Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    In WC 3 Uther says to Arthas "I hope there's a special place in hell waiting for you Arthas." It's been mentioned before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    LOL.

This entire movie is an error from beginning to end, the number of desyncs with the official lore and the number of times the movie is illogical and downright stupid is humongous.

You are pointing to a pile of crap and saying that it's not very clean because there's a horse hair on it.
    They're not trying to follow the game lore 100%, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I haven't seen the movie yet though so I won't comment on whether or not it's illogical, but complaining that they deviated from the game lore is like complaining that marvel movies deviate from the comics. The most important thing is that it's a good movie first and foremost, and shaking up the story helps to keep fans of the games from getting complacent and knowing everything that's going to happen. As for whether they succeeded or not for me, I'll find out in a few weeks when I see it myself.

The Warcraft "Hell" is most likely the Shadowlands. Also this is the terrible reenactment so do not expect this to be canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    This entire movie is an error from beginning to end, the number of desyncs with the official lore
    It's not supposed to follow the game lore. They said long ago that it was a separate canon.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    The Warcraft "Hell" is most likely the Shadowlands. Also this is the terrible reenactment so do not expect this to be canon.
    It's a reimagining that was not intended to strictly follow the game lore, just like comic book movies deviate from the comics. Maybe that's not what everyone wanted, but it is what it is. That doesn't mean you can't disagree with the changes or that it's not fair to dislike the movie on its own merits and failings but it's not bad for not just being a direct rip from The Last Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's not supposed to follow the game lore. They said long ago that it was a separate canon.
    It's not, that's why OPs post makes little sense, which was my point.

people are way to harsh one movies based from video games

Deleted
    LOL.

This entire movie is an error from beginning to end, the number of desyncs with the official lore and the number of times the movie is illogical and downright stupid is humongous.

You are pointing to a pile of crap and saying that it's not very clean because there's a horse hair on it.
    I'm so glad I'm not this guy.

Deleted
    LOL.

Im kinda over WoW having played it for ten years, but that was a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Maybe they do that often.
    Sounds like there's some homoerotic tension there...

Maybe this "error" isn't the issue here?

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Many times. Quest names, zone names (HELLfire), spell names (HELLfire again), creatures (Hell Hounds), etc.

I believe the land that Sylvanas goes to when she hurls herself from Icecrown Citadel is also referred to as hell, though I'd need to double-check that.

Uther also mentions it in WC3:
    This is correct, not an oversight, i assume the church of light is aware of or has legends of helheim

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    It's a reimagining that was not intended to strictly follow the game lore,
    And that is where they ruined the movie before it was even released.

In wc1 the daemons were from hell, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Maybe they do that often.
    Are you implying they are gay?

As a passionate and devoted lore nerd, I have to disagree with you. That's like saying Game of Thrones ruined A Song of Ice and Fire because it deviated from the source material. Or the LotR movies were crap because they deviated from the books. Don't get me wrong, I don't love the fact that the Horde is the main focus (Duncan Jones said it himself, he wants the audience to like the Horde first, and then the humans) since originally they were this awesomely fearsome force from another world, hellbent (hehe) on destroying Azeroth, but since Blizz has a raging nerd-boner for their beloved faction there's no way in hell that they can just be bad guys as they were originally. However, this movie is a separate story, as others have already pointed out, like comic book movies or any other adaptations. As long as the changes actually make sense, I'm perfectly ok with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbey View Post
    As long as the changes actually make sense,
    This burned my eyes because these changes do NOT make sense.

If you want the exact same story just go reread The Last Guardian. If they followed canon lore for the movies then it would be too predictable for those of us famliar with the lore. The movie may be flawed, but it's not automatically bad for not following the game lore 100%.

Deleted
    It's fine. Don't overthink yourself with fantasy movies. Hell = Underworld / Nether World / Limbo .. whatever suits you Sir. :]

edit: also, there must be tons of other words that shouldn't fit into sci-fi / fantasy subjects and yet they are there without raising your sensors of criticism.
    Last edited by mmoc310ed5291d; 2016-06-01 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Dude.. pretty sure you misread that look. Your friend probably expected the night to end with the two of you hooking up. Bet your friend will give the movie a bad review because you misread that signal. Shame.
    Anyone else report op for being a homophobe?
    Nah me neither.
    Hell is definetly in the WoW lore. It just has a different definition tonwhat most people i know think it is. A hindu will have a different definition of hell than a christian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    What I reacted mostly to was when one human yelled something along the lines of "Oh my god!".

Very strange when humans devote themselves to the Light, and while there might be beings within the Light which they can consider Gods this one implied that there were pretty much one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    They're not trying to follow the game lore 100%, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I haven't seen the movie yet though so I won't comment on whether or not it's illogical, but complaining that they deviated from the game lore is like complaining that marvel movies deviate from the comics. The most important thing is that it's a good movie first and foremost, and shaking up the story helps to keep fans of the games from getting complacent and knowing everything that's going to happen. As for whether they succeeded or not for me, I'll find out in a few weeks when I see it myself.
    The only thing that still hurts my brain and soul is this giant black cube that's called with the name of first guardian of tirisfall with women inside. Seriously, wtf was that i need answers. Is it dying naaru? Is it aegwynn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.