Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    they wanted to offer an alternate gearing path from stepping into a raid, but it's hard to imagine tier bonuses coming from anything but a raid instance.

on the other hand, free tier from lfr could open up the way for 5 man tier, since the new challenge mode is technically harder than lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakrath View Post
    Hey,

in my understanding, i will even run LFR in Legion even if they wouldnt drop tier gear, the new "+"tech (titanforge) can push an item to insane ilvls (example worldquest 835+ titanforged into 870, this can happen with dungeon, wq, raid gear. So you will be rolling you dices for a nice lucky trinket/relic chance/proc.

Rakrath
    yep. titanforged is currently +5 - +75 item levels (random, increments of 5 though).

effectively you could run a heroic, get an 825 item.. and have it titanforged to ilvl 900.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I guess what they could do is like, for like each X difficulty, you get a token for a tier piece. It begins at lfr level and goes up the higher your keystone is.
    yeah let's reach level 15 and get mythic titanforged socket tertiary guarantee tier parts

Deleted
    How the fuck would LFR be a requirement for mythic+ players? If you dont have full 4p by the time mythic comes out. You are not a mythic raider. Your guild is not even top 1000. You should not be worrying about these things.
    Any guild worth half their shit in gold would be doing split normal/heroic runs in the time before mythic/lfr comes.
    Yep, cause every serious raiding guild runs split runs... /facepalm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmigration View Post
    I just saw that LFR drops tier again. That's cool as I enjoyed it as a means to progressing during cata. I prefer mythic 5s over LFR by a mile though. Does the gear award set bonuses or am I forced to run LFR again?
    Blizzard hasn't said anything but in all seriousness, its not likely. But its cute you hope so.

Deleted
    No tier from any 5mans - can get the 8 set from class hall and upgrade it but not from 5mans themself.

i don't think people in this thread understand how mythic+ is gonna work.

if you wanna do well, you better be raiding mythic because those set bonuses, those raiding trinkets you get from raids? that's how you're getting high levels in mythic+.

on beta right now i think the highest clear is mythic+8 (by serenity) and i think anything above 15 would require full mythic raiding gear tbh (including set bonuses).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I guess what they could do is like, for like each X difficulty, you get a token for a tier piece. It begins at lfr level and goes up the higher your keystone is.
    If you want your "raid" tier loot then you need to do a raid. Mythic is an alternative.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

If set bonuses become a huge issue they can always disable them in + runs like how they shut them off currently in Challenge Mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    Do I really need to copypaste the whole thing again? Just cause I say the word "Mythic+" does not instantly mean the damn dungeon. The only reason you should feel "forced" to do anything is if you seek to have a competitive advantage in Mythic (RAIDING) Progression. Otherwise you should feel free to not do or do any content you see fit.
    I don't really get what you are arguing. Tier with a chance of it being mythic raid ilv from lfr is a hell of a carrot for every player when the raid opens. I don't see the harm in handing out mythic tier from mythic +.

Hell you can even give it a fancy recolor of the mythic raid skins. Let lfr belong to the people who love and enjoy lfr. Let mythic dungeons give the gear it does to help raiders by pass without losing out to much.

I will still likely run it after all watching a tv show on my second monitor is a small price to pay for another chance at mythic ilv tier however remote for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't really get what you are arguing. Tier with a chance of it being mythic raid ilv from lfr is a hell of a carrot for every player when the raid opens. I don't see the harm in handing out mythic tier from mythic +.

Hell you can even give it a fancy recolor of the mythic raid skins. Let lfr belong to the people who love and enjoy lfr. Let mythic dungeons give the gear it does to help raiders by pass without losing out to much.

I will still likely run it after all watching a tv show on my second monitor is a small price to pay for another chance at mythic ilv tier however remote for the week.
    I don't care if it comes from Mythic+ dungeons. My argument was that Tier existing outside of Normal + raids does not force anyone to do anything. I highly doubt Tier though will come from Mythic+ dungeons because they onyl specifically said it would be "Mythic Equivalent gear" simply by ilvl/stat means.

edit: My Argument is SPECIFICALLY for the " LFR has tier? BLIZZARD IS FORCING US TO RAID LFR wahhhhh" people. Because that was the premise given in the OP. "is Mythic/Mythic+ going to give Tier or am I forced to run LFR.
    Last edited by glorygores; 2016-05-31 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    I don't care if it comes from Mythic+ dungeons. My argument was that Tier existing outside of Normal + raids does not force anyone to do anything. I highly doubt Tier though will come from Mythic+ dungeons because they onyl specifically said it would be "Mythic Equivalent gear" simply by ilvl/stat means.
    Right but your logic is awful...

No one is forced to play wow save Chinese prisoners who are tortured if they can't make enough gold in a day.

Still a chance at BiS from content you can afk through is a pretty damn good incentive regardless of your level of play.

Having it come from mythic + just helps raiders avoid lfr and everyone wins when they do.

Just cause I say the word "Mythic+" does not instantly mean the damn dungeon.
    Yes it does. Mythic+ dungeons are the only Mythic+ things there are. Mythic raids are not Mythic+. LFR is not Mythic+. Being completely illiterate is not Mythic+.

The only thing that Mythic+ could possibly refer to is the scaling endgame dungeon system. I wish they'd kept the 'challenge mode' name because as evidenced by this thread it's clearly too confusing for people.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm disappointed that it looks like you'll need to both do Mythic+ and raid if you want to focus on either. I was hyped for having separate progression paths because I love healing in 5 mans but find it really boring to do in raids and, to a lesser extent, I like playing dps in raids but wouldn't miss not doing it in 5s.

On the other hand, it's a good thing for people who play one character because they get more to do on it.

Yeah I recognise that there'd need to be some really artificial system to make it work but I'd definitely look into it if it was my game. There are a lot of different types of player though and you'd probably have to disappoint someone. I'm usually in the minority so it'd probably be me.

No, and hopefully Blizzard will remove LFR giving out tier gear. Talk about welfare...

Quote Originally Posted by toolsv View Post
    Yes it does. Mythic+ dungeons are the only Mythic+ things there are. Mythic raids are not Mythic+. LFR is not Mythic+. Being completely illiterate is not Mythic+.

The only thing that Mythic+ could possibly refer to is the scaling endgame dungeon system. I wish they'd kept the 'challenge mode' name because as evidenced by this thread it's clearly too confusing for people.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm disappointed that it looks like you'll need to both do Mythic+ and raid if you want to focus on either. I was hyped for having separate progression paths because I love healing in 5 mans but find it really boring to do in raids and, to a lesser extent, I like playing dps in raids but wouldn't miss not doing it in 5s.

On the other hand, it's a good thing for people who play one character because they get more to do on it.
    I said Mythic + players as in players who do Mythic content and above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Right but your logic is awful...

No one is forced to play wow save Chinese prisoners who are tortured if they can't make enough gold in a day.

Still a chance at BiS from content you can afk through is a pretty damn good incentive regardless of your level of play.

Having it come from mythic + just helps raiders avoid lfr and everyone wins when they do.
    except the fact that You are NOT geetting BiS gear from LFr. Don't know who told you that. LFR shares lockout with all raids. and unless you get some crazy bullshit rng you are not getting a tier token that is even close to Mythic ilvl. If you wanna risk it for a personal loot LFR tier token the more then likely wont' come close to something from Mythic then go ahead. Its your progression your hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Yeah set bonuses are a big concern for me as well. I really dislike LFR, and to be frank the gear it drops isn't great in the first place. It would be a shame if OP setbonuses would make LFR a requirement for mythic+ players.

One solution for this would be for a profession like Inscription to be able to create set bonus items for your head, shoulders, chest, gloves and legs. Not the same ones as the raiding gear obviously but a few different ones for each spec that would scale with your average item level of the items you had attached them to. For raid gear you could even allow you to overwrite the set bonuses with new ones.
    This would also help with one of the problems I have with set bonuses where they sometimes changes your spec so much that I no longer enjoy playing it.
    How the fuck would LFR be a requirement for mythic+ players? If you dont have full 4p by the time mythic comes out. You are not a mythic raider. Your guild is not even top 1000. You should not be worrying about these things.
    Any guild worth half their shit in gold would be doing split normal/heroic runs in the time before mythic/lfr comes.
    Mythic+ dungeons != Mythic raids.
    I said absolutely nothing about raiding outside of LFR in my original post.
    Do I really need to copypaste the whole thing again? Just cause I say the word "Mythic+" does not instantly mean the damn dungeon. The only reason you should feel "forced" to do anything is if you seek to have a competitive advantage in Mythic (RAIDING) Progression. Otherwise you should feel free to not do or do any content you see fit.
    But you replied to my post which was about mythic+ dungeons, mythic raids had nothing to do with it. Mythic+ is the new difficulty of dungeons coming in Legion where dungeons can scale in difficulty endlessly, however the scaling rewards will be capped at some point.
    Last edited by Echo of Soul; 2016-06-01 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    If a guild forces its members to farm LFR tier pieces with bonus rolls instead of running splits, that guild's gm/officers lack some serious brainpower.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Would be nice to get "dungeon" sets back though if they would give us sets for dungeons
    That's pretty much the class order set.

But you replied to my post which was about mythic+ dungeons, mythic raids had nothing to do with it. Mythic+ is the new difficulty of dungeons coming in Legion where dungeons can scale in difficulty endlessly, however the scaling rewards will be capped at some point.
    Yes. I replied to this specific spot you seem to ignore that you said.

It would be a shame if OP setbonuses would make LFR a requirement for mythic+ players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Yes any actually serious progression Mythic guild would be doing split raids. It is by far the most efficient way to gear.