10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I'll wait for Mark Kermode. I guarantee he rips this movie a new arsehole though.
    Oh really.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Oh really.

Hahaha you beat me to it... Damn it! Now he'll come up with another excuse lol

I just facepalmed about 71 times

Now I must rest

Deleted
    I'll wait for Mark Kermode. I guarantee he rips this movie a new arsehole though.
    How embarrassing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Oh really.

Haha! Wasn't expecting that! Not getting my hopes up but a little more inclined to see it now

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    How can you win when winning means that someone loses? I feel really sorry for you, I do.
    dont tell me, you dont like to keep score nor even find out you were right..

its okay..

people like that work for my dad... and soon me.

i like those people.... its good business

Stood in the Fire crazyafgandudes's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    dont tell me, you dont like to keep score nor even find out you were right..

its okay..

people like that work for my dad... and soon me.

i like those people.... its good business
    Goteem, also, like the mysterious girlfriend x profile picture!
    Sometimes I reply to people when I have something to say about it. All hail gabeN

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think one of the big issues is that Duncan was being hit by wave after wave of personal tragedy as they were making the movie. He certainly poured his heart and soul into what he was doing, but he far exceeded his initial budget and ran out of money forcing him to cut the film to 2h. It's a pretty sad story to hear everything he dealt with during production.

http://nerdist.com/nerdist-podcast-duncan-jones/

It's a good listen for anyone who's a Duncan Jones fan. It gets uncomfortable when Hardwick starts talking to him about his father passing, but he talks more about it than he's previously said. Lots of different things going on for him over the course of shooting, including his child being conceived about 9 months ago...
    But Vegas82, if i'm not mistaken, unless it's a pretty famous director with a long history and lots of movies, usually it's not the director who says the screen time, the studio gives the time and the director/film editor has to cut it until it's in the required movie duration (this is where things turn into a mess).

I'm not entirely sure , it can be the theory you guys told, about the order from the studio to cut it so it could be a summer movie.
    Last edited by Draedarr; 2016-06-01 at 04:43 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Just got back from seeing it, the movie was better than i was expecting it to be. Not brilliant but yeah better than expected. I think it will struggle to make any real profit though.

I went to the 9:40 showing at the local big cinema (still small by some people standards but normally packed this time) anyway i got my brother to take a picture of us there.. We were the only ones who shown up! With a turn out like this at a popular time what hope does it honestly have?
    This is what happens when you release 2 big movies in the same week, looking at seating chart at my local cinema TMNT 2 is getting more butts in seats than Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    Not many people go to the cinema on Tuesday's though it'll probably make more on the weekend.
    It is half term here.

TMNT 2 is getting worse reviews than Warcraft o_O

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    TMNT 2 is getting worse reviews than Warcraft o_O
    welcome to the age of critical snobbery. It's like people have forgotten how to have fun at the cinema

For those who have seen it. 3D or 2D? Most of the time I cannot choose coz only 3D is available but I prefer 2D(except 3D is really really well done). But this time I can choose.. yay...

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    For those who have seen it. 3D or 2D? Most of the time I cannot choose coz only 3D is available but I prefer 2D(except 3D is really really well done). But this time I can choose.. yay...
    I watched it in 2D and it looked great. I usually get headaches from 3D, so I can't comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    Up to you. I only watch in 2D because I wear glasses and wearing 3D glasses on top of normal glasses are a pain

Seen it and i usually dont have high expectations for movies i want to like. And if i must be REALLY harsh and critical, id give the movie a solid 6.5/10, but if id ignore the "bad" i can give it a 7..7.5/10.
    Like many have said, the pacing is terrible, also... no wonder, the movie is missing ca. 40min of footage. Maybe it would be better with some deleted scenes, who knows.

But the CGI scenes/battles - just wow.. incredible. - DO NOT listen to those critics giving it less than 50%, that IS JUST BULL-CRAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Because that's the definition of winning? You're hoping for this film to be a massive success like most of us on here right? For that to happen someone else's film will have to suffer as people don't typically go see many different movies in a weekend. As such, many will likely fail to make money. So, by your weird logic, nobody can win in any situation ever unless every competitor is equally successful. That's just bad for evolution.
    Being happy that something or someone fails makes you a new kind of sad, and now add to it that the thing that fails is something that you are supposed to enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I think they are right the story doesn't quite hit home. The original story clearly painted the horde as the bad guys, and showed a much more human centric view.

I think they played the movie like they play the game...which is too skewed and doesn't work for a story. The game has tried very hard to balance the factions, it has had a near unbroken run of horde building up from TBC, Legion is the first that really comes out from that by focusing on the night elves in a neutral capacity ala WC3 style. And so they have tried to rebuild the original story in a balanced way I think is a mistake

Because the horde not been evil, is a huge revelation in WC3, that is only hinted at in WC1/2 by the actions of the orcs vs gul'dan. Then you get to find out the real reason behind their corruption. And I don't like the news that Thrall is going to play a major role in the following movies. He needs to be there ofc, and come out in WC3, but he is only a 3rd of the story, humans and the scourge is the bulk, night elves start half way through but carry on into TFT as a major part. but it sounds like their involvement is going to be quite minimal, cos your'e not going to have enough time to show everything.

I would have preferred they started by focusing on a character. Notice how in LotR, there is a slow build up, you see Frodo and co as very relatable characters, in a relatable setting, with only one odd thing, when you realize they're not quite human, being much shorter standing next to Gandalf. But all the relatable stuff builds character, builds humanity...before all the fantasy stuff comes full on.

I remember watching D&D -- and feeling the same thing as I did in warcraft. It looked amazing (at the time) but wtf is all of this, didn't understand any of the customs, things, circle of mages - no introduction to them, what they are what they mean, it just felt so ... out there. Same for Warcraft.

If they had started with maybe showing young Lothar and his sister, meeting young Llane, build them up a bit as the people you care for. You care for the Stark's in GoT, making Edward Stark's father's death quite emotional. It's not the same for Llane. While a lot more realistic and enjoyable, it doesn't a great movie make.
    Im not saying you are wrong but i think it shows that pretty much everyone not familiar with the franchise wasnt bothered with the non superdeep introduction of the characters, you dont always need to do that. Sometimes you can let your imagination do the filling.

However the story as it is now in the movie warcraft universe works eventho you dont millions of ppl do so thats where they are going with it, next movie they
    will probably get more time to camly learn more about known characters and new.

"I would have preferred they started by focusing on a character. Notice how in LotR, there is a slow build up, you see Frodo and co as very relatable characters, in a relatable setting, with only one odd thing, when you realize they're not quite human, being much shorter standing next to Gandalf. But all the relatable stuff builds character, builds humanity...before all the fantasy stuff comes full on.

I remember watching D&D -- and feeling the same thing as I did in warcraft. It looked amazing (at the time) but wtf is all of this, didn't understand any of the customs, things, circle of mages - no introduction to them, what they are what they mean, it just felt so ... out there. Same for Warcraft.

If they had started with maybe showing young Lothar and his sister, meeting young Llane, build them up a bit as the people you care for. You care for the Stark's in GoT, making Edward Stark's father's death quite emotional. It's not the same for Llane. While a lot more realistic and enjoyable, it doesn't a great movie make."

Its been said over and over again that the company took away 30-40 mins of the movie, knowing this and im 100 % sure you do know this....how on earth can you even think that there would be space to do something like this?

You are the kind that is just illogical...and it sucks for you but the rest of us are happy

Deleted
    Great news from sweden http://www.sf.se/nyheter/2016/06/Hog...k-pa-Warcraft/

Fantasy fans from across the country heard the battle cry and rushed into theaters this weekend. The pressure remains high on Warcraft : The Beginning , which tops the list, visit right now.
    Regular performances were quickly sold out , and it took extraordinary performances before the premiere to meet the public interest. Fans of high fantasy and gamers crowded with those who like old-fashioned large-scale action . Warcraft : The Beginning currently playing in the biggest halls in the country.

Warcraft were only played in the biggest halls in like 1/3 of the citys during the weekend while Alice playing in the 1st halls in the majority of citys. But since it did so much better than Alice it's now moved to the 1st halls to atleast next thursday.
    Last edited by mmoc0bf6d3b732; 2016-06-01 at 09:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vicky82 View Post
    This is what happens when you release 2 big movies in the same week, looking at seating chart at my local cinema TMNT 2 is getting more butts in seats than Warcraft.

It is half term here.
    Ofc its gonna get more seating, its a known franchise and alot of ppl are raised with TMNT + the new movie made alot of kids probably like it aswell.
    Nothing wierd about it and comparing those 2 is stupid

- - - Updated - - -

I was a long time player of WoW. Between Vanilla and WotLK I was lead healer in a top 60 world ranked guild. I don't play now, but despite my dislike how Blizzard have taken the game, it's very much down real life commitments more than anything else.
    I genuinely wanted the movie to do well at first. But the longer it got dragged out, the more I knew it was just going to be embarrassing. I'll admit, I haven't seen it yet. I intend to, because I feel it's unfair to judge a movie without seeing it personally. But when countless trailers fail to excite me, I tend not to expect much. And the critics have just about confirmed my fears.
    A movie that expects it's viewers to have some knowledge of Warcraft's back story, being released at a time when interest in Warcraft is at a relatively all time low.
    I won't be spending money on a movie ticket. I'll wait till I can stream it.
    I hear you man, the trailers made me not wanna watch it but the closer it got some hype was build up. Just go and see it, ignore trailers, ignore critics...
    Its a fun watch if anything the CGI alone is worth the watch.

And no the movie isnt made for a preknowledge base, my gf watched it and doesnt know anything about warcraft other then watching me play now and then.
    She understood and followed along without issues.