Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Where are you from?
    The UK, this was the local CITY cinema that i had to drive 12 miles to that everyone uses.. Shocked to see it empty and sad to be honest its normally rammed at this time. Loads of people about just not for warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    The UK, this was the local CITY cinema that i had to drive 12 miles to that everyone uses.. Shocked to see it empty and sad to be honest its normally rammed at this time. Loads of people about just not for warcraft.
    That's weird... what time was it at? Was there some sort of other event going on that you guys didn't know about? Heck... is it a big city?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got back from seeing it, the movie was better than i was expecting it to be. Not brilliant but yeah better than expected. I think it will struggle to make any real profit though.

I went to the 9:40 showing at the local big cinema (still small by some people standards but normally packed this time) anyway i got my brother to take a picture of us there.. We were the only ones who shown up! With a turn out like this as a popular time what hope does it honestly have?
    Okay, so where are you from exactly? What time of the day did you watch it?

Also, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. I went to the premiere in Sweden and a 2nd screening tonight. The theater was fairly crowded, even though it was not completely full (the city I live in is fairly small anyway).

The box office numbers are disagreeing with you as well. It has been doing really well so far in every country that it has premiered in. We'll still have to see how much money it will make overall, but it is not going to flop with the numbers it is making right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    That's weird... what time was it at? Was there some sort of other event going on that you guys didn't know about? Heck... is it a big city?
    Nope no other events 9:40 so a solid time that most people hit the cinema here never have i seen the place so dead. (in our screen) X-Men was rammed..

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Okay, so where are you from exactly? What time of the day did you watch it?

Also, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. I went to the premiere in Sweden and a 2nd screening tonight. The theater was fairly crowded, even though it was not completely full (the city I live in is fairly small anyway).

The box office numbers are disagreeing with you as well. It has been doing really well so far in every country that it has premiered in. We'll still have to see how much money it will make overall, but it is not going to flop with the numbers it is making right now.
    I hope it doesnt flop i want another one! just unless this was a pure freak occasion it doesnt look good. At least locally. Oh and UK and 9:40 as above.

Just to prove this is not lies. Booked in 10 mins before start of movie here is the ticket.

Last edited by Stacie; 2016-05-31 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I do not want to promote myself, but I made these Durotan and Orgrim sprites for Duncan's birthday the other day! I also tweeted it to Rob and he liked it. What do you guys think?

Sometimes all you need is tiny pixelart~
    They look cute. =P

Just got back from seeing it, the movie was better than i was expecting it to be. Not brilliant but yeah better than expected. I think it will struggle to make any real profit though.

I went to the 9:40 showing at the local big cinema (still small by some people standards but normally packed this time) anyway i got my brother to take a picture of us there.. We were the only ones who shown up! With a turn out like this at a popular time what hope does it honestly have?
    Not many people go to the cinema on Tuesday's though it'll probably make more on the weekend.

Deleted

I went to the 9:40 showing at the local big cinema (still small by some people standards but normally packed this time) anyway i got my brother to take a picture of us there.. We were the only ones who shown up! With a turn out like this at a popular time what hope does it honestly have?
    I think this has more to do with it coming out on a Monday in the UK, most people i've spoken to who've seen it advertised but aren't die hard Warcraft fans didn't even know it was out yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    Not many people go to the cinema on Tuesday's though it'll probably make more on the weekend.
    Yes. Tuesdays at 10. People don't really go watch movies at that time.

Fingers crossed bud, i want them to make a #2 i often go around this time on a Tuesday though and its never been this empty and like i said the other movie was was on had allot of people going to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    At least it's not 18% anymore :P. Btw that article saying David Bowie was the only one who liked the Warcraft movie pissed me off. Don't understand how people can be so cruel.

I don't know why the reviews are naff, the movie its self was fairly good. I wouldn't go see it at cinema again but ill defiantly buy it when its out (rare for me to do that) i would score it 7/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be very interesting to see how it fares in the east in the next couple of days. I'm midly interested in how it does in domestic, but I'm honestly pretty much certain it won't do well here, even though word of mouth from the general audiance is good, people still care about the ''buzz of reviewers'' but we'll see, the competition is the main decider.

Both Finding Dory and TMNT in the US are honestly a fair thing to predict to do better. Conjuring, I have no idea, maybe it pulls ahead, since it's an established sequel, but who knows. Regardless, I think the east and the general release over the next month will be what decides the future of it, not even sorely the domestic B.O.

At least it's not 18% anymore :P. Btw that article saying David Bowie was the only one who liked the Warcraft movie pissed me off. Don't understand how people can be so cruel.
    As we all have been saying for days now, these critics are biased towards videogame movies. There simply is no other way. What else would be the reason why so many are giving it such bad reviews, while some others give it very good reviews and some even praising it like its the best thing? It all really seems strange to me.

And now this. This is really getting out of hand. Its just a movie and as I once found someone saying, these reviews makes it sound like Duncan ran over their dog :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it doesnt flop i want another one! just unless this was a pure freak occasion it doesnt look good. At least locally. Oh and UK and 9:40 as above.

Just to prove this is not lies. Booked in 10 mins before start of movie here is the ticket.

Ah, okay. Well, I don't know much about where you live, so it is hard for me to tell the reason why it was empty. Still, the movie has been doing well. Hopefully it will continue on in a similar fashion.

Just saw it, its not a very good movie... Its "ok". About as bad as BvS. Lots of people not even understanding how RT works anyway. Its not meaning its 2.2/10. It means 88% of the reviews were negative, pretty much after watching it i agree with. Id give is a 5/10. Meaning my score is pretty much in line with 88% of the reviewers. Im a fan of warcraft and this is still not a good movie. I also laugh at who ever said its the best CGI they ever seen......... yeah no. Then again thats kind of the point, if this is the best cgi you ever seen, its mean the better CGI fooled you into thinking they werent using CGI.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-06-01 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Really not lloking good for two of the three largest markets though.
    What do you mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Critic or not, that kind of behaviour is inexcusable. Not even the review from The Wrap went that low. When you manage to outdo the author who rated one of the worst anime adaptions of all time a 4/5, you have managed reached a new kind of low.

Deleted
    Could anyone actually find the review with David Bowie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Could anyone actually find the review with David Bowie?
    http://www.obsev.com/entertainment/d...aft-movie.html