Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Coming very soon, actually!
    The only change currently happening/has happened is how money is handled during a DMCA people can still DMCA without consequence.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    So listen to it on youtube every time you want to hear it
    Fuck no. Some of the music is actually free, but the only way you can get, is from youtube or mixtape sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Why would one pirate youtube videos?

Isn't it easier to simply watch them on youtube?
    Videos have a nasty tendency of disappearing from youtube because of DMCA and other nonsense. That's why you download it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Fuck no. Some of the music is actually free, but the only way you can get, is from youtube or mixtape sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Videos have a nasty tendency of disappearing from youtube because of DMCA and other nonsense. That's why you download it.
    These facts are true and only push people into pirating and things. DMCA stuff is out of hand. People with data plans on their phones/home can;t always sit streaming from youtube either...

They need to get their shit together and make it so that when you minimize the YouTube app, the sound still plays in the background.

From the title I was expecting Tennisace. Got Orlong instead. Difference is negligible.

being a pirate is a-okay.... according to youtube

10+ Year Old Account
    This will pretty much do nothing tbh.

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    being a pirate is a-okay.... according to youtube

https://youtu.be/aKdLbEpKAgs

This one is better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    1. Theft has a very specific definition.
    2. Theft is criminalized.
    3. Things that meet the definition of theft are illegal and prosecuted.
    4. AdBlock is not illegal.
    5. Usage of AdBlock is not prosecuted.
    6. AdBlock is theft.

OK, I got the first 5 steps, but I got lost at the last one. In more serious tone, there is no agreement between a YouTuber and the user that would necessitate the usage of the service on adds. YouTube Terms of Service also don't mention adds. Making a donation based system of payment for your service of product (which IIRC was the case via paypal for things like YouTube videos before advertisement sector smelled profits and now is making a comeback with Patreon) also deprives the service/goods providers of revenue if someone chooses not to donate. That also doesn't make not donating theft. It's the service provider's problem they chose a source of income that doesn't guarantee revenue with each use of the service. Or even create an obligation on the user to provide said revenue.
    Well, I genuinly chuckled. Anyway, donations are kinda a different thing though, because its assumed that donations are voluntary. Ads were a passive way of income and it was the best deal that could have been arranged between users and providers. Now its a shame its dissapearing, because it certainly has effects and it will bite peple back as subscriptions are becoming more and more common and free content is subsequently becoming stale. It also drives companies to make huge leaps that would have never thougt before, I.E Reddit replacing non affiliated links with reddit affiliated links, youtube red, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Within an hour of disabling adblock, users were getting malware from Forbes.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/...tisements.html
    This problem is not with Forbes, it's their ad network's responsibility. Forbes is operating on trust that its ad providers are keeping their networks clean, and they clearly aren't if Forbes, DailyMotion, MSN, Yahoo, plus that bastion of clickbait, the Daily Mail, are all getting hit in a short period of time.
    I assume Forbes has taken action against their ad network.Also if I recall properly Forbes has a section to report ads, I think mmo-c has someone as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    Only reason I come to MMOC these days is for the forums. News I find is slower than wowhead, and wowhead doesn't cause my adblock to reach 40+ per page. Like wtf ?

OT: I don't really see this doing that much .. and I wouldn't really call it pirating either. The people who download these videos likely have adblock enabled and I can't imagine it would be any tangible amount of viewers either.
    That is the trick, its not a problem when a small percentage of people engage in said activities, but when it becomes popular it certainly becomes a problem. That is the reason why companies invest enormous amounts of money to prevent the spread of piracy, and it seems to work quite well. Piracy of AAA titles is no longer a thing.
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-06-01 at 01:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Seeing as ads can contain viruses and trojans, it'll be a cold day in Hell before i turn off adblock.
    This. Also, most ads only generate revenue on clickthrough. Ad Blocker simply lets those of us who have never clicked an ad be able to continue never clicking ads without the risk of serious viruses trying to sneak into our systems, auto-playing video ads with the volume blasting louder than a douchebag blasts ska through his Skyline's $1500 speakers while hanging out in his driveway, popup ads, and flashing ads that probably cause epileptic seizures.

Get rid of all those and I'll whitelist more sites. 'Til then, I only whitelist sites that I visit and know for a fact don't use any of the above types of intrusive ads.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Does this mean that YT will be stomping the shit out of React makers

Because fuck em
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Offline people cant use youtube to download the videos anyway. Very few people dont have internet
    Offline viewers.

If I download it once, I can watch it offline infinitely. For people with data caps, being able to download it is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    This. Also, most ads only generate revenue on clickthrough. Ad Blocker simply lets those of us who have never clicked an ad be able to continue never clicking ads without the risk of serious viruses trying to sneak into our systems, auto-playing video ads with the volume blasting louder than a douchebag blasts ska through his Skyline's $1500 speakers while hanging out in his driveway, popup ads, and flashing ads that probably cause epileptic seizures.

Get rid of all those and I'll whitelist more sites. 'Til then, I only whitelist sites that I visit and know for a fact don't use any of the above types of intrusive ads.
    That's false, most sites use banners, ads that generate revenue through clicks are for small websites or for those that lack connections to ad networks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Now, if only YouTube could get their shit together with all the false DMCA-claims you hear about.
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha
    This is probably what Youtube's line of thinking was, when they wrote their plan

Deleted
    funny thing is theres videos on youtube on how to download youtube videos lol, youtube dnt police there site at all cos theres allsorts of hacking relatedmaterial and how to's and tutorials, and you cant stop piracy the reason people pirate stuff is cos its normally to expensive to do it legit a few examples below

1. a family ticket to the cinema to see lets say the warcraft movie, a family being mom,dad and 2 children average but its prolly not that now this would cos you like £30+ just for tickets and you know the kids are gonna want food there and they deliberatly make cinema food around 4000% more expensive.

2. video games £60 for a video game on consoles no thanks il stick to my cheap pc gaming with sites like g2a and steam sales

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post

Also do people still fool themselves with this lie. Using adblock has no negative effect, so there is literally no reason to stop using it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    funny thing is theres videos on youtube on how to download youtube videos lol, youtube dnt police there site at all cos theres allsorts of hacking relatedmaterial and how to's and tutorials, and you cant stop piracy the reason people pirate stuff is cos its normally to expensive to do it legit a few examples below

1. a family ticket to the cinema to see lets say the warcraft movie, a family being mom,dad and 2 children average but its prolly not that now this would cos you like £30+ just for tickets and you know the kids are gonna want food there and they deliberatly make cinema food around 4000% more expensive.

2. video games £60 for a video game on consoles no thanks il stick to my cheap pc gaming with sites like g2a and steam sales
    You can stop piracy it has been a succes for pc gaming and gaming in general with denuvo. In addition g2a from what I hear, really is a shady page, I'd much rather not use it and stick to steam sales.

Deleted
    I believe using adblock makes you a thief (a scumbag at a minimum) as well because your browser isnt displaying those ads which means the website isnt making money from you. IF everyone used adblock, the internet would likely either go away ot you would have to pay a monthly subscription to every site
    why should we turn adblocker off we are not stealing anything cos we are not taking from anyone, its websites like this one and wowhead which is why adblocker is needed in the first place, sites take longer to load without an adblocker and google wil lcollect all your data on you if you dnt have adblockers/tracking blockers. i bet your one of those people who made a i hate adblock users videos on youtube

You might catch some of us on the 7 seas...BUT NOT ALL OF US YA LAND LUBBER!
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.