Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    As we all have been saying for days now, these critics are biased towards videogame movies. There simply is no other way. What else would be the reason why so many are giving it such bad reviews, while some others give it very good reviews and some even praising it like its the best thing? It all really seems strange to me.

And now this. This is really getting out of hand. Its just a movie and as I once found someone saying, these reviews makes it sound like Duncan ran over their dog :P
    I was a long time player of WoW. Between Vanilla and WotLK I was lead healer in a top 60 world ranked guild. I don't play now, but despite my dislike how Blizzard have taken the game, it's very much down real life commitments more than anything else.
    I genuinely wanted the movie to do well at first. But the longer it got dragged out, the more I knew it was just going to be embarrassing. I'll admit, I haven't seen it yet. I intend to, because I feel it's unfair to judge a movie without seeing it personally. But when countless trailers fail to excite me, I tend not to expect much. And the critics have just about confirmed my fears.
    A movie that expects it's viewers to have some knowledge of Warcraft's back story, being released at a time when interest in Warcraft is at a relatively all time low.
    I won't be spending money on a movie ticket. I'll wait till I can stream it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I was a long time player of WoW. Between Vanilla and WotLK I was lead healer in a top 60 world ranked guild. I don't play now, but despite my dislike how Blizzard have taken the game, it's very much down real life commitments more than anything else.
    I genuinely wanted the movie to do well at first. But the longer it got dragged out, the more I knew it was just going to be embarrassing. I'll admit, I haven't seen it yet. I intend to, because I feel it's unfair to judge a movie without seeing it personally. But when countless trailers fail to excite me, I tend not to expect much. And the critics have just about confirmed my fears.
    A movie that expects it's viewers to have some knowledge of Warcraft's back story, being released at a time when interest in Warcraft is at a relatively all time low.
    Despite most people here saying it was good?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Just saw it, its not a very good movie... Its "ok". About as bad as BvS. Lots of people not even understanding how RT works anyway. Its not meaning its 2.2/10. It means 88% of the reviews were negative, pretty much after watching it i agree with. Id give is a 5/10. Meaning my score is pretty much in line with 88% of the reviewers. Im a fan of warcraft and this is still not a good movie. I also laugh at who ever said its the best CGI they ever seen......... yeah no. Then again thats kind of the point, if this is the best cgi you ever seen, its mean the better CGI fooled you into thinking they werent using CGI.
    Do you know any examples of better facial CGI?

I haven't even seen it. I'm just curious what you'd think is more emotive/related CGI (not robot, not masked figures, not environments).

They've pointed toward the work Industrial Light and Magic has done with facial / body motion capture many times.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

I'm sorry but that has to be shittiest "reason" why you'll not see it. People with ZERO prior knowledge of Warcraft lore like it. Its not a few handful, I'm talking about A LOT of people. Oh and its only very few critics whose reviews are RT. If you also base your taste on the taste of some degenerates then I feel so sorry for you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Despite most people here saying it was good?
    You mean most fans of a WoW fansite liked a WoW movie? Holy shit!

A movie that expects it's viewers to have some knowledge of Warcraft's back story
    That is so not true! I went in with my friend who isn't a fan (and knows 0 about Warcraft) and he came out loving it, giving it 9/10. I asked him if he got confused about anything and he said no, since stuff was explained well enough.

Everyone keeps acting like this movie is unwatchable for non-fans but that is so not true. I have seen a ton of movies where I didn't know the back story and I usually like these movies.

It is NOT only fans! And we keep telling you all you doubt'ers this every time! Heck look up Duncan on Twitter, he retweets a ton of reactions and I bet half of those aren't even fans!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taro10 View Post
    I'm sorry but that has to be shittiest "reason" why you'll not see it. People with ZERO prior knowledge of Warcraft lore like it. Its not a few handful, I'm talking about A LOT of people. Oh and its only very few critics whose reviews are RT. If you also base your taste on the taste of some degenerates then I feel so sorry for you...
    A LOT of people with no previous interest in Warcraft got a lot from this movie? Seasoned critics? Not that I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, now find me some Dragonball Z fans that liked Dragonball Evolution, or some Avatar the last air bender fans that liked that movie. If a movie really sucks not even the fans will like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weren't you the dude who made a thread months ago about how your friends were laughing at you or something for having interesting in this while watching the NFL? I think you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, now find me some Dragonball Z fans that liked Dragonball Evolution, or some Avatar the last air bender fans that liked that movie. If a movie really sucks not even the fans will like it.
    I liked The Last Airbender. Never seen it a second time but it was alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the negative critics have just been hating for the sake of hating. Half of the negative reviews have been rather unprofessional, they really sound like the blog of someone with an axe to grind.

Deleted
    And them dragging non-fans to it who also liked it? =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Your kidding right? That movie was terrible and I loved the tv show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    We'ren't you the dude who made a thread months ago about how your friends were laughing at you or something for having interesting in this while watching the NFL? I think you are.
    Why the hell would I watch the NFL? We have rugby here, champ. Oh, and Shinty

A LOT of people with no previous interest in Warcraft got a lot from this movie? Seasoned critics? Not that I've seen.
    Why do you want critics opinions? Isn't it normal for a critic to know about the movie he is about to review? Would a non-Marvel reviewer, a person who knows 0 and isn't even into superhero movies, be a good choice to review a new Iron Man movie? Or Captain America movie? I doubt that

I trust the public more than I trust critics

Deleted
    What are seasoned critics, exactly? What qualifications do they have which makes their opinions worth more than the audience's?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    What are seasoned critics, exactly? What qualifications do they have which makes their opinions worth more than the audience's?
    I'd post a LMGTFY, but I think that's against the rules

Well, whatever credibility you had as a human being just vanished like a fart in the wind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    if this is the best cgi you ever seen, its mean the better CGI fooled you into thinking they werent using CGI.
    Well, that's an infallible conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

If you want a good review, take a look at this danish review from Politikken (you need to be a sub to view the full article though). But they are praising this movie, calling it one of the best fantasy movies ever made.

http://politiken.dk/kultur/filmogtv/...lm-nogensinde/

They gave it 5/6 hearts. Trust me, not everyone hates this movie...