mannoroth's blood because Garrosh had brought technology back to them so they didn't need to rely on it and as a byproduct end up being slaves to the Burning Legion.

I'd do some basic research before you start calling shame on anybody except yourself.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-05-31 at 11:49 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Yes I played the RTS. but youve just basically said what ive said. movie Based on RTS, WOD is a re telling of RTS, which the movie is based on.

It was of my belief before the game even came out that Warlords of Draenor was absolutely made to tie in with the movie and to introduce the very important lore characters to familiarize them to people who have not played Warcraft 1. It's frankly quite obvious IMO.

And yes that sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Did you not play the original Warcraft RTS games?

The movie is based on the story from WC1. The whole point of WoD was that it was a retelling of the events of WC1, except that the orcs refused to drink Mannoroth's blood because Garrosh had brought technology back to them so they didn't need to rely on it and as a byproduct end up being slaves to the Burning Legion.

I'd do some basic research before you start calling shame on anybody except yourself.
    Well Obviously they are not going to retell the whole story as it was. There would need to be a difference otherwise people would not invest in the expansion in the first place. Yes I played the RTS. but youve just basically said what ive said. movie Based on RTS, WOD is a re telling of RTS, which the movie is based on.

If WoD was a ploy to get people interested in the movie, wouldn't they have timed their releases to be a little closer together...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    If WoD was a ploy to get people interested in the movie, wouldn't they have timed their releases to be a little closer together...?
    MoP was already dragging as one of the longest released expansion. we were on the last patch for like 15 months. I Bet if they could get away with it, they wouldve pushed it closer to the film

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BEE-RYYY View Post

Blizzard have openly said that WoD was a "Filler" expansion, but I think that's a lie. I think that either they were told, or actively chose to make an expansion that related to the film in the hope to increase numbers.

Let me explain:

Um.............the move is based off Warcraft 1 so I should hope it has all those?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Um.............the move is based off Warcraft 1 so I should hope it has all those?
    The main focus isnt about the movie, im pointing more towards the game being a filler for the movie to gain money

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    It was of my belief before the game even came out that Warlords of Draenor was absolutely made to tie in with the movie and to introduce the very important lore characters to familiarize them to people who have not played Warcraft 1. It's frankly quite obvious IMO.

And yes that sucks.
    This guy understands XD

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Afaik the movie was supposed to release fairly earlier, but got delayed to 2016 after they had announced WoD, so it's not impossible, but most likely impossible to prove.

Either way it kinda still works, consdiering WoD now is part of the base game, and for actual new players it won't matter that they're not playing the content while current, because honestly they'll have a lot to do and catch up on for very little money spent.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-06-01 at 12:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Duncan Jones has alluded to other stories being tossed about, and used for past scripts.

It's likely WoD did coincide with the movie as a plan.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.