Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    We've been over this. We've gone over this for 43 pages now. Some people think that the gorilla is worth more than the child. More people disagree.
    Most people with common sense side with the gorilla.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    If a three year old can bypass your gorilla enclosure's security then you are bad at your job and should feel bad for causing that gorilla to lose it's life.
    The child's mother was busy taking a selfie.

I think shitty parenting is a definite factor here.

10+ Year Old Account
    The argument here seems to be which life is more precious, the boy or the ape? In reality, the answer is: neither. They are both equally worthless. This newfound belief that all life is precious is ridiculous and completely against nature and human behavior since the very beginning. Being a human, I would side with... humans! Any person who sides with a different species has a mental affliction I can not relate to.

If you love all life, did you cry when bin Laden was killed? How about Stalin and Hitler? How about the dog that tried to drag off the little boy and got ambushed by Attack Cat? How about the pit bull that killed my friend's niece? People are generally happy when something "evil" dies. Good thing this is a forum for a game where you kill animals for their hunks of meat and people because they are "bad" (and to rob them of their shinies), otherwise I would marvel at the pure hypocrisy of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    You tried it! I see what you're doing but unfortunately today I'm cool as a cucumber.
    In other words: not today, Satan. Not today.
    Steve Jobs owned a PC.

A lot of people that wanted to see the boy die probably doesn't want most humans alive.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

I think shitty parenting is a definite factor here.
    Shitty parents are nothing new and should be a consideration when designing an attraction meant for the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Shitty parents are nothing new and should be a consideration when designing an attraction meant for the general public.
    Sure, the zoo has likely had thousands of shitty parents visit the zoo/gorilla exhibit. Only one child managed to get into the gorilla exhibit during its several decades of existence, however.

So we can likely chalk it up to EXTRAORDINARILY shitty parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Urok View Post
    Infinitely more important? I think not. Maybe it is a cruel thing to say but a member of an endangered species is way more important in my eyes. Enough how many our deforestation/pollution killed. Not only for this species of course but for every other species that is endangered or already extinct, its abhorrent how we still contribute to the demise of species just for business men to line their pockets.
    So if it was between your own life and a gorilla's, you'd be okay with dying so that a Gorilla could live?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

Wait, is that true? If that's the case I guess Spinner's argument that people are unfair to the mother and that she was obviously taking care of her other children (and let's not forget how you advocated their murder) just committed seppuku. "My son told me he's going to play with gorillas in their enclosure. Time to take a selfie." *Insert Jackie Chan and/or Snape meme*
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If only the gorilla had a gun, this whole thing could have been avoided.

Seriously though, how is it even possible a 4 year old can get into the enclosure - it's the zoo's fault.
    Seriously though, how can a parent lose track of their 4 year old - it's the parent's fault.
    Seriously though, if that kid did not get himself in there, there would be no need to kill the gorilla - it's the kid's fault.
    Seriously though, if that gorilla was not in the enclosure, he would not have been shot - it's the gorilla's fault.
    Seriously though, if people did not pay to go to the zoo, there would be no zoo, and no gorilla - it's the zoo-goers fault.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Wait, is that true? If that's the case I guess Spinner's argument that people are unfair to the mother and that she was obviously taking care of her other children (and let's not forget how you advocated their murder) just committed seppuku. "My son told me he's going to play with gorillas in their enclosure. Time to take a selfie." *Insert Jackie Chan and/or Snape meme*
    That's what I read, but shrug. Who knows, it's the internet.

I also read that she was tending to other children.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    When the zoo has had NO problems for the past 30+ years, it's not just a "kid being a kid" , fuck, the kids I've ever met aren't as stupid as this kid was.

The reason why everyone so mad the gorilla died over The animals you listed is because IT'S FUCKING ENDANGERED SPECIES. Jeez I fear for the animal kingdom with people like half of you would be willing to pick the human even if the animal was say the last male of its kind.
    Because you haven't met them, that means there aren't any? Hey, I'm not the one trying to imply kids are smart, they're dumb as fuck at young age.
    Anyway, you're being a huge hypocrite. Is it fine to kill the animal if it wasn't endagered? If yes, why? Doesn't sound fair to the other animals. And if it was endangered, take care of it better next time. Simple as that. Zoo's and the parents fault. Don't blame the curious little boy. Heck how old was he? 5? 6?

We are at the top of the food chain, so that wouldn't be a uncommon thought. Animals will live just fine based on their surroundings. If they're no longer needed, they will eventually sieze to exist just like many other arts have died. Some from human activity, others simply because they don't serve much purpose. Don't be butthurt about it. Humans have helped, and are still helping a lot of arts surviving through diseases and other activities, some caused by humans, others not.

Good luck having an animal help a human out with something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Because you haven't met them, that means there aren't any? Hey, I'm not the one trying to imply kids are smart, they're dumb as fuck at young age.
    Anyway, you're being a huge hypocrite. Is it fine to kill the animal if it wasn't endagered? If yes, why? Doesn't sound fair to the other animals. And if it was endangered, take care of it better next time. Simple as that. Zoo's and the parents fault. Don't blame the curious little boy. Heck how old was he? 5? 6?

We are at the top of the food chain, so that wouldn't be a uncommon thought. Animals will live just fine based on their surroundings. If they're no longer needed, they will eventually sieze to exist just like many other arts have died. Some from human activity, others simply because they don't serve much purpose. Don't be butthurt about it. Humans have helped, and are still helping a lot of arts surviving through diseases and other activities, some caused by humans, others not.

Good luck having an animal help a human out with something.
    What does this have to do with arts? lol

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I read, but shrug. Who knows, it's the internet.

I also read that she was tending to other children.

She has four kids.

Frankly, a well supervised kid doesn't just jump in the gorilla pen.

We've all seen Tarzan. That Gorilla was probably going to be a better parent than that mother will ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    She has four kids.

Frankly, a well supervised kid doesn't just jump in the gorilla pen.

We've all seen Tarzan. That Gorilla was probably going to be a better parent than that mother will ever be.
    Yeah, I have to admit, not looking good for the kid. I'm the oldest of five and while my parents were not good parents in many different ways, we didn't end up in a gorilla exhibit at the zoo.

Admittedly we were not stupid enough to go in the exhibits in the first place...especially ones with a 10-15 foot moat...yes I know the kid was four year old but still, lol. I guess one could say he was possibly quite determined/precocious.

My dad intentionally left me at the mall once but he was being an asshole, was mad because I had to use the bathroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    So basically, instead of killing gorillas, kill your children instead. Because apparently if there is ever any accident that ever occurs where a parent wasn't the image of perfection in parenting, suddenly limiting childbirths akin to china is being considered.

If a three year old did it in mere moments (which I assume to be the case, otherwise literally anyone else would have alerted somebody to the child jumping into the exhibit) then I doubt it was very effective. Also, I like how when a child gets in its the parent's fault but if there aren't any children getting in then that must be thanks to the zoo.

One parent can't watch four kids. She should've stopped at one instead of becoming a "day care administrator"

15+ Year Old Account
    I get that they can't charge anyone for causing the death of the gorilla. I'm just not sure how the mother isn't at minimum being looked at for possible neglect. Four kids or not, she let one of them have enough time to get into the enclosure.

One parent can't watch four kids. She should've stopped at one instead of becoming a "day care administrator"
    One parent = four kids is fine. I think that is the ratio of adult:child expected at day cares, or something around that number.

But if you're the type of parent that lets your kids do whatever and you don't feel like disciplining/controlling them (especially when they're young), four is way too many.

10+ Year Old Account
    One parent = four kids is fine. I think that is the ratio of adult:child expected at day cares, or something around that number.

But if you're the type of parent that lets your kids do whatever and you don't feel like disciplining/controlling them (especially when they're young), four is way too many.
    Should've rephrased.

4 is clearly too much for her given what happened: The kid said "I wanna play with the Gorillas", the mother says "No you're not" and looks away to tend for the kids.

Should've rephrased.

4 is clearly too much for her given what happened: The kid said "I wanna play with the Gorillas", the mother says "No you're not" and looks away to tend for the kids.
    Yeah agreed, also honestly quite strange as I would think that the instinct of most mothers in that situation would be to keep a particular eye on the kid after making such a statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah agreed, also honestly quite strange as I would think that the instinct of most mothers in that situation would be to keep a particular eye on the kid after making such a statement.
    I suppose it depends on the kid, whether you know they are the "obey the parents at all times" or the impulsive kind. However, that's something you figure out a LOOOOOOOOOONG time before hand. Like my folks knew I was a "obey the law" gal, but my sister was the darter / rebel.