Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Why do you want critics opinions? Isn't it normal for a critic to know about the movie he is about to review? Would a non-Marvel reviewer, a person who knows 0 and isn't even into superhero movies, be a good choice to review a new Iron Man movie? Or Captain America movie? I doubt that

I trust the public more than I trust critics
    I'd MUCH rather have an unbiased review. So yes, I'd prefer someone reviewing a Marvel movie on its merit as a movie than someone reading into the Canon and ignoring the whole point of why we go to watch mindless action flicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    A LOT of people with no previous interest in Warcraft got a lot from this movie? Seasoned critics? Not that I've seen.
    You're basing your idea off of a HANDFUL US reviews... Someone link this retard the European Reviews...

I was a long time player of WoW. Between Vanilla and WotLK I was lead healer in a top 60 world ranked guild. I don't play now, but despite my dislike how Blizzard have taken the game, it's very much down real life commitments more than anything else.
    I genuinely wanted the movie to do well at first. But the longer it got dragged out, the more I knew it was just going to be embarrassing. I'll admit, I haven't seen it yet. I intend to, because I feel it's unfair to judge a movie without seeing it personally. But when countless trailers fail to excite me, I tend not to expect much. And the critics have just about confirmed my fears.
    A movie that expects it's viewers to have some knowledge of Warcraft's back story, being released at a time when interest in Warcraft is at a relatively all time low.
    I won't be spending money on a movie ticket. I'll wait till I can stream it.
    That's a pretty lame reason to not see the movie in theaters, it's meant to be watched in the cinema... give me a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked The Last Airbender. Never seen it a second time but it was alright.
    So you are giving one of the worst movie adaptations of all time, The Last Airbender, a pass, but decide to skip the WarCraft movie based on what the reviewers on Metacritic and Rotten Tomates said about it?

Deleted
    If you want a good review, take a look at this danish review from Politikken (you need to be a sub to view the full article though). But they are praising this movie, calling it one of the best fantasy movies ever made.

http://politiken.dk/kultur/filmogtv/...lm-nogensinde/

They gave it 5/6 hearts. Trust me, not everyone hates this movie...
    Are hearts bigger kudos than stars?

Are hearts bigger kudos than stars?
    That has nothing to do with this case. But are you convinced that this movie is good now? Because if you are not, then you are simply biased towards good reviews, that's all I can tell...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    So you are giving one of the worst adaptations of all time, The Last Airbender, a pass, but decides to skip the WarCraft movie based on what the reviewers on Metacritic said about it?
    Hey I'll still watch it, but the trailers looked fucking terrible. I'm expecting very little. The Last Airbender was mindless fun, I expected nothing. Perhaps my expectations for Warcraft were just too high to begin with, but from what I've seen its going to bomb, hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a good review, take a look at this danish review from Politikken (you need to be a sub to view the full article though). But they are praising this movie, calling it one of the best fantasy movies ever made.

http://politiken.dk/kultur/filmogtv/...lm-nogensinde/

They gave it 5/6 hearts. Trust me, not everyone hates this movie...
    To be honest, there's people who simply are in the mindset of not caring for it, it's pretty pointless to try and convince them. Hell sometimes it's even simply because it's related to Blizzard, they do have a lot of people who dislike them. Alas, the general audiance who actually seen the movie likes it, there's others who simply aren't willing to give it a shot, but they sure as hell will let you know how much they don't care about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched with a lot of critics (all nerds and warcraft fans).

Score- 5,6.

The critics are not overreatcing. The film is not terrible, but it is not good.

It changed the lore, not small changes - major changes they dont need. A lot of problems with pace not a single epic battle (maybe one).

Many plots too many major caract

As a movie it is just ok. As a Warcraft movie it is ok or bad if you like lore. Not going to spoil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd MUCH rather have an unbiased review. So yes, I'd prefer someone reviewing a Marvel movie on its merit as a movie than someone reading into the Canon and ignoring the whole point of why we go to watch mindless action flicks.
    There is always going to be some bias in a review of anything. What you asking for is pretty much impossible. The only thing you can do with bias in these cases are to explain them to your audience, which is the point of a critic.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-06-01 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    but they sure as hell will let you know how much they don't care about it.
    Right you are. Right you are. And we obviously need to know how much they don't care. Like all the comments on IGN

this movi will bomb hard
    it will flop
    worst cg i evar
    And you are commenting because...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    There is always going to be some bias in a review of anything. What you asking for is pretty much impossible. The only thing you can do with bias in these cases are to explain them to your audience, which is the point of a critic.
    No, it's the point of a good selection of critics. I think it's fair to assume that no matter how many reviews this movie gets, it's never going to get above a 6/10. And that's a generous forecast.

Quote Originally Posted by Isurith View Post
    Fast. We can feel that they tried as much as possible to keep it tragic
    It's more like comic, with her mug looking smeared with Brilliant Green. It is a CGI character, so why that fake blood?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianos View Post
    Considered how there's critics who treated this movie as the worst shit ever, you quite contradicted yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I'll still watch it, but the trailers looked fucking terrible. I'm expecting very little. The Last Airbender was mindless fun, I expected nothing. Perhaps my expectations for Warcraft were just too high to begin with, but from what I've seen its going to bomb, hard.
    Well, Avatar: The Last Airbender is a critically acclaimed animated series, and is considered by plenty of people to be one of the best television shows ever made. You may not have had any expectations in regards to the movie, but perhaps now you understand why it is considered the bottom of the barrel in regards to cinema. It is considered to be a massive insult to the source material in more ways than one.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-06-01 at 12:53 AM.

Score- 5,6.

It changed the lore, not small changes - major changes they dont need. A lot of problems with pace not a single epic battle (maybe one).

As a movie it is just ok. As a Warcraft movie it is ok or bad if you like lore. Not going to spoil.
    Pretty sure these changes were made for the movie, because its a movie. You need to remember that. This is a movie, not a game and therefore certain changes has to be made. Could the original events be kept? Maybe, but Duncan is a director and a fan, and most likely knows better than you what needed to change. ALSO remember this movie is both for those who know about Warcraft and those who doesn't. If something gets too confusing, it just wouldn't work. Like Gul'dan mind controlling Garona, which maybe would seem strange to the audience. They probably changed it to give an impact about Llane and Garona's relationship.

10+ Year Old Account

Score- 5,6.

I disagree, while certain things it in felt out of place from those who know the lore, its a story onto itself and retelling with some alterations to the narrative, but it still keeps to the main elements and characters, they actually felt like their characters.

No, it's the point of a good selection of critics. I think it's fair to assume that no matter how many reviews this movie gets, it's never going to get above a 6/10. And that's a generous forecast.
    Hey Buddy, check the european reviews... Shut up and sit down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Actually, the probable score among critics out of US is somewhere between 6.5 and 7. The most balanced reviews definitely goes for the "good, not great".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taro10 View Post
    Hey Buddy, check the european reviews... Shut up and sit down.
    I don't think he knows how to do that. All he knows to do is to remind us that the US reviews are bad. He is also only capable of ignoring the good reviews, ESPECIALLY those from Europe

In a way he is claiming all the European reviews are all fanboys lol